This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agate View Post
    Is there any way to get to the 2004 archives? Someone on the MS board has asked about finding some posts from that year. I've tried several ways but no luck so far.
    I never like to say there isn't a way, or that there is no hope in completing any specific task. Unless our former SYSOP JL was grossly mistaken in his reports when we did meet online, he had made backups of the database on several occasions in 2004-06, so somewhere, they did exist. Locating them now so our new SYSOP, Mike, can restore them, is the challenge we face. Though indeed, so far no luck.
    "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

Thank you for the prompt reply. I did manage to find the archives for 2000-2002 but couldn't find any others. It really would be helpful to have access to them.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Indeed it would, but since the former sysop simply refuses to communicate with anyone about BT .... it's going to be a tough task.
        Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
        Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
        Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
        Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
        Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
        Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
        Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Hey David, thanks for letting us access those past forums...brings back lots of memories that I've lost...I wrote on the new person wall cuz after so many years I become a new person again...
          Why can't we have an instant chat room again? Just a question, you may have answered it to someone years ago, I don't know...

Comment

Hi :)

Because there isn't a secure chat option available, and nobody used the chat room that was installed for at least two years.
            Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
            Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
            Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
            Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
            Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
            Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
            Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

I am not able to access archives with any of the links provided. Did I miss something?

Comment

I'm another one who would welcome access to the archives. But I understand that getting them back into this newer format is a knotty problem.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

archive.org

?

Comment

Working...
                  X