Thread: I've found you again, my dear friends! HELLO!

New Community Member

Cool I've found you again, my dear friends! HELLO!

This is Kelly, Jenelle's Mommy. I can't believe it has been 9 years since I found this place. Recently, the link I had here wasn't working, and I feared I lost you all forever. But then I got an e-mail in August, and here you all are! WONDERFUL!

Quickly - Jenelle is doing very well and will celebrate her 9th birthday on Saturday. She started at a new school this summer (long story) but is still having too many seizures for us to tolerate. We are weaning off Felbatol and go back to UCLA in late November. Jenelle is also cheering on the Challenger Cheer Team and playing Challenger baseball in the spring.

I am completely off my maintenance chemo - finished in August! And in December, I will be 3 years cancer free! YAY! NO worries for me! I'm still working part time at my law firm (paralegal) and hope to go back to full time in January.

Our son Jack is in the 5th grade and likes to be called "JD" now. He is still very athletic and plays Football and baseball. He amazes me every day with his compassion for his sister.

Brett my husband is hanging in there (he's a financial planner, so it's been tough.) I think with the economy, PTSD from my cancer and every other crisis in our life, he's slowly coming out of depression. He's still coaching and doing everything he loves, and is a wonderful Father.

I'll post photos soon - you'll be amazed at how much Jenelle has grown!

Distinguished Community Member

Smile Yay Kelly. Yay Jenelle

Yay Jenelle, Yay Kelly.

Good to see you again and about time we say ! :)

Jenelle's now nine. Goodness time does fly doesn't it. We beat you by some years though Kelly, having been with the neuro forum for about 15 years so there!

I am sorry to hear about the seizures. Is Jenelle on many medications? Grant is now on three, Vimpat, Dilantin and Frisium. He is in championship mode :) With the medication and prayers he gets, he has been the best he has been for a long, long time. Wow, Janelle is playing baseball. Please put up a video at youtube so that we can cheer her on :)

Fantastic that you are off chemo Kelly. Are you into alternative therapies such as vitamins etc? The anti cancer drugs can cause havoc nutritionally.

Jack sounds very stable and happy, with sport and being a great brother.

We hope your deary hubby improves day be day. God bless him.

KELLY'S HOMEWORK :) :) :)

Please upload photos ASAP and a video.

With very special and fantastic, super duper 'Down Under' hugs to our buddy miss Jenelle.

Seeya here soon eh.

Paul, Alison and Grant the champ.
    Grant's story in pictures and music. A must see :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZGlwj6VCQ
    Seeya there :)

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Kelly & Jenelle))))))

So great to hear from you!

Wonderful news that you are cancer-free! That is certainly answered prayer, as I'm sure many here were praying for you as I was. I followed your blog for quite a while.

I hope that the wean from Felbatol goes well and that UCLA docs can come up with a better option to control Jenelle's seizures. And wow, cheering and baseball! Awesome Jenelle!!!:)

How cute that Jack wants to be called JD now! Kids! So cute! Sounds cooler, though, eh, Mom?

I can imagine that the stress for Brett has been enormous these past few years. It's good to hear that he's evolving from the depression, and may things continue to look brighter for him.

Looking forward to your photos!

Welcome Back!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

I cannot believe it is three years since you were diagnosed with cancer. I am so glad you are doing well. I hope with the treatments firmly in your past you can get on with the positive side of life and less with all the trials that come our way.
    I`ll look forward to hearing updates
    lucinda
    mom to isaiah, matt, zech and noah
    Lucinda
    mom to four boys who keep things interesting...