Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blood Pressure Adjusting Issue HELP!!!!

Distinguished Community Member

sorry about the spelling. also sorry yours hurt you. mine doesn't me as my feet are already dead from the neuropathy.

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Unhappy

No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it as an insult joy. Sometimes it's hard to say how we mean things but it wasn't in a bad way. More of a goofing around sort of way.

Community Member

You are paying doctors a fee for a service, if you can't work with one get another. It's your right to choose a doctor who will actually help you. I've found that GP's and internists are the most helpful, also a nurse practitioner knows alot without the attitude.
    If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
    DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years. ADR c 5/6 Feb. 2018 doing well.
    Back to pain management, fibromyalgia getting worse.

Community Member

Just sending hugs and support!
    Dx: Epilepsy; depression; chronic GERD and peptic ulcer disease; pelvis and spine damage from accident.

Believe I know nothing about blood pressure problems but I heard from a doctor on TV the there is a study out saying to take your medicine at night. It seem to be more effective. You may want to ask your doc about this. Good luck and I hope you start feeling bettersoon.

Dee

Distinguished Community Member

no worries Barque. it is good to see everyone posting.

Unhappy

I spoke to my NP/Nurse and told her about my problem and asked if it might be the med doing it. She suggested maybe we might try another one so I agreed. She prescribed atenolol. Is a similar Beta blocker but lower dose and fewer side efects. We'll have to see how it works out. Just a bit nervous about the transition period.
    Last edited by Barque; 10-10-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Distinguished Community Member Jo6's Avatar

Default Barque

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with your BP and the meds. I can understand, I fight that battle about all the time. It's never fun to start changing things around. My will not stay stablized. I guess it will always be that way.

You take care and be careful to keep a watch on it when you do change. I'm sure you already know this. Just take care anyway, ok? I'm old and bossy, mean no harm. I just hate so many have so many problems here, but glad we have BrainTalk!

take care, Julia
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Unhappy

I suspect I may have what's known as "Labile" bood pressure. It seems to wildly fluctuate. One minute I'm fine, the next I am close to fainting then I go high again. I wish I knew what causes this. It's really hard to plan anything since how I feel can change in an instant from ok to terrible. When I go out it can only be for a very, short time otherwise I increase the risk of getting into trouble out there.

I haven't actually been diagnosed with it, but from all the online reading I do it sure sounds like it.

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

barque ,

what about asking your doc about biofeedback? you learn how to stay calm about things and how to calm down when you are agitated by working with a machine and therapist that helps you with your thoughts and shows you how the machine tells you that your bp is getting lower. i think biofeedback works great for a lot of probs...maybe as an addition to meds to help control your bp?

jeannie
    Here's to good women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast