No announcement yet.

Where are all the aching ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pati, did you figure out how to get the "reply to Thread" box to drop down? I know one thing, I love the way it has the "restore auto post" or some such thingy. I've recovered many post I thought I had lost forever.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Pati do you have menieres disease? I do and I have a constant sound in my left ear. It changes at times but one thing for sure, it is CONSTANT. I sleep with tyv on to help distract the sound. I also have a different sound in my right ear but at least it is not constant. Sometimes I will have this weird sensation where the nerve or something crosses top of my head from one sie to the other. Oh well, for someone who has two if not three damaged crainial nerves, I do very well.

But I gotta tell you, I try my best to not remark to hubby about that sound. Why because I will start and not stop mentioning it and that gets old to him. But it sure gets old to me having it as well.

And occasionall I do get very dizzy with mine, that is the part of menieres I hate as I get very helpless when I get the vertigo. Yep I hate a radio in a vehicle and if you just have to have it on, (like if it is your car and I am trapped) don't expect me to talk because that is just one more noise too many on top of what already is driving me nuts!!! and I guarentee you I have not much patience for even listening to what anyone else is saying but do my best to try AND ACT LIKE i AM NOT AN OLD GROUCH.
      Last edited by joy; 12-21-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

hope not! think just tinnitus?

Joy, it's in my left ear also. now I'm the kind of person that has always enjoyed peace & quiet. those days are over. I keep the TV on all the time now so I don't notice the ringing so much. maybe it's a curse from the wasps I've been killing for months? had one get in my right ear & then another one try for it a few weeks ago!! unreal. HM said maybe they go for my shiny earrings but I think I'm just doomed to be a target for wasp-he's never been stung afterall.

Jo, found out my sister had cataract surgery,wonder if my folk's paid for it? seems everyone has cataracts these days! wonder why?

and I agree with you Jo,fibro seems to be the trash can diagnosis for everything they are puzzled about. I actually self diagnosed myself after taking a quiz & figuring out I have all the "trigger points" and then some. it's just another excuse to pass out pills I believe. and yet I don't know one person helped by the pills!

Comment

i have always had earaches. I remember many nighhts, especially the ccold ones because we would all be around the wood stove trying to get something, anything to stop my earachs I had. Of ccourse I did not go to dentist back in those days either so by the time I was older in years past teenage, I started havibng my teeth pulled. Weird as I can remember always asking which was cheaper, to have a bad tooth filled or pulled. The dentist always said pulled so I woud go for the cheapest and have it pulled! Looking back I wish I had asked if he would take part payment or something so I could have saved some of my jaw teeth especially. Remarkable I do have all my front teeth, not that I am so proud of them as they are dull. doctor gave me prescription for the episodes of menieres vertigo and for nausea prescription of Promethazine. So that with Mecclzine and I can be a little bit easier sometimes.

I hope you don't have many earaches Pati cause those alone can cause disturbances in your balance I think. Best to just not do anything that requires you to be upright and working much when you get an earache and maybe avoid any body spills and injury.

That alone is maddening enough, sounds arrgh!
          Last edited by joy; 12-24-2011, 01:35 AM.

Comment

only had one ear ache in my life-I was in my 40's. but do recall the pain from having mumps in both sides as a child. think might be one of my meds that has caused this,which one is the puzzle?

now today is a BAD fibro flare day for me. is it the rain? been doing far too much housework lately of course. holidays are not for the old unhealthy women & that's a fact!

Comment

what meds are you on? it might be the answer at that.

Comment

I take a baby aspirin every day. also Lisinopril & Metforim. I need to do some research eh? and I'm only taking half of what I'm prescribed. always with a meal & some OJ.

you know how strange symptoms can be overlooked? I've had so many weird things happen over the past 10+ yrs I think I just ignore some issues cause it's like "what next!!! I don't like to complain. but it has occurred to me I might need to come back to this thread someday to recall just what else has happened to me. I gave up on keeping a journal since it's difficult to write anymore.

I will be seeing my worthless doc this spring to get my scripts renewed so must try to figure out if one is the culprit. I suspect the Metforim since have been on the BP meds for many years. when I say my doc is worthless I'm not kidding one bit. I could write a book on his stupid comments.in reality he knows nothing about me & could care less. once I gave up my insurance everything changed dramatically. no surprise eh?

Comment

Can you look therm up on computer to see what side effects they have? I don't always do that but know that when I looked for warfrin, I wanted to get off it already. I am hoping I can stop that and just take baby asprin myself. Then I won't have to worry about what I eat or whta else I take med, I mean. Or bleeding too much if my stomach or throat gets a sore spot like I have had before.

Comment

Gal's, I hate to tell US, but we are getting old! Little by little I am losing everything. I think I may have what you 2 are talking about. the dizzing spells I have etc. I take so much meds now I am scared to take the meds. for the COPD. It says not to take if you have------, then it names all the issue's I have and then some. that's why I said earlier that I don't think my Pulmonary Dr. took into consideration as to all the meds I already take.

I started back on the Prednisone yesterday because I have been having such a hard time breathing. If I go wacky call Ken and tell him to hide the Prednisone!! Fibro is screaming bloody murder today, has been for days. Damp, rainy cold, weather to hurt by.

I hope all are feeling better today. Joy I hope your BT problems have gone away for now.

I love all of you aching ladies and feel for you, Jo
                    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Hi

Hello, I'm coming back after a long time away. I am managing to work full time with fibro, but with more difficulty all the time. I also have physical problems like a collapsed disc in my lower back, three fused vertebrae in my neck, I get severe tendonitis in the elbow and shoulder, bursitis in my hips, and I have a pretty bad knee that is hurting me all the time. I had surgery on it a year and a half ago that didn't go as well as it should have. Now the Ortho says I need a knee transplant, but I dread more pain. The knee and back pain particularly keep the firbro flares going. It's been difficult lately because I'm the only caretaker of an elderly parent who has just come home from the hospital and rehab because he fell. He needs even more care than he did before. Nursing home is not in the picture right now. I'm also very frustrated with doctors and people in general who have no idea how difficult this "disease" is. Sometimes it just goes in one ear and out the other.
                      Last edited by coyote13; 03-18-2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Welcome back, Coyote! Sorry to hear about all your joint & back problems on top of the Fibro. It's amazing that you can continue to work at all. And then to have to care for an elderly parent -- how do you do it?!

I agree that average folks have no idea how much pain we're in, & plenty of docs don't either. At least DR Oz had a recent segment on Fibro which shows areas of the brain lit up blue by pain, areas which are not on fire in Normals. I saw this link on another site & went to check it out. I don't watch doctor shows, but for folks who do, maybe it will heighten their awareness that our illness is REAL & it HURTS LIKE CRAZY!

Hope you come back more often to join the old crowd. Lots of support here.
                        Sher
                        My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Comment

yes,welcome back Coyote! what's the game plan for the elderly relative? surely you cannot lift this person? and you might want to join in the caregiver support forum. everyone will tell you that your own health is at risk taking care of something else!

I don't like Dr. Oz. he's too healthy for me-ha ha.

Comment

Hey all. Yes I am still here and hurting.

Welcome back Coyote, good to have you here again.

I too had knee surgery and it has never been the same. Course when you begin to favor that the whole rest of your body gets thrown out of whack. Especially the back. Arthritis in mine and my knees, ankles and feet. A bit of other places. Unfortunately that keeps me limping and mincing around. So walking for me is done in short bursts. I almost added quick to the front of that but then I though 'there is nothing quick about it' lol.

I have no idea how you can do the caretaking. I am at a point where I need help around the house so there would be no caretaking for me lol. Well I do have an 11 yr old and a pooch but I have help for them too
                            . I tell ya if it weren't for my pooch during the day I'd prolly sit around and watch the tube all day. :o

Comment

Thanks for your reply. It's a relief to see one. I have all that stuff, too. It's no fun. I guess I just keep going during the day and sleep when I get home from work @ 3:30 in the afternoon. Summer is coming, I just keep thinking of that. I'll get a break then.

Comment

My dad is in-between needing to be in a home and being here at home. Right now there are many home care people coming during the day from the hospital home care program. I will need to find more resources after that. It's amazing that the rehab had NO list of agencies or people who do in-home care. I've been getting ideas from talking to just about everyone I know. It is tough taking care of another person. I don't feel adequate at doing it because I'm so tired. I haven't watched Oz for a long time either. He talks too much about losing weight!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X