Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey I'm getting a raise!

Community Member

Thumbs up Hey I'm getting a raise!

With the recent report that the Government will increase my monthly SSD I am looking forward to being able to pay for my meds.

Distinguished Community Member

YAY!!!!!! For us!
    Take care,
    Dawn

New Community Member

Now the question is "how much of the raise will be consumed by the yet-to-be announced increase in monthly medicare deduction?"

Dennis

It's about time they give us an increase in our ss everything else is going up!!!:o

I know - FINALLY!!! I've heard 3.4%. (If Congress had to live on what we do, I'm sure it'd be a lot more!!!!)

suse

New Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN DENNIS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now the question is "how much of the raise will be consumed by the yet-to-be announced increase in monthly medicare deduction?"

Dennis
    2012 Medicare Premium Increase Less Than Feared
    "Don't urinate on my leg & tell me it's raining"....Judge Judy

Whatever the raise is, you have to realize that we haven't received a raise in SSD/ SSI since 2008.....

I already see price changes, so what is the raise going to do for us ? Absolutely nothing in my opinion.

By the way, to the person that made a comment on being able to pay for meds ( zep4141 ) Have you ever inquired about Patient Assistance Programs thru the Laboratorries that make your meds ? Usually the paitent assistance progran is pretty helpful, not to mention that the income level for patient assistance with you meds is actually quite high !
    You might ask your Dr. if he/she knows of patient assistant programs OR you can go to
    www.needymeds.com
    I would be contacting the makers of your medications for help....!
    Just a suggestion here in case you weren't aware of Patient Assistant programs !

Dennis you have a valid point there ! Each year, ( regardless if we get a raise or not they raise the medicare amount )

I am just waiting to see what is going to happen. BTW does anyone have a medi-gap coverage ( extra insurance ) ? Are you going to switch insurance companies during the Oct 15 - Dec 7 time frame, and if you are going to switch, which insurance company are you changing to and why ?
    I have Humana but am thinking of changing to Cigna

Suse, the last time we received a raise was 2008, and it was a 2.8 raise....
    Your right about Congress, if they had to live on what we do, well.....they wouldn't trust me. Anyone remember when we used to get TWO RAISES a year ? I do....!

I still live like a POOR CHURCH MOUSE! I had a Catastrophic Traumatic brain injury in 2006, and have intractable epilepsy with the worlds you know what kind of lawyer and received nine grand for my four brain surgeries, respiratory failure twice, coma twice, a beautiful staph infection, coded twice on the table during second surgery! four weeks in the world’s most awful Icu unit in the world! 2 weeks in step down and 8 weeks in rehab to learn how to button my shirt again! Thanks for the forty bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worked my *** off for twenty years, 60 to 70 hours a week- 6 to 7 days a week! I love my family, I love my life, I am grateful to be alive, but John Stossel GIMME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast