Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more poem here guys and gal's!

{Lost Dime} 4-23-08 Jeff
    There are things in your life that you may never find.
    Like a dime in the sand that get's lost in the tide.
    But remember to look every once in a while for the sparkle and shine.
    You may just find it in your own lifetime.
    If you dare to dream big, follow God's Sign.

Comment

Christina I'd love it if you posted your recipe for swedish meatballs. I'd say PM me but I imagine there are others that would like it as well.
      Last edited by joy; 12-14-2011, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Jeff, those poems are really good and also inspiring. Please let us all know when your book comes out! I'm looking forward to reading that.

You have overcome much in your young lifetime. I'm proud of you. Just one of the things you mentioned is enough to get you down, big time.

I've had a few seizures in my lifetime, but the last one was about a year ago. It just about took me out, totally. I'm still having a time with remembering some things. It scares me everytime I think of it.

I hope you will join us here more often. If you have read any you will know we are all ages, I think I'm the great granny of them all, but most are much younger. A few are near my age, but they would probably deny it.

I've been down a bit today and when I read your poems I felt much better, realized happiness comes from within. I must try harder to help others feel better.

Thank you and let us know when your book comes out.

(((((((Jeff)))))) Jo s
        Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
        'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Thanks Jo. that is very nice of you and i'm glad you like the poems and yes I will be back! Best Regards Jefff:o

Comment

Hello Jeff. I was thinking today that I read someplace you were going in for surgery? When is it? We are all concerned for you.

I was also wondering how your Mom is. If you don't mind would you let us know how she is? I know she is very ill. My prayers and love or with you both.

take care, Jo

ps: never mind us ladies when we get all grouchy with men. We all know there are still good men around.
            Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Comment

well it's that time of year again when I will procrastinate getting my tax stuff done.

Comment

surely I'm not the only one that procrastinates?

actually I'm thinking I don't need to file income tax this year? didn't make enough money & the accountant charges me alot to do my taxes.

any tax guru's out there?

as for yardwork or getting ready for a yard sale next month? well forget any of that! it's still only in the 40's here!not much left to sell actually unless I raid the other half of the shop. we've both been piling stuff up where I used to be set up for my business.....so might just forget trying to sell the last of my inventory. give more to my son instead!

Comment

With me in last stage of disease I procrastinate with everything which, sad to say, is 'normal'.....sums it up
                  TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Well I have been a busy beaver today. No I didn't just cut a couple cords of wood lol.

I got the living room windows washed, dishes done, 3 floors swept, bathroom cleaned, some dusting and that butter cake is in the oven. Whew! Oh yeah and I went through a huge garbage bag of men's shirts and shorts that were given to my SO. He has been supposed to go through it but when I saw some of the shirts that were in there I knew it was time for the fashion police to make a preemptive visit to avoid any further crimes from being committed.

So of course my feet hurt so bad I can barely walk. Oh well I guess it is a fair trade off cause it is spring break so tomorrow that leaves me open to do what I want.

Comment

good grief Chris! you're feeling better it seems. I cannot even get myself to clean the microwave. am blaming all my lazies on this horrid weather! I know once the sun comes out & it gets to 60 degrees I will get motivated.

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY! go East for a change!

Comment

can't get the duster into my hands. too busy playing on the compter.

Take care,
                        Dawn

Comment

now that it's warmed up I've been making some progress in the shop.mice have chewed off my price tags so need to fix that issue.

house & trailer both need alot of cleaning but I'm in outside mode while this weather lasts!

Comment

OK,this is usually the day I choose to rid myself of the past year Y look forward to a new beginning. update my files,etc. for me this new year is not getting off to a good start. must mean it will get better? it's very cold here but the sun is shining! not one snow flake yet.

spent the entire last year not doing much of anything. up to me to change that for this coming year isn't it?

here's hoping we can keep BT going strong another year. may we all be blessed with some days of manageable pain. no family traumas or dramas. in other words a year of peace would surely be nice!

Comment

wow so glad that we haven't had any procrastinating since May!! wink*

i must say that besides the regular housework, dishes, laundry etc. there really is nothing major that I am procrastinating on. My yard has been winterized, my garage actually has a car in it. The building for shortcake's room is almost done. Just two shelves left and half of a set of curtains to sew. I must say that I am quite proud of myself and will try to post pictures.

My grandmother's sewing room is now my craft room and I am filling it with the things I love. I am covering the walls with family and some of my favorite art. All of my crafting stuff fits in there perfectly. I smile when I am in there and I have even been working on that quilt I started...what like 2005, for my mother. Of course with her drinking and my trying to take care of her and myself and my family it kind of fell to the wayside. Then I knew she would be gone before I could finish and I didn't have the heart for it. Something has always told me that I am to give this quilt away. It has three generations of women in it yet I can think of no family to give it to. Maybe keep it and pass it on to my boys. That doesn't feel right to me either. Guess I'll just finish it and wait for the right moment or person

my basement had a thorough cleaning because our Christmas party was down the now I just need to take down my decorations down there.

Now hopefully throughout this winter I will go through closets and storage and get a bit organized and maye get rid of some stuff. S that's my goal.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Pati dear one, thank you for bringing this thread back up.

So I have decided to spend some time on my treadmill every day. Hopefully I will get some stength back

Then I promise to spend at least some time every day working on grandma Mary's bedroom. That one will really be a challenge.

If I do nothing more that those 2 things I will consider other things that I have procrastinationed on for quiet some time.

wish me luck, Jo

for my brother Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X