Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grocery delivery options (from Neurology Now)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grocery delivery options (from Neurology Now)

The latest issue of Neurology Now (December/January) has a short article about affordable grocery delivery options:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

I have been using Peapod for years now. Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... Groceries are delivered either to the house or ($6.95 delivery charge) or to my nearest Stop and Shop which is a mile away. We can pick it up there all bagged and bring it home for a $2 delivery charge. We often do that as David has to drive right by there on his way home from the office. You sit in your car, call the number on your cell to let them know you are there, they bring your order out and load it in the car and refuse tips! Delivery fees are lower if you choose a wider window of time or certain days and higher if you buy $60 or less in product. I love the convenience of it and find I do not spend as much as I am not tempted by things I would see going up and down aisles.

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

agate ~

Thank you for sharing this information. I'm exploring Instacart for home deliveries, as that would save me a lot of time and hours on my feet. So far, it looks like Whole Foods is the only grocer with home delivery in our area. That's fine, since most of the food we eat is the kind that WF sells. I think this is a trend, and more home delivery will be available in the future.

Love & Light,

Rose
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

My area isn’t big enough to sustain that service, too bad.

Last week Publix was out 50% of it’s motorized carts. Mgr said they were being fixed. He angrily said patrons ride them outside into the rain by selves, and then they just sit out in Rain. Unsure why staff doesn’t see that and retrieve them?! I waited 20 minutes for one. For now on I will go at opening time at sunrise, before other shoppers come.

Comment

Instacart! Will check it out.

Comment

Hi Renee,

Let us know if you check out Instacart and how it works out for you.

How are you? Would love to see and hear more from you.
            Virginia

Comment

We have three large groceries here in town and one is 24/7. There was a time I would shop at midnight because it was so quiet but now I just don't go to the store more than once or twice a year. I have never been dissatisfied with the quality of fresh produce or meats that have been delivered. Occasionally there is a broken egg. If that is the case the dozen is free and I get to keep the undamaged ones. David is more than willing to stop by the store on his way home from work and pick up an order because it saves $4-5 on delivery fees and they don't accept tips. The drivers that bring the order to the house appreciate tips.

Comment

I've had notices before about class action settlements, and nothing came of them. I just had a surprising one about a class action settlement with Safeway, the supermarket chain where I've been ordering online for the last 8 years, and for 6 of those years it was my only source for groceries and other items.

I often heard that Safeway was charging higher prices for online items than the prices charged in their stores but I didn't have a lot of other options.

Now there's a $42 million settlement against Safeway because they were raising their prices for the online items.

My share of that will probably turn out to be small and it won't be coming my way for a long time, but it will be welcome. It's for only the years 2011-2014 but I was shopping regularly online with them at that time. I just may be coming into a few dollars one of these days.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

I notice that my mom is driving less and the last time we were there she was out of almost everything.

Now good news! Giant Eagle is starting an order and pick up and an order snd have delivered service, sounds like what Cherie has.

ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Peapod.com is all over the Country. It uses Stop and Shop, Safeway, Price Chopper, Piggly Wiggly, and other big chains in urban areas to supply them for delivery to their customers. Schwann is also a possibility but they mostly sell frozen foods and meals as well as ice cream and don't have the fresh fruit, vegetable and meat selections. That is the only delivery service that I know of in rural Upstate NY where most of my siblings still live. I wanted to send online groceries to my parents while they were still alive and Schwann's seemed to be the only option in that area.

Comment

Cherie, I've been on Peapod's mailing list for several years in case they ever become available in my area. They still aren't available here, but Instacart seems quite similar.

Comment

Working...
                      X