Thread: Re: Board Glitch

Distinguished Community Member Abby2006's Avatar

Default Re: Board Glitch

Does anyone else notice from the main page if you want to go to the end of a post and click on the last page - it takes you to the first page?

Abby

In case mod's checks this our I have a question

is there a way ro make my own emoticon?
    Last edited by Abby2006; 10-02-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    Stand for something or you will fall for anything

Distinguished Community Member

I haven't tried.

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

I think all forums do that. All the ones I go on anyway. It might not be a glitch. I could be totally wrong though.

Hello!

I'm assuming you mean if you go to a thread that has several pages and you click on the last page, then it goes to the first page of the thread instead (there's a rhyme)?

I went through this forum and tried a few others where the thread had a few and a lot of pages. As long as you put your cursor on the last page number and make sure you click on it, it went to the last page for me. If I haven't understood your question or you are still having probs, just write another post here and I'll check how things are going in a few days.

Abby, about making your own emoticons. First, there are websites where you can use their special emoticons. I think it involves copying and pasting their code onto your post here. Just google, "free emoticons". If you wanted to make your own...I'm thinking you would have to draw one, color it in and then cut it out around the edges. Then you would copy it right on the glass of your copy machine or on a clear piece of plastic. You'd have to save it in a file on your computer and then retrieve the picture when you wanted to use it as an emoticon on your post.

I want to tell you a story about the spam filter of way back. When I was chatting in the chatrooms around the turn of this century , John Lester was in charge of the chats. We used to get spammer's barging into our conversations and saying all kinds of swear words. There wasn't a moderator available for every chatroom, so unless someone knew a mod and sent a message to them, we all just left the room and came back 5 minutes later. I guess John decided to put in a filter, but we didn't know about it until one day when we were talking about music in the chatroom. Someone was talking about a famous 60's-70's singer named Joe Cocker, but when he posted what he wanted to say, the name came out as Joe ****er. We all laughed because we didn't know a filter had been put in and that it would **** even part of a word if that part was on the filter list, even though the whole word was not a bad word. A filter doesn't know how you are using the word, it just goes by the letters in the word. Most of your everyday swear words will probably not be filtered, except for the one you already know about.

Last edited by Moderator #7; 10-02-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    Moderator #7

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Default Re: Emoticons

I think what you want is an icon.
    http://www.sherv.net/icon-maker/
    Last edited by Frog42; 10-03-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Messed up post

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Blog Entries

No you can not make your own emoticons here. I did have a mod installed where you could, but it was conflicting with the no smilies mod so I had to remove it for now.

I have tried to duplicate your glitch and can not. Every time I clicked on the last page (or another page other than 1) it went where it was supposed to. Please let us know if you continue to have this problem, and which browser you are using.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

It was in the Lonely thread which I went to first when I came in (just now) went to last pafe ane it did indeed go to last page. Maybe I did do it wrong before,, important think is it works now

Used to love Joe Cocker they said he had something (illness) as a child that made himm contort like that when he sanf. Wonder where he is today

Abby

Thanks Mod and Mike

While I have you on the phone this may sound stupid but how do you get back to maine pade (where all the threads are) iwhich one of those thingys takes me right back there?

Thanks

Abby

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

I just go back to the top and hit Multiples Sclerosis..
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Thanks Sally thats one of those real light things - hard to see:o okay enough with the excuses I never saw it but I see it now

Thank you

Abby