No announcement yet.

Where are all the aching ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For something that Drs. talking so little about it sure does us great stress and of course, pain. Thanks Pati, next time I go to get Kens drops I will pick some up.

It does sound a lot like Bio-Freeze. That burns the heck out of your eyes and even after washing hands good it still has to wear off. I need some more, but it had become such a pain to use I can't remember to tell Beth to send me some. It will be easier to get the Capsaicion from the drug store. Glad you mentioned the burning though. It could possibly cause some reaction to Kens eyes until his eyes are completly healed. He has both done now and will still be using the drops until after Thanksgiving. He's doing well except for being so very grumpy!! nothing new there though. He is still using the plastic eye cover at night. I hunted up a sleep mask and that has helped a lot. The tape was making his face raw. The mask keeps them in place better anyway.

Christina, Beth is so adamant (sp) about using ice instead of heat. I will hardly mention it to her. Be careful though, you can get ice-burns!! She had me using ice packs on my lower back at a time I was bedridden and couldn't stand for anybody to even speak in the room it hurt so bad. When I could finally get up and try to walk I noticed a strange feeling on my behind. After looking more closely I had iced off at least a layer of skin!! After awhile it gets so cold you don't feel anything. lol lol

Yes, old injuries do come back to haunt us in later years no matter what a Dr. says!! I have been a flare for at least 2 months now. I tried to talk to Dr. about it, but of course he thought I wanted stronger meds. I TOLD him I didn't want a decrease, just wanted to know if I could cut one in half. Where he got his reasoning is beyond me. After exrays to see if I had caused a fracture where Osteoporosis was so bad, caused by Scoliosis which WAS worse he increased my meds.!!

None of that makes any sense to me and I am still pissed to high heaven! I just continued to do what I had been doing. I can't make the pain go away, ever! I want to take as little as possible especially if it doesn't help whats hurting the most at the time. I think the rub may help whats hurting worse right now. I may just make a special trip to get some. It's bad today.

Yes Barque, the weather and barometer all factor in the aches and pains. This is a bad time of the year for me.

I wish for all of you as painfree a day as possible. my love, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

I am VERY sensitive to any kind of med. I know they don't like you cutting pills in half but if I don't I won't take any at all.

I've had way too many BAD experiences where I took something that nearly killed me. I am very cautious with myself, no one else is.

Doctors give you the dose for an average male adult. I am no where near that big. I'm tiny. I don't NEED all that dosage, just think about it. I know the higher the dosage of my bp med the worse the nausea and stomach cramps so I break it up over the day. I took a whole tablet the first time and fainted dead away for at least a half hour, maybe longer. I went to the mat with my NP about this and she agreed as long as I got enough in me over the day to bring my bp down to an acceptable level she saw no problem with that. LISTEN to your body. My dosage is half of what I was originally prescribed. Some days even that feels like too much. These drugs are very powerful. No one monitors me but me. Try getting ahold of your doctor in a crisis. HA!, good luck! AND a good 5 hour wait in the ER. I tried that ONCE.

We do have "Prompt Care" which is a little better but not much. Usually an hour wait.

Comment

((((Barque)))) you are right about having to monitor ourselves especially with our meds. I have a box full of something the Lung Dr. wanted me to add to my daily doses of albuterol I use with the Nebulizer. I read the instruction at least 3 times and after I finished the last time I decided I would not use it until I had a long talk to the Dr.

Everything that is wrong with me, the meds. say not to take it. I don't understand how they feel they can decide to give you all sorts of things and not even know much about your history. I get so weary with it all, then I get to the point I can't breath and I will start the Albuterol again. I have to monetor my BP closely or it will go sky high.

I hope you will feel better soon, Barque. It's a real " bioich" getting old and also having to take so much med. I know many of you are quiet young, but I'm older than dirt and it never gets better. It only gets worse. Use your imagination with the "bioich". Cursing is not allowed. lol

take care all, Jo s
        Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Comment

curse curse curse curse!!!! Now, that didn't help. Maybe if I cry hard enough ????nah, tried that too. Guess I will suffer in silence.

I am so depressed today. It seems to get worse every day. Do I take this, or do I take that? nothing helps. No rest for the wicked, nor for the weary either.!! I'm walling in self pity today.

GET A GRIP!!!!!!

for my brother Ben

Comment

I hear you Jo i am not so very far behing you at all. Just got a call about that dratted blood thinner. I once was on so many inhalers and with each one saying wait 20 minutes etc before doing anythiung, it took forever to make it through them all. And it did NOT seem to help. I finally quit my job anmd stayed at home and monitored the cig etc and smoke, did not mow yard etc. Allowed samoking in garage until it still caught up to me in house with kids running in and out. So when i said your are welcome to still come to MY house Christmas eve (I was the only one who was willing), but no smoking, well that is when the husbands side quit having get to gethers. No ONE time the daughter, grown I might add with kids of her own, had it. Well when it was HER house and her kids toys etc getting demolished, she never did it again. so that was the last one. She had to be shamed to even do that one. I had walked into my own den so many times with just her and her own kids jumping on MY couch and then shd'd say stp it kid. But look so resentful, like well what am I to do with them now.

Wow just say bah humbug ND ADMIT i FEEL RELLY BAD TO RIGHT ALONG WITH YOU jO. i HOPE THINGS START LOOKING UP FOR EVERYONE, US INCLUDED. oops sorry about the caps, i don't ever look up it seems. I have at least 3 appointments made for January with no telling how many lab tests thrown in to boot, according to what blood work shows. And yet, I am very thankful I am as healthy as I am. No know really big killers, my blood pressure is high true enough but so many have that as well so what and pn is still progrewsive but again still I am better off than many.

I just wish feeling emotionally were a tad better without having to resort to a puill bottle to get it orwell you know well enouhg. taske care all.

and for all the money Lowes' paid, in 2002, my am shoulder kills me. and i thought what they paid was probably okay i just never thought about the pain never going away. stupid me, it could have been twice what I got and not anything at all to cover pain. money can do just so much and not anything for pain it seems. buy creams etc and stuff to make you hopeful but fix it, nope.

I wish my sleep doctor had heard what I told the new lung doctor. I admitted that once my Trigeminal neuralgia quit and once i stopped having so many dizzy spells with the menieres, life was better. I hate the moise in ear but eeh . Anyway the lung doctor wants to hound upon all the meds I take that lower my oxygen. I won't repeat what I told that doctor but I just told the wrong doctor. For some reason, I really don't like talking to this particular doctor. and even having 2 blood clots, this doctor wanted to make it seem like it was MY fault for not having oxygen. ha He did the same thing in 07 when it showed i did NOT need a c-pap as well. so that is why I kinda don't like tlking to him. no leeway for anything. and he doesn't even know all the resons I take the meds nor does he care, just one thing. uugh. Jo Baraque we have to hang tough together. as I wimper away and I am not usually one to admit when I am getting down as once I admit, well it usually keeps tumbling on down.
            Last edited by joy; 12-06-2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

we can't change the weather,too bad!

Barque,I also cut my meds dosage. and I'd never get out of bed if I took all the flexeril prescribed to me!

since I cannot control the weather I feel doomed to pain for the next 6 months. cold & damp here is awful. now I understand why old people go south for the winter.

it amazes me all the drugs given to help with pain-yet people are still in pain! now I love having a dishwasher & am grateful,however some days I want to throw it out since it hurts just to load/unload the stupid thing. who designs this stuff anyways?

you'd think with so many baby boomer's someone would be designing for arthritis? now I realize if you can afford it there are W/D off the ground,and dishwasher's with drawers. I cannot afford these thing of course. then I recall the old wringer washer & clothesline my grandma used & she made it into her 80's. was she in constant pain?

we need to count our blessings,and try our best to keep a sense of humor. any ideas how we do that?

and what the heck is this thing for?

Comment

well Pati and everyone I am finding if you find one doctor willing to give you anything for pain, you do find triple that are going to make you feel bad for taking it, warn you of the dangers etc. aargh...That sleep doctor ven when i went for My second, only as far as he knew my first one, I passed with almost flying colors yet all e harped on was the fact that I took something for anxiety to get to sleep in a strange place. Boy now with two blood clots and shortness of breath to go with it, he REALLY laid it on big time. Pain meds, muscle relaors and anxiety made me feel like I was signing my own death citerficate just by swallowing them. YET, huum I can wait until next month to try and see if a cpcp will help. Yep you are sorta bad but go o home and wait cause we dont have appointment open for you. LOL.

Comment

Well, I see that on Dec. 6th I am grumbling about the pain I am in. Today is the 10th of Dec. and I am still in mega pain. Joy, I hear you about the meds. and the Drs. and how they want you to take only what THEY give you.

Pato, I too have a hard time loading and unloading dishwahser. Yes, it surely was someone that never had a pain in their life that designed the dishwasher. Yes, I am grateful to have it, can't stand and wash dishes either.

No amount of meds. will help Fibro. at least none that I know of. So, what options are there to stay on the table? I sound like a broken record, driving everybody nuts with the scratching and screaching over 3 words. I also sound like our Congress saying everyday, no they haven't solved anything that is needed for anyone at this point , but all options are still on the table!!

So, I creep on thru the house, ignore K as much as possible, groan and cry and that one we need to take off the table. It just makes my throat sore and my nose sore and gives me a gosh awful headache.

Tootsie had the only help I've ever had help me, water therapy. So I went to the Dr. that will prescribe this Tue. the nurse sneaks up behind me, starts wispering in my ear about something I can't understand and hands me my scripts and said I'll see ya next week. I was still in the waiting room. I had driven an hour to get there. I was grateful to have my meds and get on my way cause I was in such pain. Now all of that was very strange to me, but just like a sheep going along with the herd, I got meds at their Drugstore and left!! Still no questions answered, still don't know if the ex-rays showed a fractured bone in my back from Scoliosis pressing on bent bones from osteo-porosis. Now thats what I call a Dr. that cares about his patients??????? Guess I'll join the YMCA and do my own therapy!! about the bone fracture? If I didn't have one then I probably have one now after that fall I had last Sat. I hurt BAD right around where the Dr. tried to make my shoulder stay upright when that is not the way of my shoulder is anymore!!

I hope somebody will leave some instructions as to "body, heal thyn own self!!

Jo

for my brother Ben

Comment

water therapy was always so good for me. But it seemed even in summer I would freeze myself to death after getting out of the water. There was always so air moving and it made my muscled stop and freeze and not want to move at all. I love ed it when we went to lake in summer. the hotter it was outside the better i liked the water, LOL. Jo i hope you stop hurting so bad. if I take enough meds and just don't move (which I seldom do anymore) I don't feel so bad.

Speaking of dishwashers, the man who built our house has the dishwasher right up against the cabinets on the left side!! now talk about having to have your body in contortions to put in dishes and take out. I ever could do these thigs, diswasher, make beds or vacu, with bad back. and not stand upright at all for any length with a bad hip. now that kids are gone, hubby and i fend well enough. meaning we eat just the silliest of things at time as I don't cook. we don't strarve tho. If I should be the last one left, I wll likly live on oatmean and breakfast waffles etc. as I just about do now.

Comment

our Sunday paper had an article about fibro. basically nothing new. didn't mention water therapy. we all know it was helpful for Tootsie. I'd love to have a hot tub to soak in,but wonder how anyone with fibro gets in/out of those things? as for a pool,well first of all I cannot swim so not an option.

I hurt all over right now so glad to share in the moaning/groaning thread. we seem to be stuck don't we? I'm scared my hip won't last until I'm 65 & can get on medicare. can't avoid stairs altogether of course so just PRAY I can hang on a few more years! no idea if it's arthritis or what,does it matter? it hurts!

as for the fibro? well lately that's decided to attack my shoulder/neck area. honestly I cannot think of many places on my body it hasn't affected me.

we're all falling apart!

Jo,I wrote on another thread what I think about your fall,then just now read where you'd been to your doc & the nurse gave you more pills! can't they do anything but push pills? I bet you have some nice bruises too?

Joy,when my housemate goes hunting I don't cook,thus the dishwasher doesn't need to be loaded except about once week. and how about ovens? even with self cleaning ya still gotta get the racks out & wipe off the gunk! well last time HM got to do that. if I get on my knees I cannot get up without help. this house is getting disgusting with dirt.

someone mentioned the "golden years" ha,what a joke! it's soooooo not fun getting old & falling apart! my son's are in their 40's,I try to warn them what's ahead. in my 40's I was in the best shape of my life!

well not sure it helps to rant,just felt like doing it!

Comment

Well thank you for ranting and raving, Pati. Now I don't feel so bad with all the grumbling I do. I went to bed last night worried that I was just discouraging everybody with my grumbling. This morning I don't feel so bad grumbling cause I hurt from head to toe.

Pati, I think the reason I had such a time when I fell was the fact that my knee's had already taken on some wierd hurtings and sometimes when I tried to stand up my knees would kind of lock. Just guessing, but I think I have arthritis in both knee's already. We know more about what is wrong with us than the Drs. do and I wish they would try helping us instead of pushing more pills at us everytime we go. If I took all the meds. that all my Drs. have given me in the past few months I honestly think I would die, or end up like a veggie! I am AFRAID to take all of them, so I don't take them.

As for the "golden years" I guess we could call it that, but if you mean it's "the grand life", well thats a bunch of crap!! I guess we need to avoid the things we Know isn't safe, but sometimes that is not possible. Yes, I think my 40 years were the best of my life. 10 yrs. sure passed in a hurry so I guess we were having a lot of fun! lol lol

Joy, with just the 2 of us here we also eat a little strange. Sometimes we don't eat at all. If we are still up at 3:00 in the a.m. sometimes we go ahead and eat breakfast. Ken forces me to eat breakfast because he is positive that was what put me in hospital for 10 days. Taking a hand full of morning meds. and not eating. Who knows, maybe he is right, but I can not go eating every hour or 2.

About Fibro, Pati you don't have to swim if you are in a pool. I stay in the shallow end. not over waist deep. I will venture a little further only if I have something to hang on to. There are a lot of exercises you can do in not too much water. That is the Only therapy that has helped me!! The Drs. look at you like you are from Pluto or something if you ask about him giving you a script for Aquatic Therapy. Actually, I am afraid of the water over waist deep!!

Yes, we are falling apart. I know I am. I am 69 and working on 70. I can not believe that!! Tis true.:"

Pati, have you considered going on Social Security at 62? Ken did some figuring and he decided he wouldn't lose anything to retire at 62. Maybe a few pennies or so, but it wasn't worth waiting for. When he started drawing, they let me start too. I didn't get anything when I was 65 because they said I lacked 1 quater. None of it made any sense to me. I sure paid out even when I owned my own business. I never did understand how they managed to come up with what they had.

I got a notice in the mail yesterday telling me about the "raise" I was getting. Then they told me how much Medicare would take out! $$99.90---- wonder why they didn't just take that last .10 ????????

I don't know what else I said, but it must not have been anything of note. I hurt, Jo
                        Last edited by Jo6; 12-20-2011, 08:45 AM.

for my brother Ben

Comment

Double post
                          Last edited by Jo6; 12-20-2011, 08:43 AM. Reason: double post

for my brother Ben

Comment

ah ha now I will remember what I meant to say before about that hot tub. yep i have one. I bought it with the money I got from Lowes when that guy dropped a box 10 feet on my shoulder/back/arm and partially tore my right rotator cuff. So i got a hot tub because it was always water therapy that ever did me any good. Jo is right, just getting in water and moving is good for you. any kind of movement. back when younger and also when i drove, i went to water exercises that a lady led us in. if you were afraid of water you did not have to get in over your head at all.

my mother was alwatys afraid of water, shed laugh (scared laugh) and say her feet were trying to go over her head. true enough, i was the same way. and having that child drow in our lake did not help in any way. every article i read or hear about on tv of grown men drowning would just reinforce my fear of water.

well i finally took a class led by a young woman. determined to concer my FEAR i made myself do it. the last class i had to jump into the swimming pool, fully clothes in jeans and long sleeves, and tennis shoes. and take off jeans tie a knot in ends of legs and flop them to catch air so i could stay afloat with the air from jeans. i did the best i could but i did not drown was the point.

i have always had weak arms tho and so even tho i was taught how to swim, i simply cannot do it but perhps for a few strokes and that is all. but i did learn that if i would NOT panic, i could float. yay. now about that hot tub. i am so afraid as it has several steps up into the dratted thing. i was always use to walking down into one at the place where i went swimming. but up steps, i am afraid and almost fall from fear. truth is in first grade there were enormous steps and i had an accident where a boy ran to me and stabbed me in the eye with a pencil. and by the time i was in high school, i was havuing difficulty climbing the steps at high school. long story but it turns out i do hold my breath at stairs. stupid i know but geeze other than that i am fairly normal (my opinion only). so unless hubby will go with me ot hoyt tub, i don';t go. meaning i don;t go drat it a waste of money and great advantages of helping my health. wish i could have afforded to have buried it.

oh yes, the dratted steps floor etc is slicker than oil or insert any ugly thought about greasy slick things you can think of and i have no desire to break a hip like mother did at my age.

dear jo I hope you stop aching so bad soon. and pati I hope you are feeling ok, seems like i don;t see as many posts from you as usual or who knows i am so out of things myself and NO gifts bought yet!!!
                            Last edited by joy; 12-20-2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

seems everyone has fibro eh?

well everyone I know anyways.

you're right Joy,I haven't been posting much. can't count the times I've written a long reply only to have it not post......how often do I keep it under 10 characters??

this has nothing to do with fibro but I'm also afraid of falling. I've had this darn ringing in my ears for a long time now & finally figured out it also makes me feel wobbly. drives me nuts! I cannot stand to watch TV that shows people on cliffs,etc. actually gives me vertigo! weird eh?

not even sure this is the right thread....Jo, I am getting my SS,just not old enough for medicare yet.

no wonder old people move to Florida,have a one story place with NO steps,lots of warm sunny weather. bet we'd all feel much better!

Comment

I was 65 when I applied for SS so I didn't think of that being an issue. My brain is smoochie a lot these days. Ken will turn 65 in Jan. He will be elgible for Medicare. I forgot he was paying thru the nose for insurance thru his work. He never got sick or anything so it just never came up. I did wonder why he had to pay for his eye surgery, out of pocket.

Seems the Dr. said he wasn't blind yet, that he could wait, but he couldn't see how to do his work like seeing little bitty transiters and such and part#'s. He did really need to go ahead and get it done. He seems to be doing well now that the worst of it is over. $8,000.00 or more, can't remember now. I guess he felt guilty spending that much money and that is why he "promised" me again to buy me that new car after Christmas. I won't hold my breath.

Sometimes I think Fibro is a "catch all phrase" for Drs. too lazy to really check you out. Don't get me wrong, Fibro is alive and hurting many people. You can tell which pain is from a host of things and the longer you have it the more you hurt. I'm not making a lick of sense, now am I!

When I flare, I KNOW what has kicked in big time!! Like tonight. It's been raining all day. Was going shopping a little while, but wasn't able to even get a shower. So don;t feel alone Joy, old granny here don't have many presents either. Not much desire to go shopping. It takes me days to get over just a few hours shopping.

Pati, hope you and joy feel better too. love ya, Jo

for my brother Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X