Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT December Chit Chat

Hi everyone ,,<waving>

hows things going ?,, its going good here,, this weekend I play cook ,, shotgun seasons starts,,{deer},, a whole bunch of hunters descend on our farm,, have my menu planned,,>> vegtable venison stew, cookies, bars, rolls,, a lot more, probally ,,I don't mind ,,

weather still is in the 50's but gonna change next week,, highs in the teens, >>brrrr !!

I go the 12th to the new neuro, in DM,, so they can, okay the next infusion, in January,,

thats all folks,, later then
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Sam is out hunting deer too, but so far I haven't seen her bring any home. So I'm not cooking anything else until I actually see her bring one home, then I can start making the side dishes. Sounds like you have quite a feast planned.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

You didn't expect me to sleep when we got paid today, did you? Well, I didn't but I tried. I have the online banking, so I can see if we have gotten paid yet. It's just waiting on the store to open before I go to the bank.

All my checks have been written so I'll mail them off as I leave. And my brother sent me some DVDs which I'm sure will be there when I come back from the store. I also have one bag of trash to take to the dump.

So whenever you sleepyheads get up, have a great day!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Peg, I just love what you do! I so enjoy reading about your farm life :)

Howie, sounds like a party!

Am supposed to go surfing tomorrow. Forecast for waves is poor, but there is always fun to be had no matter what.

Comment

Peg, you're obviously one very busy lady, and yet you take the time to get in here on the first of every month and start up a thread for us!

Anyone recall a discussion of the post office's new system of sending out e-mails to let people know what mail should be in their mailbox that day? I've been using it for some time now, and have reason to be glad it's there.

Weeks ago the e-mail showed me a personal letter from a woman who used to live here. She hardly ever writes and so that was a surprise. But I never got it.

I took a close look at the e-mail photo of the envelope. She'd addressed it right except that she got the apartment number wrong--105 instead of 106. The woman in 105 is bedridden, and helpers get her mail. They may not look at it carefully, or they may not get it very often, or whatever. If she got that piece of mail by mistake, I still never got it.

I know her and could ask her but it seems like an imposition. She'd probably feel obliged to look all around for it, and she's just not well enough to try that, IMO.

Luckily there's a process built into this new system where you can report a piece of mail you didn't receive, and so I've started that.

The problem really is that our current mail carrier is very careless. The letter was addressed perfectly in every other way. She should have realized that my name isn't the name in apartment 105, but she's always in a big rush, and I'm always getting other people's mail.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
            Peg, you're obviously one very busy lady, and yet you take the time to get in here on the first of every month and start up a thread for us!

Anyone recall a discussion of the post office's new system of sending out e-mails to let people know what mail should be in their mailbox that day? I've been using it for some time now, and have reason to be glad it's there.

Weeks ago the e-mail showed me a personal letter from a woman who used to live here. She hardly ever writes and so that was a surprise. But I never got it.

I took a close look at the e-mail photo of the envelope. She'd addressed it right except that she got the apartment number wrong--105 instead of 106. The woman in 105 is bedridden, and helpers get her mail. They may not look at it carefully, or they may not get it very often, or whatever. If she got that piece of mail by mistake, I still never got it.

I know her and could ask her but it seems like an imposition. She'd probably feel obliged to look all around for it, and she's just not well enough to try that, IMO.

Luckily there's a process built into this new system where you can report a piece of mail you didn't receive, and so I've started that.

The problem really is that our current mail carrier is very careless. The letter was addressed perfectly in every other way. She should have realized that my name isn't the name in apartment 105, but she's always in a big rush, and I'm always getting other people's mail.
            Rather than bother her, can you stop one of her helpers and ask them? If the post office traces it, a notice will come to her, won't it?
            ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

Comment

I'm not sure what the next step in the tracing procedure is. I reported it as missing mail after the required week had passed. But asking one of the helpers is an excellent idea. I know one of them and often see her around. She's been this woman's helper for about 15 years!
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

:) I could not sleep last night so at 2:30 I got up and took a shower and shampooed my hair. Then I blew it dry and back to bed at 4. I slept until 1 PM with several bathroom breaks. At 3 I took a nap until 6.

Yesterday I did Christmas cards and cut my list in half from last year. I put them all in the mailbox and the postman took them. I wanted to go hear Andy's band practice but I just do not have the energy. BBS I am impressed with all you and Agate do. Jeanie :)
                Last edited by Jeanie Z; 12-02-2017, 05:12 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I tried to get my mail today for the first time since Tuesday. The maid got it for me then. There was not one scrap of paper in the mailbox. I know that it is not right. There should be quite a lot of mail. It must have gotten so full that they took it back to the Post Office, but they didn't leave a slip to pick it up with.

I have a letter from the Doctor stating that they should deliver my mail to me, but the woman who takes care of approving that is just not returning my phone calls. I will have to try and get it straightened out Monday. I hope I feel like getting out. It is hard to go without mail.

Peg, sounds like more big doings at your spread. Are you still riding your horse? You do a lot of cooking, which is amazing.

Jeanie, hope your fatigue gets better. When I went out 4 days in a row last week-end it just did me in and I wasn't much good this week. Now I may be about to do it again. I went out to run errands today, then tomorrow there is a baby shower for my Niece in the afternoon and dinner with two brothers and SILs tomorrow evening. Then Monday I need to go to the credit union and the Post Office to try and get my mail straight. Maid is not due this week, so I hope that I can get everything done in the house.
                  Virginia

Comment

Well, Howie, did you spend it all yet?

Peg must be an expert cook. She doesn't just cook for her immediate family--she's often cooking for whole mobs of people!

Virginia, there are days here when nobody gets any mail even though it's no holiday. Some of the mail carriers seem poorly trained or indifferent. I've heard that this is particularly likely to be the way it is during the holiday season, when the post office hires a lot of extra people, who may or may not know what they're doing.

I just read a moderately interesting book--A GUIDE TO LIES: CRITICAL THINKING IN THE INFORMATION AGE by Daniel J. Levitin. It's about how easily we can be deceived by pseudo-science and playing around with statistics.

Comment

Jeanie, it looks like a lot of activity, but I spend a lot of time line on the couch or sitting on a chair. Yesterday‘s activity resulted in me lying on the couch for almost 6 hours afterwards, trying to recover, unsuccessfully. I found myself even thinking that maybe I should give up on the exercise.

Comment

Agate, I didn't spend it all, but a pretty good chunk on bills. I had car insurance to pay. That's every 3 months. So I've got everything to make another big pot of pasta which takes care of my food bill for the month except for milk and maybe coffee.

BBS, why don't you stop exercising for awhile, and just see how you feel. I know for me, I have X amount of energy per day, and if I use it all up, I will pay for it the next few days.

My exercise is what I do just for living. Taking care of my cat Sam, fixing me a meal, doing the dishes, taking a bath, doing laundry, etc. Just living.

Albert Einstein

Comment

But.....BBS loves her surfing and her surfing buddies and we love it when she tells us about it. She just takes us right with her. I think keep it up as long as you can. All too soon, you may not be able to.

This afternoon I went to a baby shower that was the nicest I have ever been to. It was at 2:00P.M. and I was not expecting to have a sit down dinner. Actually, we went through the line and got our food and then set at tables to eat. There were a lot of tables for eight people. Not all were filled, but still lots of people. A lot of work went into this one. It lasted from 2 until after 4P.M.

I came home for just a few minutes and left again to go meet a brother and a sister-in-law that was with me this afternoon. We went out to eat. Honestly, I am so tired. I need to go out again tomorrow, but do not know if that will be possible.

I am enjoying my Roku and having Netflix and Amazon Prime movies. I have seen two really good ones on Amazon Prime.
                          Virginia

Comment

Off to LA in the morning and then Tuesday evening doing a program for the MS Foundation in Fullerton and Wednesday in Thousand Oaks. Back home late Thursday night. full day... 8-10 hours getting coast to coast via plane. I have never been able to sleep on planes but should have a couple of opportunities to watch a movie. I will let you know if any of the ones I see are worth seeking out and watching.

40s here, 70s there. So I will wear jeans and sneakers and a jacket to and from and more summery attire while there. Still only one small roller bag.

Comment

Traveling light always seems like a good idea. Good time not to be in New England, with winter weather coming on. Hope you can catch some California sunshine.

Comment

Working...
                              X