Thread: Major anxiety!!!

Distinguished Community Member

Unhappy Major anxiety!!!

I hope I can post this here, since, this is a place, where, we can talk about anything. I'm having *major* anxiety, about, being at the
    half-point of my life and I can't stop thinking about, not being here, anymore. I can't take this, anymore!! It's *constant*!!
    Does anyone have any ideas???

Phyllis

Default anxiety

Well, don't let a concern build up to an obsession. Also, this is not a matter of great current urgency. You can think about it gradually. And, you are already coping with the problem with discussing it here and with your therapist, and thinking about bio-feedback.

Thumbs down Mal,.............................................. ...................................

it *is* major anxiety and great urgency, because, this started the day I turned 41 and I'm, now, 44!!

Phyllis

Well, as they say, don't let it bug you <s>

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Phyllis, So what if you are 41, hun. I'm 53. (My 84 yr old father is doing just fine.)
    Lorraine (lor)

Thumbs down Lor, this *started*, the day, I turned 41!!! I'm 44!!!

The issue really isn't the age/ number. The issue is, I *know*, the time is going to fly by, because, the past, 44 years, have!! I mean, they've
    seemed like a couple of *days*!!:(:(

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

phyllis,

i understand what you are going through.

you have been posting about this problem everywhere on these forums.

what i'm going to say is what i believe about life and what i think you are already doing:

yes, by thinking of the day when you are no longer here, you are no longer here today!!

ALL WE HAVE IS TODAY!

our yesterdays are a set of memories that have ALREADY HAPPENED! they will never come back! you have already lived the past. hopefully you lived everyday to it's fullest, did what you wanted to do, went out with friends, had joy, had pain. these are all memories. THEY ARE NOT TODAY!

what is today supposed to feel like? today is supposed to be a day of living your life to it's fullest potential, no matter what your problem. everyone has obstacles, physical and mental to overcome. by living today, you work to overcome those obstacles so that you can reach a place where you live as if TODAY IS THE ONLY DAY IN YOUR LIFE!

because it is!

phyllis, by thinking about yesterday and the future, you are not living today. you are living somewhere you can't go back to and somewhere that is not real.

today is the only day that's real!

i suggested to you that you probably might have a generalized anxiety disorder and that you should talk to your doctor about it and see if you can find something to ease the anxiety. i don't know how far you got with that. whatever choice you made was your decision!

and that's what we do everyday! we make choices!

and it's so wonderful that we can make choices!

we are not birds that migrate south because of a genetic code implanted in our brains that tells us WE MUST fly to a different climate in the autumn. the code does not tell us to fly back to where we were in the spring so that we can lay eggs and have babies. we are not salmon that are programmed to swim upstream against the current to mate with other salmon and make more salmon. that is the programming of these animals.

what is programmed into phyllis is what she has experienced in the past and what all that is...whether you learned to fear, to love, to give or to think about only yourself where everything is about ME! ME! ME!

phyllis. you are living in front of a computer asking people to figure out the meaning of YOUR LIFE!

we can't do that. we are NOT PHYLLIS. ONLY YOU ARE PHYLLIS!

i am jean. mal is mal. lor is lor. we have all figured out (i hope) what we are here for.

but phyllis is stuck in this box. all she's getting is, "i'm not going to be here one day". and phyllis thinks about this everyday. maybe every hour. she is paralyzed by this thought.

so she is not living today to it's fullest. she is living somewhere else. a zone of fear. phyllis is not here today.

and if phyllis does this everyday, she is never here today.

so, if phyllis is not here today, she is already gone.

if you live your life on a day to day basis and get the most out of it that you can, you will only die ONE DAY out of your whole life!

yes, i agree it's scary to realize your body will not be here one day. but that is how you are already living. phyllis is not only her body, she is her mind.

i ran across this little piece about reality. it suggests learning about an ancient method of living for today. you don't have to join anything, just listen to what the man says. here is the link: http://www.perceivingreality.com/

phyllis, you can spend all your time here looking for answers. all you will find is mal's answer, lor's answer and my answer.

FIND YOUR OWN ANSWER!

find out why phyllis doesn't want to live today and chooses to be dead to all the possibilities that today holds for her.

and then you might be on your way to self-knowledge. discovering who phyllis is.

my prayers go out to you so that you may find your answers inside of YOURSELF! because that's where they are hiding and asleep and dead.

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Default An alternative

Also - if you believe there is a soul, there can be an immortal soul.

If you spend all your time and energy worrying about when you won't be here you will lose the happiness and joy of the time you are here. There is so much left to experience. There is so much left to do and say. If you let this anxiety and fear overtake you then you will miss the here and now. Live each day and enjoy it. Who knows what tomorrow brings. Don't worry about what will happen in 20 or 40 years.