Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Happenin' (Part 2)

Originally posted by lor View Post
    Hi all, I haven't been here in awhile so thought I would come say hello (& happy holidays). Over 30 years ago I was in college & was an art student. I mostly liked/did pottery but when I graduated didn't know where to go (part of the trouble was also that I didn't drive...due to my epilepsy). Well, the other day we bought a used pottery wheel & used kiln so now I can throw pots again
    Lor -- it's SO good to finally hear from you .... especially to hear you're doing OK. Please, please visit here as often as possible and let us know how things are.

trying to use right hand more. why did other site go away? see son t

Comment

hi everyone. it is good to see you pati. I hope you continue to get better and fast. it is also good to know that lor has been here. Lor you get that stuff for making pottery and get to turning out stuff. I want you to post pictures of what you make, ok?

I fell again, that makes twice in one week. this time I hit the back of my head. hubby and I had gone to pick up grandson and were in son's house when I was going to sit on the chair arm and look at something. and I just missed or did not realize that the chair arm was so soft and I sorta missed landing on chair arm like I inyended and down in floor I went.

hubby was there but I was still so sore from falling earlie this week. and their floor was hardwood and very slick. I had hard time getting upon my knees because I slid on floor. but finally did get up and at least it was not no 2 hours like the first time getting up. but gosh a I ever sore.

Comment

Joy, I don't know what we are going to do about your falling. You be careful. I'm sure you are.

Finally baked my fruit cakes. I've already eaten a loaf. Two more to go. Then I'll make some more. My daughter takes a loaf for herself. My husband just loves it too. It's not caked with too much fruit so I would say it's more like a bread than a cake.

That's reminds me of a story. I was in a mental health group and we had to be tested for drugs, I failed one test and the only thing I could think of why is because the fruit cake has a spice called mace in it which is a drug type. I told the doctor that and he started laughing and agreed with me that it was the fruit cake. lol

Hope this finds everyone healthy and upright. lol
        Take care,
        Dawn

Comment

forgot to tell the good news: my youngest is now getting married in April or May. Will have to see who has openings at such a late date. They go back to California in June so they want to get married before they go.
          Take care,
          Dawn

Comment

My dear JOY!! Did you get an EEG for that tumble on your head??? You've got to keep up and get these falls seen about. Surely you can see the damage I have done by these falls!

It scare's the daylight's out of me just thinking about falling. When I go for over a week and can't tell anybody who I am, where I am, etc., I'm afraid I will fall and never come back.

Please Joy, Go get them to do an EEG to see if there is damage. You and I have talked and we both know the awful things we can do to our selves. I want to hang around here a while longer and I want you here with me.

Take care to all, Julia s
            Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
            'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

hey everyone !

yes, i have been missing for awhile.

there is so much to do before christmas! i like to do a pretty good job of cleaning the house before the holidays and then i don't worry about it for awhile. i do stuff that i only do a couple times a year, like cleaning the blinds. cleaning blinds is a long job. i dust every slat and then i wipe it down with soapy water. these are the blinds in my living room...3 windows. i dusted and cleaned the wooden blinds in the dining room and washed a few walls. i am also switching banks, so i've had to go to the banks to open and close accounts and change all my numbers for paying my bills online.

my friend whose daughter died a few weeks ago, had rotator cuff surgery last week. she had been in pain for several months and some doctor she was going to wanted her to go to physical therapy. she said she could barely move her arm. finally, she went to another doctor and he did an mri and saw the tear in her rotator cuff. one of her other daughters asked me to wrap a few presents for her, cause she is out-of-state and she knew her mom wouldn't be able to do that. so i wrapped 4 presents for her. i am wrapping presents here for other people, too. that is one thing i learned by doing with my mom. plus making bows. my mom was really great at that.

my mom continues to decline. she is not making much sense when she talks anymore. most of the words she says are not real words. once in awhile, she'll say a word i understand. she can still feed herself, though. i know she is in the most severe stages of alzheimers disease. there is nothing i can do.

thank you all for being here for me this year! this is such a special place for me. we all need support. you are so giving and kind and generous and i you all!

thank you for sharing and caring,
              jeannie
              Last edited by tic chick; 12-22-2013, 08:54 AM.
              WE ARE BT!
              "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
              "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
              "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Julia I don't need an mri from these las falls. maybe I should have gone for the one last years but I did get better finally. I fall more than I should because of my numb and dead parts. I just need to be more careful. but who thinks that in their own home? io do when in bathroom and tile floor could be wet but not in other parts of house. I promise I will start being more careful in the whole house. I do not go places often but whe I do hubby is always right there to offer his arm if I get out of vehicle without my cane.

Comment

well i had alot of tests & they ignored my bruise that still hows from the fall back in August. so much for that. but thats me-not our sweet joy. head things are weird. i still don't feel good in alot of ways. maybe i never will. my right arm still hurts. i'm alive though & it could have been so much worse!

Comment

your body went through some awful stuff pati. I hope you start feeling better soon. take good care of yourself because your body needs it.

Comment

I keep this forum up on my phone all the time - I'm here - I'm reading - I'm sending good thoughts and lots of love!!!

Love,
                      Sly
                      Last edited by sly4626; 12-29-2013, 04:05 PM. Reason: Spelling! :)
                      "When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person that walked in. That's what the storm is all about."

Comment

Originally posted by sly4626 View Post
                        I keep this forum up on my phone all the time - I'm here - I'm reading - I'm sending good thoughts and lots of love!!!

Love,
                        Sly
                        To Sly - Best wishes to you also.

Comment

so glad tp see a post from you. I ask others (and so do the others)ask about when you go missing for some time. glad that you carry phone around and glad you still check in with us. good to see a post from you Mal as well.

let me say it now just in case I get busy and don't get back -- Happy New Year to everyone.

Comment

Dear Joy, I'm sorry I have nagged at you so much about getting seen about you when you fall. I care about you and I know well what falls can do to you. I promise I will not nag at you anymore. I'm glad your husband was close by and was able to help you.

Pati, I'm glad your right arm is doing better and you are gaining some strength in it. I know how hard it is to have to stay put and not get about as usual.

Although I am very happy to be making progress here I would be happy to do things that I used to do. Maybe some day------, maybe never.

Jan, was glad to hear from you and an update from Hank. Jeannie, you stay so busy, I can't believe the energy you have. That's great. I'm working on my exercise routine the Home Health have me doing. I've just got to do more and work harder.

Mal, it's good to see you posting. I had wondered where you got to. You Too Clouds-z. I miss you when you aren't here. Lor, glad to see you too.

Well, want to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR Julia Jo
                            Last edited by Jo6; 12-31-2013, 10:32 AM.
                            Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                            'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Joy - thanks :) just thanks for caring. All of you. It's still up on my phone now - how is everyone? All I can think of is health problems. I know a lot of you are hanging in there - dealing with various health stuff. Just hoping everyone is doing ok.

4:40 am and I'm still up. Happy New Year - it is - but woah I've really got to go to bed. I've been just kind of "being with myself" or something. It helps when I do that once in a while - and today it decides to hit me this late lol? Nite all.

Love,
                              Sly
                              Last edited by sly4626; 01-01-2014, 01:43 AM.
                              "When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person that walked in. That's what the storm is all about."

Comment

Working...
                              X