Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Eldery

Distinguished Community Member Abby2006's Avatar

Mariel this is what I thought was' creep'

there is another facet to this. All night long before the day he died, there was faint drumming and chanting (American Indian type) heard in his room. 3 nurses heard it, my son heard it, and I heard it. It went on from dusk to dawn. It seemed someone was welcoming him across. My son went out to see if it came from the parking lot, but there was one empty car there in a snowy night. I have never been able to get any explanation of this oddity from any pastor, since Irv was not an Indian nor
    interested in their ceremonies. I suppose th hospital could have put on a show (never thought of that until just now), but it seems unlikely.
    I was agreeing with you except I used the word 'creepy' and you used 'oddity'

Abby
    Stand for something or you will fall for anything

A friend from church, whose husband is a ranger at Bandelier (Indian site) said that
    it is not odd that Indian spirits came at the time of Irv's death, for all of this area was
    once Indian pueblo territory. Our home is on territory which once belonged to them.
    I do not contact the dead, but in this case, the other side contacted us, and there were
    five witnesses. That it happened is certain; what it means is not. It pains me a lot not
    to understand it. I have been in grief for nearly three years and it is almost too much.
    Now I have to go have radiation therapy at Mayo in a couple weeks, to knock out my
    excess platelets and red cells made in the marrow. All things are dark even though it
    is a beautiful sunny day.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

{{{{Mariel}}}} I do understand and I wish you peace.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Hang in there Mariel

Abby

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

I am sorry you are carrying such a heavy weight.

A visit to Santa Fe and north five years ago left me awed.
    The spirit and beauty of that land left me feeling like god was very present.
    For non-deists, I say it was a great gift of the purity of nature.

May your heart heal and may you see the tremendous light of that land.

Distinguished Community Member nuthatch's Avatar

(((Mariel))) . . . I can only imagine how tough it is for you . . . I'm holding you in my heart.

Joan

Thanks for good thoughts!

Yes it is beautiful here, especially when it is cool and rains have been recent, as yesterday.

Default Bobbby Schindler is Teerri Schiavo's brother

The Beginning Of Obamacare
    By Bobby Schindler
    October 31, 2011

As a country whose laws show little respect for life at its most vulnerable stages, from the unborn to the elderly and disabled, it should come as no surprise that the government, in efforts to control costs, will begin to limit hospital stays for those covered by Medicaid.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/bobby-schind...ning-obamacare
    Last edited by Mike Weins; 11-03-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: removed political undertones

I was so moved by Terry Schiavo's death. I thought that they should at least give her water, but I was told that would have prolonged suffering. Steve Job's death was such a contrast. He was not hastened out of life. He had a good last day with his
    family around him, and he looked at each group of them (sisters, children, wife) and then over their shoulders, and said "Oh wow,
    oh wow, oh wow". Speculation is that he saw something on the "other side" and it was worth not only exclaiming about but doing so in a way that we would know there was something good to come.

I think Steve deserved every help he got in his last days, but so did Terry Schiavo. Money buys that extra love. His family would have loved him anyway, even if he had little money, but the extra care he got (we can only imagine it) came from money.

This is one reason why we prefer what's over on the other side; it isn't rationed. I think it will HAVE to be rationed here because we have spent our wad. That is, we as a country have spent it, sometimes to enrich the elite, which makes everyone angry as
    all get out. But nevertheless it is spent. We simply do not have enough to take care of everyone in the manner that Steve Jobs
    was taken care of. I know he would be sorry about that. He was quick tempered but he valued love. I feel I know him just a little because when I went to Stanford I often walked by his house, the one he owned much later, of course.

Distinguished Community Member

Steve Jobs choose to use alternative medicine and not the more expensive surgery that might have saved his life. Medicaid is a state run system and has always limited the number of days for a hospital stay. Get the facts straight. The so-called "death panels" that Sarah Palin spoke of have been proven to be false.

Terry Schiavo's husband got a court order to withhold nutrition in order to end her suffering and she died during Bush's term and it had nothing to do with Obamacare.

This thread has already gone political and should be closed. The article written by Terry's brother doesn't have any place on a support board for MS patients. It is just adding more stress to our already stressful lives and is too political in nature.

Blessings,
    Gabriella
    Last edited by Gabriella7; 11-03-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast