No announcement yet.

Where are all the aching ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, my back has been aching too. My gate is all thrown off. And the pain from the knees, arthritis and so on isn't good for the fibro. I got a name of a good Ortho surgeon, but who really wants to go through all that pain again....
    I'll have to sometime soon.
    Thanks all for your replies.
    I haven't quite got the hang of how the posting works. ....

Comment

Welcome back Coyote. Yep, sounds like you are in mega pain. If you read much here then you know that all of us grumble and gripe, but as far as I know there is no majic pill. You know like the little " Purple Pill "

Drs. are no help when it comes to Fibro. I see you are a caregiver for your Dad. If it involves lifting or bending or most anything, then you need to have a helper.

Would he be elgiable for a NH that has Assited Living? When I first came to BT nearly 14 yrs. ago I was trying to learn how to care for an Alzheimer's patient. My mother-in-law. Over the years I've discovered many of my problems. I already had many, but just thought it was because I never got any rest. NH came later, but I found it was just as taxing as having the person at home. It was a long 14 yrs., but I got so much support from people from many other forums.

Anyway, glad you're back and hope you can stay. Take care of yourself first! You can't do justice for anyone unless you are well. You have Fibro, you are no where near well.

For that I am so sorry. I hope you can at least find some encouragment.

take care, Jo
      Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
      'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

don't be getting the flu!

I have lived with arthritis & fibro for so many years it's just a part of daily life.

then got the flu! talk about pain!

I'm also a caregiver for my housemate. he would deny this of course but it's been obvious to me for sometime now that he cannot function without me around to do everything. he cannot be trusted to cook cause he leaves the burners on. it's just getting worse. I know I can't do this much longer & being sick has made me more aware than ever of just how much he depends on me. I'm sure grateful he can drive since I don't.

I can't even recall which forum I'm on so will stop now.

Comment

Honey, you are on that forum where everything you have hurts. Even your hair and toenails hurt on the worst days. I'm so sorry Pati. I know you have added burdens and it
          s hard to do for anybody, can hardly do for your self.

Of course it's raining and looks like rain on thru the week-end. I didn't even get in bed last night. No sleep to be hard when it hurts your head to just touch the pillow.

I do pray all will get some relief soon because I love all of you and I feel your pain. ((((((gentle hugs)))))) Jo
          Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Comment

Well, still here

Hello friends. Well, I see you all are still in much pain, me included. It has not been a good 2 months, I don't know WHY the Fibro is taking it's toll on all of us, but seems to me it is hanging on way too long with out giving any of us a break.

I have started having the migraine's from hell too. I don't know how long it has been since they seemed to go hand and hand, but that is the drill these days.

Suse, what was it the DR. said about the hot compresses to the head? What can it cause? We all need to know every thing we can find out about how to treat these things. btw, good to see you((Suse))

For the new ones, welcome, but sorry you are suffering so. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. It does appear that the Fibro suffer's are getting younger and younger. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and older? lollol

I hope all will feel better soon. my love to all, Jo

for my brother Ben

Comment

Jo, it's soooooo good to see a post from you! hope you get better soon as we all miss you so much!

since I moan & groan so much I'm gonna say that today I feel better & actually went shopping & out for lunch. it's still cold & very wet but nothing I can do about that!

even my cough is improving-finally!

better days are ahead I just know it!

Comment

OK, who has had triggerpoint shots from the rheumy? I just had my first set of 4 today to the trapezius area & now my upper back is hurting like hell! I think she said it was "Depo" like I should know what that is. Intitially there was some relief, but that was probably from the freeze spray. It's been 7-8 hours & I don't know when I should expect some improvement. Argh.

PS No racer-back elastic sports bras for me in the foreseeable future. Ouches in the wrong places.
                Last edited by Beader; 05-04-2012, 05:38 PM.
                Sher
                My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Comment

i am still here and don't knock the tube, since i am down with feet, it is all i got, lol.

Comment

sure not gonna write about those "better days ahead". I blame the weather. griping won't help either. hopefully things won't get worse is my motto right now.

Comment

Pati, how I wish I could pack up a huge bag of heat up your way. Everyday we have lightening and thunderstorms and I do mean everyday. Not much rain with it here, but it's really odd how it storms like crazy and and balls of fire, you can see them if you dare look out a window.

So, Sher, I think I've had about everything else except the trigger point things. I should know what "Depo"is, I've seen it on my chart a bunch of times. Must not have helped, I'm still in mega pain.

No excuse, just grumbling. As dear friend Pati says, things could always be worse so be thankful. Well, I'm thankful.

yesterday I saw a poor man, he was almost bent double and his legs were just wobbling. my Scoliosis is worse, which makes the Osteoporosa (?) worse. I'm bent, but not even near this man.

I think that is why the siatica has been flaring so much lately. Dr. ex-rayed to see if I had a fractured bone because of all that. He tried to straghten out my shoulder and my shoulder does not go that way anymore! He sent me off to ex-ray and sent my scripts by the nurse. He had put me back on another pain med. that I had been doing better without. Will by the time I got home I guess I had a bunch of fractures!! POOH on Dr.s

I love you all and hope all are feeling better. sher, the the trigger point thingy help? I hope so.

((((hugs & prayers)))))) Jo

for my brother Ben

Comment

Working...
                      X