Thread: CT scan 6 years post op

New Community Member

Default CT scan 6 years post op

L1-2: Moderate loss of disc height associated with anterior endplate osteophyte. Moderate facet arthropthy present.

L2-3 Moderate loss of disc height associated with anterior endplate osteophyte. 4 mm circumferential disc bulge associated with hypertrophic changes of the facet joints, which results in moderate central spinal stenosis and moderate bilateral nerual foraminal stenosis. Severe bilateral degenerative facet arthropathy is present.

L3-4: Pedicle screws present. This is associated with radiolucent posterior fusion rods. Severe bilateral degenerative facet arthropathy is present. There is no evidence of a solid posterolateral fusion mass. Moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis is present due to hypertrophic changes of the facet joint and intraforaminal disc-osteophyte complex.

L4-5: Pedicle screws present. Radiolucent posterior fusion rods are present. There is a solid and mature posterolateral fusion mass. A Grade I anterolisthesis is noted. Nerual foramina are patent. Evidence of bilateral laminotomies are present.

L5-S1:Pedicle screws are present. There are radiolucent posterior fusion rods. There is a solid and mature posterolateral fusion mass. A grade I anterolisthesis and loss of disc height results in moderate left nerual foraminal stenosis. The right neural foramen is normal. Bilateral laminotomies are present.

My surgery was six years ago tomorrow. The lower two levels have fused on their own, and I have been experiencing severe left sided pain. Dr. Regan told me he didn't know where the pain was coming from. I think he's done with me. Guess I'll finally have to get some drugs or shots or something.

Distinguished Community Member

OCQ, sorry to hear Dr Rean doesn't see that he can help you with the pain. I looks to me that L2-3 is a good candidate for your pain. I would suggest going with medication for the pain as surgery isn't any guarantee to solve a pain issue. I hope you find a med or a combo of meds that work for you.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Don't give up! Talk to a few more docs, differently specialities to get a broader base. Someone might have some great ideas to help.

Good Luck!!
    -Fused L3-S1 (3 surgeries, last one 1-12-11)
    -4 Surgeries for infections, last one 2-15-11
    -T-spine 11-12 cyst, 7-8 deformity, DDD throughout, and stenosis at several levels