Blood Pressure Adjusting Issue HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Pressure Adjusting Issue HELP!!!!

First thing in the morning I usually feel o.k. when I first wake up. I get up, take some blood pressure medication and actally feel it kick in. I am alright for a short while but then, usually about an hour and a half to two hours after I feel sick then have to lay down. I feel faint and nauseus. Sometimes I throw up and feel better right afterwards but I still need to lay down for while until I feel better. I take or have to retake my bp med because I usually throw it up.

This happens most mornings. Does anyone else have anything like this happen to them? I find it might happen later in the day too if I go to long without taking my usual dose on time. It's wierd because I feel like my bp is dropping when it's actually rising. I mean I feel weak and faint but my pulse is fast and strong.

Can anyone explan this to me?

Please don't say "talk to your doctor". I've tried that and he gave me no definative answer.

Could this have anything to do with low blood sugar or dehydration?

As kid used to faint and throw up a lot in the mornings too. I always had low bp and was very thin and never ate breakfast or drank much water. I know right now I am dehydrated and am trying to drink, I have a real hard time choking it down most of the time.

If you have this issue PLEASE talk to me. As of now I have to lay down most of the morning if not all of it.

Barque, Try not taking it first thing in the morning. Eat breakfast first. Even if you are not hungry you can have some toast. If it makes anything better to eat breakfast then you won't mind. I used to get some constipation & it hurt. Then I started eating fiber cereal in the morn. even when I didn't really want it. I knew later I would have problems & be mad at myself for simply eating that dumb bowl of cereal.
    Lorraine (lor)

Comment

Barque, I agree with Lor,you must put something in your stomach! my housemate takes his BP meds with buttermilk or milk. I take mine with orange juice,I always eat something beforehand. you might need to switch meds. have you researched side effects? find a forum for the type of med you take & read what real people have experienced (not the sites the drug co. puts out or what doc's say). I take Lisinopril & have discovered alot of nasty side effects I wasn't connecting to my pill.

also many of our meds come from India these days,there is NO way to know what "fillers" are put into these drugs.

good luck!

Comment

Metropol is a Beta Blocker. That's what I take. I know half my hair has fallen out and is getting shorter, ONE side efffect.

There is another type, a Calcium something. I may ask the doc about that.

BUT, if anyone else experiences this please reply. There is nothing makes you feel more helpless and just plain sick than that drop in blood pressure. Better yet a DOCTOR with hp.
        Last edited by Barque; 10-02-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

barque,

please read this: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

i find wikipedia gives unbiased reports on drugs because they are not supported by drug companies nor are they paid to give good reviews about drugs. if you want a real good description of your drug, ask your pharmacist for the white paper insert that comes inside every drug bottle. what i found on the wikipedia site seems to suggest that dizziness and nausea are NOT GOOD side effects of the drug. read it yourself and then ask your doctor, but yes, try and take it with food or after you have had breakfast.

the other kind of drug is called a "calcium channel blocker".

barque, are you taking the extended release tablets or do you take it twice a day? that drug has a short half-life, meaning half of it is out of your system in 3-7 hours. that's why most people take the extended release version.

you mentioned throwing up and fainting in the mornings. this could have been due to nerves as i know things were not good for you as a child but, hyperglycemia is also a possibility. try eating a bowl of oatmeal before you go to bed. it has a low glycemic index, so your blood sugar will not spike and cause your body to produce insulin, plus it has fiber to keep your stomach feeling full longer. if you have a snack before bed of coffee and a cinnamon roll or chocolate or a piece of pie, your blood sugar will rise, your insulin will kick in and then your blood sugar will fall like a rock and make you dizzy, nauseous, edgey, maybe depressed.

i hope you get this straightened out!

jeannie
          WE ARE BT!
          "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
          "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
          "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Thanks Jeanne. It says: "Short half-life, therefore must be taken at least twice daily or as a slow-release preparation". I DO have to break up the tablets and take them frequently during the day since a whole one makes me pass out. I tried that ONCE then went to a half aand still did so it's down to quarters or chips now. I have no choice otherwise can't functiion at all. People IN hospital, Wiki said, actually die from overdose because doctors prescribe a whole tablet at once and no one monitors the patient for how it's affecting him/her. I think hospitals are dangerous places for the sick and weak. Doc gives an order, nurse carries it out no matter what. Try getting ahold of a doc when you are in there, good luck.

Man oh man do I wish some doctor could figure out what the heck is making me so sick, aside from this morning bp thing.

My insurance has paid over $60,000. so far on diagnostic tests and still I am sicker than I was when I started and no one has figured out what it is. I had asked for a stool sample culture in the beginning but the nurse just argued with me so here we are 6 months in and finally the doc decides to try it. If I could have ordered my own tests I'd have saved myself so much grief. I have had probably 25 blood tests, a colonoscopy and endoscopy with told us I had polyps, 5 removed and gastritis, 2 CT Scans, 2 head CT Scans, gallbladder, liver and pancreas ultrasounds. They did find I was hypercalcemic, which was screwing with my eyes, giving me hallucinations. Once I cut way back on the Tums and 3 days in hospital, that was corrected. Now I only have maybe 2 to 4 a day where as before I was eating up to 20 a day for heartburn. Now I take a Zantac once or twice a day, 75. A 150 gives me a stomach ache especially overnight. It wakes me up around 3 or 4 and I can't get back to sleep.
            Last edited by Barque; 10-02-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

There are many drugs for blood pressure, MAOI inhibitors, ACE inhibitors, beta blockers, calcium blockers to name a few. I use a combo lisinopril+hydroclorothiazide, its ACE plus diuretic.
              It helps to find the cause of your blood pressure trouble, mines hereditary, started when I was 23. Try new meds until you get one that actually helps.
              If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
              DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years. ADR c 5/6 Feb. 2018 doing well.
              Back to pain management, fibromyalgia getting worse.

Comment

I am actually debilitated by the bp med. My liife has just come to a halt. I am not living anymore I am just existing. I am at the mercy of doctors who really don't care what's going on with me. Can't actually TALK to a doctor, only to his/her "GateKeeper" NURSE. They all have them. They treat patients like wild animals the poor, weak doctors need protection from but when the doctor wants to have AT the patient he can do whatever he wants with impunity. This is NOT the kind of doctor I grew up knowing. Doctors are like trained rats now. They don't think or recognize the simplest problem. For SHAME!
                Last edited by Barque; 10-02-2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I am in same boat as you with the blood pressure meds. I take the generic for norvasc, cozaar, and metroprolol that one twice a day. That is to slow down my heart rate. My blood pressure was hight on Wednesday's trip to doctor. And I complained of shortness of breath. I have lost some of my toenails and what is left are dying and turning black. I told the doctor that I hated it as my hands are half dead now as well. So he ran some tests on me.

So far I have to be on oxygen at night. Haven't heard about the rest of the testing. I did some Thursday and Friday. Doctor called my home and cell number but I came home to late to call him bak. I was actually glad that I just have to use the oxygen at night, not all the time. :o.

What irritated me was that I had complained of not getting enough air in my lungs forever, every time I visioted. guess it took losing the toe nails to get his attention, LOL.

always something. Sure glad I never smoked. Cause sure guessing that would be the first thing thyey would ask me to stop. Lung cancer with daddy, no way.!! He smoked and was also a carpenter use to put in insulation some I am guessing also.

Good luck with all you medical issues Baraque.

Comment

Originally posted by joy View Post
                    I am in same boat as you with the blood pressure meds. I take the generic for norvasc, cozaar, and metroprolol that one twice a day. That is to slow down my heart rate. My blood pressure was hight on Wednesday's trip to doctor. And I complained of shortness of breath. I have lost some of my toenails and what is left are dying and turning black. I told the doctor that I hated it as my hands are half dead now as well. So he ran some tests on me.

So far I have to be on oxygen at night. Haven't heard about the rest of the testing. I did some Thursday and Friday. Doctor called my home and cell number but I came home to late to call him bak. I was actually glad that I just have to use the oxygen at night, not all the time. :o.

What irritated me was that I had complained of not getting enough air in my lungs forever, every time I visioted. guess it took losing the toe nails to get his attention, LOL.

always something. Sure glad I never smoked. Cause sure guessing that would be the first thing thyey would ask me to stop. Lung cancer with daddy, no way.!! He smoked and was also a carpenter use to put in insulation some I am guessing also.

Good luck with all you medical issues Baraque.
                    <<<----- Hahahaha joy. You misspelled my name and now it's the same as Barrak Obama. Hahahahahaha. I never noticed how close it is.

Also laughing about losing toenails? I lost ONE a few years ago when I dropped a huge mirror on my big toe and smashed it all to bits. The toenail fell off about 4 months later and that whole thing was no laughing matter. Pain is NOT funny. Look what these doctors do, make us make fun of our own misfortune or feel guilty or crazy or silly or stupid if we have an ongoing problem that they can't address or figure out.

Comment

sorry about the spelling. also sorry yours hurt you. mine doesn't me as my feet are already dead from the neuropathy.

Comment

No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it as an insult joy. Sometimes it's hard to say how we mean things but it wasn't in a bad way. More of a goofing around sort of way.

Comment

You are paying doctors a fee for a service, if you can't work with one get another. It's your right to choose a doctor who will actually help you. I've found that GP's and internists are the most helpful, also a nurse practitioner knows alot without the attitude.
                          If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
                          DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years. ADR c 5/6 Feb. 2018 doing well.
                          Back to pain management, fibromyalgia getting worse.

Comment

Just sending hugs and support!
                            Dx: Epilepsy; depression; chronic GERD and peptic ulcer disease; pelvis and spine damage from accident.

Comment

Believe I know nothing about blood pressure problems but I heard from a doctor on TV the there is a study out saying to take your medicine at night. It seem to be more effective. You may want to ask your doc about this. Good luck and I hope you start feeling bettersoon.

Dee

Comment

Working...
                              X