Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the aching ?

Distinguished Community Member

Default we can't change the weather,too bad!

Barque,I also cut my meds dosage. and I'd never get out of bed if I took all the flexeril prescribed to me!

since I cannot control the weather I feel doomed to pain for the next 6 months. cold & damp here is awful. now I understand why old people go south for the winter.

it amazes me all the drugs given to help with pain-yet people are still in pain! now I love having a dishwasher & am grateful,however some days I want to throw it out since it hurts just to load/unload the stupid thing. who designs this stuff anyways?

you'd think with so many baby boomer's someone would be designing for arthritis? now I realize if you can afford it there are W/D off the ground,and dishwasher's with drawers. I cannot afford these thing of course. then I recall the old wringer washer & clothesline my grandma used & she made it into her 80's. was she in constant pain?

we need to count our blessings,and try our best to keep a sense of humor. any ideas how we do that?

and what the heck is this thing for?

well Pati and everyone I am finding if you find one doctor willing to give you anything for pain, you do find triple that are going to make you feel bad for taking it, warn you of the dangers etc. aargh...That sleep doctor ven when i went for My second, only as far as he knew my first one, I passed with almost flying colors yet all e harped on was the fact that I took something for anxiety to get to sleep in a strange place. Boy now with two blood clots and shortness of breath to go with it, he REALLY laid it on big time. Pain meds, muscle relaors and anxiety made me feel like I was signing my own death citerficate just by swallowing them. YET, huum I can wait until next month to try and see if a cpcp will help. Yep you are sorta bad but go o home and wait cause we dont have appointment open for you. LOL.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Well, I see that on Dec. 6th I am grumbling about the pain I am in. Today is the 10th of Dec. and I am still in mega pain. Joy, I hear you about the meds. and the Drs. and how they want you to take only what THEY give you.

Pato, I too have a hard time loading and unloading dishwahser. Yes, it surely was someone that never had a pain in their life that designed the dishwasher. Yes, I am grateful to have it, can't stand and wash dishes either.

No amount of meds. will help Fibro. at least none that I know of. So, what options are there to stay on the table? I sound like a broken record, driving everybody nuts with the scratching and screaching over 3 words. I also sound like our Congress saying everyday, no they haven't solved anything that is needed for anyone at this point , but all options are still on the table!!

So, I creep on thru the house, ignore K as much as possible, groan and cry and that one we need to take off the table. It just makes my throat sore and my nose sore and gives me a gosh awful headache.

Tootsie had the only help I've ever had help me, water therapy. So I went to the Dr. that will prescribe this Tue. the nurse sneaks up behind me, starts wispering in my ear about something I can't understand and hands me my scripts and said I'll see ya next week. I was still in the waiting room. I had driven an hour to get there. I was grateful to have my meds and get on my way cause I was in such pain. Now all of that was very strange to me, but just like a sheep going along with the herd, I got meds at their Drugstore and left!! Still no questions answered, still don't know if the ex-rays showed a fractured bone in my back from Scoliosis pressing on bent bones from osteo-porosis. Now thats what I call a Dr. that cares about his patients??????? Guess I'll join the YMCA and do my own therapy!! about the bone fracture? If I didn't have one then I probably have one now after that fall I had last Sat. I hurt BAD right around where the Dr. tried to make my shoulder stay upright when that is not the way of my shoulder is anymore!!

I hope somebody will leave some instructions as to "body, heal thyn own self!!

Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

water therapy was always so good for me. But it seemed even in summer I would freeze myself to death after getting out of the water. There was always so air moving and it made my muscled stop and freeze and not want to move at all. I love ed it when we went to lake in summer. the hotter it was outside the better i liked the water, LOL. Jo i hope you stop hurting so bad. if I take enough meds and just don't move (which I seldom do anymore) I don't feel so bad.

Speaking of dishwashers, the man who built our house has the dishwasher right up against the cabinets on the left side!! now talk about having to have your body in contortions to put in dishes and take out. I ever could do these thigs, diswasher, make beds or vacu, with bad back. and not stand upright at all for any length with a bad hip. now that kids are gone, hubby and i fend well enough. meaning we eat just the silliest of things at time as I don't cook. we don't strarve tho. If I should be the last one left, I wll likly live on oatmean and breakfast waffles etc. as I just about do now.

our Sunday paper had an article about fibro. basically nothing new. didn't mention water therapy. we all know it was helpful for Tootsie. I'd love to have a hot tub to soak in,but wonder how anyone with fibro gets in/out of those things? as for a pool,well first of all I cannot swim so not an option.

I hurt all over right now so glad to share in the moaning/groaning thread. we seem to be stuck don't we? I'm scared my hip won't last until I'm 65 & can get on medicare. can't avoid stairs altogether of course so just PRAY I can hang on a few more years! no idea if it's arthritis or what,does it matter? it hurts!

as for the fibro? well lately that's decided to attack my shoulder/neck area. honestly I cannot think of many places on my body it hasn't affected me.

we're all falling apart!

Jo,I wrote on another thread what I think about your fall,then just now read where you'd been to your doc & the nurse gave you more pills! can't they do anything but push pills? I bet you have some nice bruises too?

Joy,when my housemate goes hunting I don't cook,thus the dishwasher doesn't need to be loaded except about once week. and how about ovens? even with self cleaning ya still gotta get the racks out & wipe off the gunk! well last time HM got to do that. if I get on my knees I cannot get up without help. this house is getting disgusting with dirt.

someone mentioned the "golden years" ha,what a joke! it's soooooo not fun getting old & falling apart! my son's are in their 40's,I try to warn them what's ahead. in my 40's I was in the best shape of my life!

well not sure it helps to rant,just felt like doing it!

Well thank you for ranting and raving, Pati. Now I don't feel so bad with all the grumbling I do. I went to bed last night worried that I was just discouraging everybody with my grumbling. This morning I don't feel so bad grumbling cause I hurt from head to toe.

Pati, I think the reason I had such a time when I fell was the fact that my knee's had already taken on some wierd hurtings and sometimes when I tried to stand up my knees would kind of lock. Just guessing, but I think I have arthritis in both knee's already. We know more about what is wrong with us than the Drs. do and I wish they would try helping us instead of pushing more pills at us everytime we go. If I took all the meds. that all my Drs. have given me in the past few months I honestly think I would die, or end up like a veggie! I am AFRAID to take all of them, so I don't take them.

As for the "golden years" I guess we could call it that, but if you mean it's "the grand life", well thats a bunch of crap!! I guess we need to avoid the things we Know isn't safe, but sometimes that is not possible. Yes, I think my 40 years were the best of my life. 10 yrs. sure passed in a hurry so I guess we were having a lot of fun! lol lol

Joy, with just the 2 of us here we also eat a little strange. Sometimes we don't eat at all. If we are still up at 3:00 in the a.m. sometimes we go ahead and eat breakfast. Ken forces me to eat breakfast because he is positive that was what put me in hospital for 10 days. Taking a hand full of morning meds. and not eating. Who knows, maybe he is right, but I can not go eating every hour or 2.

About Fibro, Pati you don't have to swim if you are in a pool. I stay in the shallow end. not over waist deep. I will venture a little further only if I have something to hang on to. There are a lot of exercises you can do in not too much water. That is the Only therapy that has helped me!! The Drs. look at you like you are from Pluto or something if you ask about him giving you a script for Aquatic Therapy. Actually, I am afraid of the water over waist deep!!

Yes, we are falling apart. I know I am. I am 69 and working on 70. I can not believe that!! Tis true.:"

Pati, have you considered going on Social Security at 62? Ken did some figuring and he decided he wouldn't lose anything to retire at 62. Maybe a few pennies or so, but it wasn't worth waiting for. When he started drawing, they let me start too. I didn't get anything when I was 65 because they said I lacked 1 quater. None of it made any sense to me. I sure paid out even when I owned my own business. I never did understand how they managed to come up with what they had.

I got a notice in the mail yesterday telling me about the "raise" I was getting. Then they told me how much Medicare would take out! $$99.90---- wonder why they didn't just take that last .10 ????????

I don't know what else I said, but it must not have been anything of note. I hurt, Jo
    Last edited by Jo6; 12-20-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Double post
    Last edited by Jo6; 12-20-2011 at 09:43 AM. Reason: double post

for my brother Ben

ah ha now I will remember what I meant to say before about that hot tub. yep i have one. I bought it with the money I got from Lowes when that guy dropped a box 10 feet on my shoulder/back/arm and partially tore my right rotator cuff. So i got a hot tub because it was always water therapy that ever did me any good. Jo is right, just getting in water and moving is good for you. any kind of movement. back when younger and also when i drove, i went to water exercises that a lady led us in. if you were afraid of water you did not have to get in over your head at all.

my mother was alwatys afraid of water, shed laugh (scared laugh) and say her feet were trying to go over her head. true enough, i was the same way. and having that child drow in our lake did not help in any way. every article i read or hear about on tv of grown men drowning would just reinforce my fear of water.

well i finally took a class led by a young woman. determined to concer my FEAR i made myself do it. the last class i had to jump into the swimming pool, fully clothes in jeans and long sleeves, and tennis shoes. and take off jeans tie a knot in ends of legs and flop them to catch air so i could stay afloat with the air from jeans. i did the best i could but i did not drown was the point.

i have always had weak arms tho and so even tho i was taught how to swim, i simply cannot do it but perhps for a few strokes and that is all. but i did learn that if i would NOT panic, i could float. yay. now about that hot tub. i am so afraid as it has several steps up into the dratted thing. i was always use to walking down into one at the place where i went swimming. but up steps, i am afraid and almost fall from fear. truth is in first grade there were enormous steps and i had an accident where a boy ran to me and stabbed me in the eye with a pencil. and by the time i was in high school, i was havuing difficulty climbing the steps at high school. long story but it turns out i do hold my breath at stairs. stupid i know but geeze other than that i am fairly normal (my opinion only). so unless hubby will go with me ot hoyt tub, i don';t go. meaning i don;t go drat it a waste of money and great advantages of helping my health. wish i could have afforded to have buried it.

oh yes, the dratted steps floor etc is slicker than oil or insert any ugly thought about greasy slick things you can think of and i have no desire to break a hip like mother did at my age.

dear jo I hope you stop aching so bad soon. and pati I hope you are feeling ok, seems like i don;t see as many posts from you as usual or who knows i am so out of things myself and NO gifts bought yet!!!
    Last edited by joy; 12-20-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Default seems everyone has fibro eh?

well everyone I know anyways.

you're right Joy,I haven't been posting much. can't count the times I've written a long reply only to have it not post......how often do I keep it under 10 characters??

this has nothing to do with fibro but I'm also afraid of falling. I've had this darn ringing in my ears for a long time now & finally figured out it also makes me feel wobbly. drives me nuts! I cannot stand to watch TV that shows people on cliffs,etc. actually gives me vertigo! weird eh?

not even sure this is the right thread....Jo, I am getting my SS,just not old enough for medicare yet.

no wonder old people move to Florida,have a one story place with NO steps,lots of warm sunny weather. bet we'd all feel much better!

I was 65 when I applied for SS so I didn't think of that being an issue. My brain is smoochie a lot these days. Ken will turn 65 in Jan. He will be elgible for Medicare. I forgot he was paying thru the nose for insurance thru his work. He never got sick or anything so it just never came up. I did wonder why he had to pay for his eye surgery, out of pocket.

Seems the Dr. said he wasn't blind yet, that he could wait, but he couldn't see how to do his work like seeing little bitty transiters and such and part#'s. He did really need to go ahead and get it done. He seems to be doing well now that the worst of it is over. $8,000.00 or more, can't remember now. I guess he felt guilty spending that much money and that is why he "promised" me again to buy me that new car after Christmas. I won't hold my breath.

Sometimes I think Fibro is a "catch all phrase" for Drs. too lazy to really check you out. Don't get me wrong, Fibro is alive and hurting many people. You can tell which pain is from a host of things and the longer you have it the more you hurt. I'm not making a lick of sense, now am I!

When I flare, I KNOW what has kicked in big time!! Like tonight. It's been raining all day. Was going shopping a little while, but wasn't able to even get a shower. So don;t feel alone Joy, old granny here don't have many presents either. Not much desire to go shopping. It takes me days to get over just a few hours shopping.

Pati, hope you and joy feel better too. love ya, Jo

for my brother Ben

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast