Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT September Chit Chat

Hi,, August just went fast,,of course everything seems faster to me,, lol

Weather wise,, its okay,, not to hot,, and definetly seems like early fall,, but we have a stretch of rain coming in the next 4 to 5 days,, which we don't need,, we just seeded the hay field by the river.

Canning salsa again,, our tomatoes are starting to take off,,we usually make mild/hot/smoked. and "HOT" salsa,, smoked salsa is my favorite.

No tractor Joe missed it by 100 dollars,, that's okay we really don't need it,,but there's always another farm sale,,"sigh",,lol...

well that's it from the tar paper shack on the dirt road,, later then,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

I cannot believe it is September. Some of our crops are just starting to produce. If we are lucky weather will be warm enough to produce a fall crop. Strange, strange weather.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Hey there farmers! You guys started a "farmers thread" while no one was looking, didn't you? Well this city boy caught you!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
        Hey there farmers! You guys started a "farmers thread" while no one was looking, didn't you? Well this city boy caught you!
        you look good wearing bib overalls over your thong Howie,, new fashion statement,,lol
        " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Comment

Maybe add a wide-brimmed hat to keep the glaring sun out of his eyes?
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Salsa anyway one wants it - that's Peg's current chore. She is always up to something.

We are going to celebrate Labor Day tomorrow instead of Sunday. We are going to have hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, etc at my Niece's house. I have never been there. I have been invited but she lives in the neighborhood where my two brothers live now. Too far for me. She and her husband started all this moving. Anyway, my youngest nephew, Grayson told them he wanted to pick me up. So I will be riding in either a Corvette or a Maserati. The Maserati will be gone I think the end of the year. He is leasing it. Anyway, I should be in style at least one way. One of my brothers is going to come this way and bring me back. While there I will also be viewing each of my brother's houses which I have not seen. This is a new neighborhood, so all new houses. They should be pretty. Plus both brothers bought new furniture. I am the poor one.
            Virginia

Comment

I am so glad you’re with family Virginia.

Comment

September 1 already. Where did the summer go?? Nothing much going on here. I have an appointment for botox shots in my bladder next week (every six months..it's been six months, already!). And on Tuesday my computer guy is coming to install a new modem and do some maintenance on my laptop.

I'm surprised farmers have gotten much at all out of their fields this summer -- around here it's been too hot, too dry, too wet, sometimes within days of each other! I planted my tier herb garden this year after having a lot of luck last year...but this year only a tomato plant and a pepper plant survived....the 9 others in the planter all gave me one small harvest.....then died..

Anyway. Just checking in.

Comment

Well, I've been off the farm since 1970 and not growing food anymore. But this summer has been so dry that our plants outside are looking pitifully parched. We have had an outdoor water ban in place for the past 6 weeks. It went into effect right after we brought in another load of loam and spread it in hollows in the yard and to even out where we took out the big flower gardens last fall and this spring. We have seeded it three times and watered each time till the ban went into effect and still no grass where the loam was spread. Dave even put Scott's Turfbuilder seed with starter in it and nothing. Now we are in a boil water alert for 5 areas of the township served by one water provider for E. Coli that was discovered two days ago. Ban is expected to continue for the next 3-4 days minimum.

The humidity is lower and it got down to 65 last night and only up to 78 today so this is heaven compared to the past few weeks.

Saw my Neurologist Thursday and he ordered the next round of Rituxan for September 18 and October 2 but wants to do Lymphocyte subsets for T and B cells before that begins. Tomorrow morning I am on the schedule to read at church then Monday we have our annual meeting, elections and cookout for the yacht club (a small working man's marina). I need to make a big pot of Chili for that. Tuesday David has his annual physical (unrelated to the clinical trials) and then we have reservations for dinner and a movie to celebrate my birthday. Wednesday I have a massage, a Dr. appointment and we have a meeting at church after dinner. Thursday I have another appointment in the morning then my port flush and monthly blood work followed by a haircut and Friday we have another long day at the trial site for informed consent, blood work, EKG, Lumbar puncture, physical and neurological exam and cognitive testing .....again. Busy week ahead.

Comment

Cherie, definitely a busy week coming up for you. I hope you are feeling up to it. Let us know how everything is going.

While you have not had much rain at all. We have had more than a little. Every time I want to get the windows washed outside it rains before I can get anyone to do it.

I was expecting the lady who helps me in the house to call today and tell me what day she could come next week, but she didn't call. Actually, she had said she would call last night or today and then she added "I promise you". Wish I had someone I like as much that I could trust to do what they say they are going to.
                    Virginia

Comment

Virginia, I don't suppose she gave you her phone number? If she said she'd call and didn't, wouldn't it be OK to call her and ask?

When I had helpers, they weren't allowed to give out their phone numbers (policy of the company they worked for, to protect the workers from being deluged with calls from clients at all hours) but some did. Clients could call the company if someone didn't do something she stated she would do--like call, or show up for work.

I realize that the workers got paid entirely too little but I did call the company in a case like yours. Of course on a holiday weekend the company wouldn't have been responding but if you have the worker's number, you could certainly call her, seems to me. After all, you want to make your plans and aren't able to if she doesn't let you know her plans.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Cherie,
                        We had way too much rain at the beginning of the season and it damaged a lot of crops which have never recovered well. Now it is dry enough so we started irrigating a field of beans. We have sandy soil on most of the farm so it usually handles too much rain. But not this year. Things are just not right with the weather world.

Wishing you an early Happy Birthday! ..”Let them eat cake” seems a perfect thing to say in this case!
                        Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Agate, I know I am stubborn, but I have called her so many times that I am now just tired of it. If she doesn't want to come so bit it, but I wish she would just say so. If I call she will just beat around the bush about when she might can come. I just don't want to hear it.
                          Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                            Agate, I know I am stubborn, but I have called her so many times that I am now just tired of it. If she doesn't want to come so bit it, but I wish she would just say so. If I call she will just beat around the bush about when she might can come. I just don't want to hear it.
                            Oh, I didn't realize you were dealing with that sort of person. I've had similar experiences and know what you mean. It's easier sometimes just to let things be.

Comment

This is the blanket I made for my grandson. He received it today though a warm summer day may not have been the best time for this....

And this is William at 5 months:

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X