New member / Hydrocephalus patient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member / Hydrocephalus patient

Hi, I am new to brain talk. Over the years, ( since 1984) I have had one problem after another since being dx'ed with hydro. I have had a total of 22 revisions.
    Last year, I was hospitalized with a heart infection for 89 days ( from Sept 24 to Dec 22 ) Since then, my life hass changed a great deal. My headaches are horrendous, and due to the fact that the CT-scans come back unremarkable, the Drs. won't do anything ! Years ago, ( and I had forgotten this for awhile ) after my first revision ( I was 30 at the time. I was Dx'ed simply because I presented my daughter(6yrs) it was found that the shunt had calcium & protein deposits .....it was changed, and that's when I began having problems. It wasn't until 2001, I did get a N/S ( chief, professor & chair ) to listen to me....and of course another 20 revisions were performed, each one causeing more problems than the last....I have battled menengitis, and a sub-dural hematoma as well....

I now suffer FROM DAILY bouts of vomiting and severe headpain...and I really beleive that due to the problems I faced years ago, no other N/S wants to TOUCH ME.....

I hope to be an asset to this group.:angel:
Working...
X