Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the aching ?

Distinguished Community Member

yes Jo it is over the counter. I use the stick but housemate uses the cream. CAUTION this stuff can burn! and never get it on your hands. it's about $15. I began by using castor oil,very cheap! but of course it's greasy.go for the pool!

Barque,I know for a fact some of my old injuries are back to haunt me now. why it makes me sick to see little kids playing sports.

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Angry

It's not just sports either. I can remember pushing myself to do things physically, work, that I KNEW were beyond what my body could handle, but went a head and did it anyway to "Please" someone. Usually the effort was not recognized and I kicked myself later as I suffered in silence with many, many injuries. Especially to my lower back and my neck. I'm paying now though. I will til I die, I'm sure. STUPID! STUPID!! STUPID!!! *mad

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar

I have been an ice person for my fibro. Inflammation caused by fibro can be one of the main things that cause the pain and using heat opens up the blood vessels to that area and increases swelling. It may feel good but it just doesn't work for me. I found this also....

http://www.painfree-greatposture.com...omyalgia-pain/

and though the thinking makes sense some people just feel better to heat. More treating the pain in desperation than stopping the cause. Most times that is where I am at. The ice lasts longer for me than the heat for arthritis and fibro. For cramping such as menstrual I use a heat pad. Some days I use all three ice bags at the same time.

My barometer is acting up here, super gusty winds with a bit of off warmth to them, and I am in full flare with migraines. Yech. I have my group tomorrow and I think I will have to wear my Tens unit on my trapezius which is screaming at me today. Been acting up and steadily getting worse since I tried that new psych med. Double yech!

Barque from my understanding there is a pretty good chance that if you have had an injury to a joint, ligament, tendon then you will have issues with these your entire life. My ortho explained to me that ligament and tendon tears often do not heal back together on their own and many stretched ligaments stay stretched, this hurts just typing, so the whole purpose of physical therapy is to strengthen the muscles surrounding the injury to support it from further damage. Most joint injuries turn arthritic. Oh yes I have had many damaged ligaments, tendons, sprains, strains from my past and they all have decided to make an appearance later in my life. Every one plus lol. Any type of favoring a limb or appendage throws the rest of the body out of whack so I am definitely out of whack lol.

The only way any doctor has given me spine injections is using fluoroscopy, my current PM doc is very generous with the pain numby at just an intake of my breath and they help amazingly. He is the best doctor I have ever had do them. My first time was some jerk needle jockey that couldn't have cared less about how I was feeling as he chatted it up with the nurses. The second was a woman and her injections were done in her fluoroscopy room in her office and while they were virtually pain free she just wasn't using the right med combination and location to get deep into my serious pain. Going through ligament to get to the right spot is a real gasper lol. Am thinking of letting him try trigger point injections in my trapezius. Just can't get up the nerve lol.

Pati I tried Lyrica and it didn't do jack for me except make me sick. I do take Pamelor for my fibro which is what keeps my migraines away and eases my hand and back pain. Some days it doesn't work too good but it does work more often than not. My doc explained to me about tricyclic drugs and pain signals but it's late and I feel not like going into it. It will have to be a googler. I use my prescription lidocaine on just about everywhere lol.

Do I have pain free days, can't remember last, pain free moments, depends on one's perception of how long a moment is lol, maybe seconds where I am not conscious of the pain is more like it lol.

and once again I have gone on too long.

Thumbs up

I've tried icing... FORGET IT!! It just makes it hurt more and worse. Where's the reasoning in icing a spasm? Maybe a NEW injury but not an old one that is spasming. Hot showers and soaks and heating pads is how I roll. :o

for me just cold weather makes me hurt. I did use ice packs on that last wasp sting,and I soaked a paper towel with cider vinegar & used it to "itch" my thigh. I've become phobic about wasps.

I've wondered how many people are diagnosed with fibro that live in warm sunny environments?

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

For something that Drs. talking so little about it sure does us great stress and of course, pain. Thanks Pati, next time I go to get Kens drops I will pick some up.

It does sound a lot like Bio-Freeze. That burns the heck out of your eyes and even after washing hands good it still has to wear off. I need some more, but it had become such a pain to use I can't remember to tell Beth to send me some. It will be easier to get the Capsaicion from the drug store. Glad you mentioned the burning though. It could possibly cause some reaction to Kens eyes until his eyes are completly healed. He has both done now and will still be using the drops until after Thanksgiving. He's doing well except for being so very grumpy!! nothing new there though. He is still using the plastic eye cover at night. I hunted up a sleep mask and that has helped a lot. The tape was making his face raw. The mask keeps them in place better anyway.

Christina, Beth is so adamant (sp) about using ice instead of heat. I will hardly mention it to her. Be careful though, you can get ice-burns!! She had me using ice packs on my lower back at a time I was bedridden and couldn't stand for anybody to even speak in the room it hurt so bad. When I could finally get up and try to walk I noticed a strange feeling on my behind. After looking more closely I had iced off at least a layer of skin!! After awhile it gets so cold you don't feel anything. lol lol

Yes, old injuries do come back to haunt us in later years no matter what a Dr. says!! I have been a flare for at least 2 months now. I tried to talk to Dr. about it, but of course he thought I wanted stronger meds. I TOLD him I didn't want a decrease, just wanted to know if I could cut one in half. Where he got his reasoning is beyond me. After exrays to see if I had caused a fracture where Osteoporosis was so bad, caused by Scoliosis which WAS worse he increased my meds.!!

None of that makes any sense to me and I am still pissed to high heaven! I just continued to do what I had been doing. I can't make the pain go away, ever! I want to take as little as possible especially if it doesn't help whats hurting the most at the time. I think the rub may help whats hurting worse right now. I may just make a special trip to get some. It's bad today.

Yes Barque, the weather and barometer all factor in the aches and pains. This is a bad time of the year for me.

I wish for all of you as painfree a day as possible. my love, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Unhappy

I am VERY sensitive to any kind of med. I know they don't like you cutting pills in half but if I don't I won't take any at all.

I've had way too many BAD experiences where I took something that nearly killed me. I am very cautious with myself, no one else is.

Doctors give you the dose for an average male adult. I am no where near that big. I'm tiny. I don't NEED all that dosage, just think about it. I know the higher the dosage of my bp med the worse the nausea and stomach cramps so I break it up over the day. I took a whole tablet the first time and fainted dead away for at least a half hour, maybe longer. I went to the mat with my NP about this and she agreed as long as I got enough in me over the day to bring my bp down to an acceptable level she saw no problem with that. LISTEN to your body. My dosage is half of what I was originally prescribed. Some days even that feels like too much. These drugs are very powerful. No one monitors me but me. Try getting ahold of your doctor in a crisis. HA!, good luck! AND a good 5 hour wait in the ER. I tried that ONCE.

We do have "Prompt Care" which is a little better but not much. Usually an hour wait.

((((Barque)))) you are right about having to monitor ourselves especially with our meds. I have a box full of something the Lung Dr. wanted me to add to my daily doses of albuterol I use with the Nebulizer. I read the instruction at least 3 times and after I finished the last time I decided I would not use it until I had a long talk to the Dr.

Everything that is wrong with me, the meds. say not to take it. I don't understand how they feel they can decide to give you all sorts of things and not even know much about your history. I get so weary with it all, then I get to the point I can't breath and I will start the Albuterol again. I have to monetor my BP closely or it will go sky high.

I hope you will feel better soon, Barque. It's a real " bioich" getting old and also having to take so much med. I know many of you are quiet young, but I'm older than dirt and it never gets better. It only gets worse. Use your imagination with the "bioich". Cursing is not allowed. lol

take care all, Jo
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

curse curse curse curse!!!! Now, that didn't help. Maybe if I cry hard enough ????nah, tried that too. Guess I will suffer in silence.

I am so depressed today. It seems to get worse every day. Do I take this, or do I take that? nothing helps. No rest for the wicked, nor for the weary either.!! I'm walling in self pity today.

GET A GRIP!!!!!!

for my brother Ben

I hear you Jo i am not so very far behing you at all. Just got a call about that dratted blood thinner. I once was on so many inhalers and with each one saying wait 20 minutes etc before doing anythiung, it took forever to make it through them all. And it did NOT seem to help. I finally quit my job anmd stayed at home and monitored the cig etc and smoke, did not mow yard etc. Allowed samoking in garage until it still caught up to me in house with kids running in and out. So when i said your are welcome to still come to MY house Christmas eve (I was the only one who was willing), but no smoking, well that is when the husbands side quit having get to gethers. No ONE time the daughter, grown I might add with kids of her own, had it. Well when it was HER house and her kids toys etc getting demolished, she never did it again. so that was the last one. She had to be shamed to even do that one. I had walked into my own den so many times with just her and her own kids jumping on MY couch and then shd'd say stp it kid. But look so resentful, like well what am I to do with them now.

Wow just say bah humbug ND ADMIT i FEEL RELLY BAD TO RIGHT ALONG WITH YOU jO. i HOPE THINGS START LOOKING UP FOR EVERYONE, US INCLUDED. oops sorry about the caps, i don't ever look up it seems. I have at least 3 appointments made for January with no telling how many lab tests thrown in to boot, according to what blood work shows. And yet, I am very thankful I am as healthy as I am. No know really big killers, my blood pressure is high true enough but so many have that as well so what and pn is still progrewsive but again still I am better off than many.

I just wish feeling emotionally were a tad better without having to resort to a puill bottle to get it orwell you know well enouhg. taske care all.

and for all the money Lowes' paid, in 2002, my am shoulder kills me. and i thought what they paid was probably okay i just never thought about the pain never going away. stupid me, it could have been twice what I got and not anything at all to cover pain. money can do just so much and not anything for pain it seems. buy creams etc and stuff to make you hopeful but fix it, nope.

I wish my sleep doctor had heard what I told the new lung doctor. I admitted that once my Trigeminal neuralgia quit and once i stopped having so many dizzy spells with the menieres, life was better. I hate the moise in ear but eeh . Anyway the lung doctor wants to hound upon all the meds I take that lower my oxygen. I won't repeat what I told that doctor but I just told the wrong doctor. For some reason, I really don't like talking to this particular doctor. and even having 2 blood clots, this doctor wanted to make it seem like it was MY fault for not having oxygen. ha He did the same thing in 07 when it showed i did NOT need a c-pap as well. so that is why I kinda don't like tlking to him. no leeway for anything. and he doesn't even know all the resons I take the meds nor does he care, just one thing. uugh. Jo Baraque we have to hang tough together. as I wimper away and I am not usually one to admit when I am getting down as once I admit, well it usually keeps tumbling on down.
    Last edited by joy; 12-06-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast