Has this happened to anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has this happened to anyone?

I was getting up...from doing meditation...mantra practice...it was dusk...more dark than light...when I moved...I saw lightening strike...only...there was no storm...and no thunder...and I realized that the lightening strike had been about 2 feet in front of me...so it wasn't really lightening....it was brilliant....flashed and jagged and filled the whole of my range of vision...and now I don't feel so great...my head doesn't hurt but feels sick...some trouble focusing right after but that is getting better....

Has this ever happened to anyone...?....I was alone...and it was kind of scaring me..but I am no longer home alone...I am going to go lay down...and decided I would ask......

Blessings to All Beings...........

lightning strike

Hummer - i think that WAS lightning that hit and close to you too. God bless the fact that you did not get a direct strike - Lightning can happen with no storms at all - if you saw a brillant flash that filled your vision... bless you - God must surely have a plan for you - You are blessed and I hope to see you continue for a long time. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Blessings
    Alex44

Comment

Dear Alex44...

I don't know...I still feel not so great this morning...I was wondering if it was some kind of episode in my brain...a huge misfire or something.....If it was lightening wouldn't there have been some kind of smell....some kind of sound...some sensation...it being that close....

I will certainly take your prayers for me....most gratefully....Blessings coming right back at you....

Well I've been up some time...and am feeling teeter tottery...so am going to go lay back down....

Blessings to all Beings....

Comment

hummer, I hope you see a neurologist if this persist because neurological problems can cause the reaction you had and this includes having a stroke or mini stroke. I hope you get feeling better soon but if not don't hesitate to see a neurologist.
        1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
        2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Quite frankly it would be freaking me out and I would be in the ER making them do tests. That's yer brain you are talkin about. Especially since you sound like you are having continued problems since then.Might wanna at least give your doc a call.

Comment

Hi Hummer,
            Please take my and Mark's advice, see a neurologist as soon as possible. I have a brain disorder which causes small/medium strokes. I've had them happen in my eye, back of eye. It goes with the disorder which you don't have BUT it could be a minor stroke called a TIA........so please see your doctor as soon as possible. The brain is nothing to fool around with esp since it's still bothering you. Keep us updated, please!!!........kat
            TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Comment

Thank you all....I am feeling more calm....and I am taking it easy....

Thank you for responding when I was afraid.....I'm not any more......

Blessings on us all........
              Last edited by hummer; 08-18-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I agree with seeing the neuro. something this drastic should not be ignored and always better to err on the side of cation especially when there is so much going on with our bodies.

The only time I have see anything like that was when I was getting my head beat in sorry but a fact !!

Hope you are feeling better and take the good advice given to you..

Linda

Comment

hummer, it is good to hear you are feeling calmer now. Please see a neurologist as this isn't something to blow off. Many of us have a number of medical problems associated with CP and need to treat the other medical problems if we have them. Your symptom was a major one and I hope you don't down play it as time goes by. TIAs often leave you feeling poorly after an event so until you get check out you don't know if you had one or not and bleeding of the brain isn't something to deny. I hope you didn't have a TIA but please have it checked out.
                  1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
                  2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

I agree with everyone here, that as problems experienced after did persist, it might be best to get it checked out, it could a silent migraine as the lightning type of flashing that you mentioned sounds somethign to similar to an aura many experience before migraines occur which can also affect vision leaving things out of focus..

Comment

Hummer - All the best to you.
                      Alex44

Comment

Hi Hummer, I read the threads and wonder where you were? outside? or inside, as mentioned lightning can strike near you when there is no sign of clouds or storm, although there would be somewhere near that would be far out of your view. With that said, as mark mentioned, some things happening in the brain, like a tumor, aneurysm, or other anomaly in the brain can cause a similar experience, that would kinda seem the same. So keep that in mind. Thats why everyone is concerned for your safety. We all love you and want you safe, best wishes, ray

Comment

Hummer, I actually have the day to myself, so I was sitting here reading over the threads, and I found this one. It's been almost three weeks, so how are you? Have you experienced anymore of those 'flashes'? Have you been to the doctor or Neuro? Inquiring minds want to know!!
                          My avatar is of my daughter, Andrea, who we lost in a fire on 1/18/11

** Hx of an L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in April 2002 and taking daily pain meds;
                          ** proud Grandma of three grandchildren, Angelo, 11/11/05, and Julianna, 1/3/08, and Penny, 6/20/13

Comment

Working...
                          X