Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OT November Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member

Thanks Sal it took me back too. As a kid we took the train from Los Angeles to northern Wisconsin twice (no it wasn't steam I am not that old smarty pants). The last time was in the late 1960's because the trend was that soon there would be no more passenger trains and my dad did not want to have our family miss out. Ride the Super Chief, Ship and Travel All the Way on the Santa Fe.

Went to the doc yesterday and the oral surgery set off the MS blood pressure was 240/180. I had until 45 min ago to get it down or its steroid time again. Blood work showed that being that high is stressing kidneys again and messing up liver panel (something new) I took it this morning and its higher. They had a pow wow with neuro and nephroliglist. I flatly refused to do it as an inpatient. PCP and my wife are behind me daughter is not since I would be in her hospital. I asked her if she was being nosey or bossy.

I am tired of this $^&*().

Sometimes it is hard to keep a good attitude. When you are up to your butt in alligators its hard to remind yourself that all you wanted to do was drain the swamp.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sometimes it is hard to keep a good attitude. When you are up to your butt in alligators its hard to remind yourself that all you wanted to do was drain the swamp.
    RoTfL!!! The absolute best quote of the week!!!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

LOL thanks Sally and being on roids again I am wound up. I tend to the roid rage. So I try to keep my mouth shut and not post on any thread that is controversial. On the good side my BP is coming down and I am already feeling better. I think that following the steroids with a liter of Normal Saline makes all the difference in the world at least for me. Of course I do have to double my diuretics.

Sunny but cold here in the spud state today and snow flurries for tomorrow morning.

Be healthy everybody.

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Oh, Gary, I had hoped this would not be the outcome of the dental work but was afraid it might be. Heal quickly. Holding you.

Whisper...you feel better too, ya hear?

I just spoke with my friend Mike (stem cell researcher) and he said the first day of the adipose stem cell conference was only on dermatological uses and he could not stay for the rest because of commitments back in CA but he has the names of some of the people running the program for MS and promises he will be in touch with them and get back to me sometime this week. The thing is, Mike needs to see something...hands on....to really believe it works and I thought this was the opportunity for that to happen. I will fill you in on anything he tells me.

Eli was baptized yesterday in Cambridge.
    http://www.kodakgallery.com/video/pl...-Sharee-_-View

Here is a link to photos

Cheri,

Beautiful weather, beautiful children, beautiful you! Thanks for the pics.

Gary, I am so glad that you BP is down and you are feeling better.

Best to all,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Thanks ANN:angel:

Thanks Cherie and Ann. Today is my last infusion thankfully. Much improved. I would never do this with out a liter of saline and a taper that last as long as a week. The stress on the kidneys and the then the stress on my brain (or what there is of it) isn't fun. It took a number of time to find out the best way to make it work. I noticed that my PCP had written notes on the inside cover of my chart on the protocol he wants followed if there is BP crisis and he should happen not to be in the office.

No wind its sunny and about 23 deg this am. We had about an inch or snow yesterday morning but it was gone afternoon. I am glad that today is my last infusion I still have some winterizing to do. And now I have lots of energy.

Be healthy everybody.

Gar, glad your BP is behaving due to the roids..:o

What causes your BP sky rocket between shots of IVSM?
    Love, Sally

Sally the general consensus between the docs is that the MS has spread to my brain stem and for what ever reason anytime there is a flare or inflammation it gets the automatic functions messed up. It has caused me to choke, stop breathing, my kidneys just stop and of course the blood pressure goes through the roof. They cant really control the high blood pressure with drugs unless I am in the hospital as it can and does bottom out then they have to give me drugs to get it back up. At this point they are most concerned about it staying in the stroke zone.

I just cant see having a MRI to prove or disprove it. If there was some sort of possibility of fixing something or there was a blood clot or I had stroke Sx that of course would change things but my MS is spread and I know it has gotten worse. So I live with it and treat the Sx when they arise. I know I have a cheese brain and a $5,000 MRI isn't going to change that. My PCP is okay with that and has said he would be happy to order up one anytime I requested one.

Edited to add: The last time I had a head MRI was about 5 or 6 years ago and compared to the first one I had so many new lesions that they could not count them all. And that it was consistent with an advanced case of multiple sclerosis. And to protect the radiologist it said "Or some type of delemination .
    Last edited by Gary; 11-07-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks Gary. That really sucks rocks..
    Love, Sally

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast