Thread: Major Diagnostic Breakthrough in Multiple Sclerosis Achieved with Advanced FONAR UPRI

Default Major Diagnostic Breakthrough in Multiple Sclerosis Achieved with Advanced FONAR UPRI

Distinguished Community Member

Welcome, Herodotus.

Do you yourself have MS? Or is interest in MS from another angle (caregiver, researcher, relative, etc)?

What area of the world do you live? It's sometimes surprising how the medical resources can be so different in different parts of the world.

I just noticed your registration date. Have you been reading in the forum?
    Last edited by Parsi; 10-11-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Very interesting, Thanks Hero. Have you had the CCSVI treatment? And if so what are your results. Your first hand experiences would be very helpful.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Thumbs up

I think that someone joined us just to give us this information. It is very good news. Upright MRI's are great for people who can't lie flat or need a diagnosis for an illness or problem that can only be determined in a standing, sitting, or a tilting position.

The more useful tools our doctors have the better, IMO.
    Thanks Herodotus, whoever you are.
    Lady

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with what the others have said. Welcome, Herodotus!

Is there a reason why you chose this user name?

No need to be shy about posting here. Some people barge right in and start posting away. Others wait around for years before they feel up to saying anything. We'll be glad to have your input whenever you'd like to say something more.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Welcome Herodotus, I enjoyed reading the article. As someone else already brought out it is good to have something new - anything to help someone who may need this.

Have you had the CCSVI procedure?
    Virginia

Hello all,

I've been reading this board for years before I joined. I have secondary progressive MS, maybe primary progressive from the beginning. I just read everything I can, but nothing's helped yet! I came across this bit of news on a UK site I troll through regularly:
    http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?CFID...TOKEN=90770537

What I found interesting @ this is it links up w/the general theory of there being a physiological aspect to MS, which actually dates back to Charcot! (that being the lesions are venous centric - why not all over the brain, if it's strictly immune related?) Then there's this:
    http://www.ms-info.net/ms_040504.pdf
    don't quote me, but I think Dr. Schelling wrote this in the 60's, certainly a direct precursor to CCSVI.

to me,MS is like the blind men and the elephant - the part each touches determines how it's described, without a complete understanding of the thing. Then you've got the confounding factors - drug companies blast anything suggesting it's physical -for obvious reasons, u don't need their drugs, then. When all you've got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Now I introduce you to a real superwoman - I forget where I saw this, but here's the link, and her talk on Youtube:
    http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Terry_Wahls
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEikq4x5Abc No matter what causes it, she got over secondary progressive. Search her on u tube, & a lot comes up

Glad folks like the article - i was glad to see it. On the board I really like Ted Hutchinson, the D3 guy, Braindead, and Gary, who wants his wife to hold his beer while he does something....daring. (and everyone else) Me- when my hubby goes to the doctor, he says his wife's a doctor. They get quite excited and ask what kind, and he says.........amateur. So, from one who's not adept at anything in particular, enjoy the links. Signing off now, before I get kicked off for talking too much, and right after I joined.

Herodotus (took the name from the English Patient - loved the way Ralph Fiennes pronounced it, and all take a Roman elder seriously)

Herodotus, I like your reference to the blindmen and the elephant. So true.
    And the hammer reference reminds me of the people who hit gadgets hoping to get them to work again.

I think Dr. Swank's low fat diet, which helped some of us, is at least partially based in treating a vascular problem. His test for MS was to take some blood from the patient, put under microscope, and introduce some oil into. The oil would make the blood slow movement if the person had MS, not if they did not have MS. He used other methods, too, but that was his special method of dx.
    I was positive for his method, already had a dx from elsewhere. He thought MS was autoimmunity to fat, but I believe MS is variable in its causes. Some is toxin cause, even ones own endogenous toxins.