Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the aching ?

Distinguished Community Member Beader's Avatar

Welcome back, Coyote! Sorry to hear about all your joint & back problems on top of the Fibro. It's amazing that you can continue to work at all. And then to have to care for an elderly parent -- how do you do it?!

I agree that average folks have no idea how much pain we're in, & plenty of docs don't either. At least DR Oz had a recent segment on Fibro which shows areas of the brain lit up blue by pain, areas which are not on fire in Normals. I saw this link on another site & went to check it out. I don't watch doctor shows, but for folks who do, maybe it will heighten their awareness that our illness is REAL & it HURTS LIKE CRAZY!

Hope you come back more often to join the old crowd. Lots of support here.
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Distinguished Community Member

yes,welcome back Coyote! what's the game plan for the elderly relative? surely you cannot lift this person? and you might want to join in the caregiver support forum. everyone will tell you that your own health is at risk taking care of something else!

I don't like Dr. Oz. he's too healthy for me-ha ha.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

Hey all. Yes I am still here and hurting.

Welcome back Coyote, good to have you here again.

I too had knee surgery and it has never been the same. Course when you begin to favor that the whole rest of your body gets thrown out of whack. Especially the back. Arthritis in mine and my knees, ankles and feet. A bit of other places. Unfortunately that keeps me limping and mincing around. So walking for me is done in short bursts. I almost added quick to the front of that but then I though 'there is nothing quick about it' lol.

I have no idea how you can do the caretaking. I am at a point where I need help around the house so there would be no caretaking for me lol. Well I do have an 11 yr old and a pooch but I have help for them too
    . I tell ya if it weren't for my pooch during the day I'd prolly sit around and watch the tube all day. :o

New Community Member

Thanks for your reply. It's a relief to see one. I have all that stuff, too. It's no fun. I guess I just keep going during the day and sleep when I get home from work @ 3:30 in the afternoon. Summer is coming, I just keep thinking of that. I'll get a break then.

New Community Member

My dad is in-between needing to be in a home and being here at home. Right now there are many home care people coming during the day from the hospital home care program. I will need to find more resources after that. It's amazing that the rehab had NO list of agencies or people who do in-home care. I've been getting ideas from talking to just about everyone I know. It is tough taking care of another person. I don't feel adequate at doing it because I'm so tired. I haven't watched Oz for a long time either. He talks too much about losing weight!!!

New Community Member

Yes, my back has been aching too. My gate is all thrown off. And the pain from the knees, arthritis and so on isn't good for the fibro. I got a name of a good Ortho surgeon, but who really wants to go through all that pain again....
    I'll have to sometime soon.
    Thanks all for your replies.
    I haven't quite got the hang of how the posting works. ....

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Welcome back Coyote. Yep, sounds like you are in mega pain. If you read much here then you know that all of us grumble and gripe, but as far as I know there is no majic pill. You know like the little " Purple Pill "

Drs. are no help when it comes to Fibro. I see you are a caregiver for your Dad. If it involves lifting or bending or most anything, then you need to have a helper.

Would he be elgiable for a NH that has Assited Living? When I first came to BT nearly 14 yrs. ago I was trying to learn how to care for an Alzheimer's patient. My mother-in-law. Over the years I've discovered many of my problems. I already had many, but just thought it was because I never got any rest. NH came later, but I found it was just as taxing as having the person at home. It was a long 14 yrs., but I got so much support from people from many other forums.

Anyway, glad you're back and hope you can stay. Take care of yourself first! You can't do justice for anyone unless you are well. You have Fibro, you are no where near well.

For that I am so sorry. I hope you can at least find some encouragment.

take care, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Distinguished Community Member

don't be getting the flu!

I have lived with arthritis & fibro for so many years it's just a part of daily life.

then got the flu! talk about pain!

I'm also a caregiver for my housemate. he would deny this of course but it's been obvious to me for sometime now that he cannot function without me around to do everything. he cannot be trusted to cook cause he leaves the burners on. it's just getting worse. I know I can't do this much longer & being sick has made me more aware than ever of just how much he depends on me. I'm sure grateful he can drive since I don't.

I can't even recall which forum I'm on so will stop now.

Honey, you are on that forum where everything you have hurts. Even your hair and toenails hurt on the worst days. I'm so sorry Pati. I know you have added burdens and it
    s hard to do for anybody, can hardly do for your self.

Of course it's raining and looks like rain on thru the week-end. I didn't even get in bed last night. No sleep to be hard when it hurts your head to just touch the pillow.

I do pray all will get some relief soon because I love all of you and I feel your pain. ((((((gentle hugs)))))) Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Default Well, still here

Hello friends. Well, I see you all are still in much pain, me included. It has not been a good 2 months, I don't know WHY the Fibro is taking it's toll on all of us, but seems to me it is hanging on way too long with out giving any of us a break.

I have started having the migraine's from hell too. I don't know how long it has been since they seemed to go hand and hand, but that is the drill these days.

Suse, what was it the DR. said about the hot compresses to the head? What can it cause? We all need to know every thing we can find out about how to treat these things. btw, good to see you((Suse))

For the new ones, welcome, but sorry you are suffering so. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. It does appear that the Fibro suffer's are getting younger and younger. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and older? lollol

I hope all will feel better soon. my love to all, Jo

for my brother Ben

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast