Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT October Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT October Chit Chat

Hi everyone,, so October begins,, this is 4 hours early,, sorry,,

fields being combined, and yesterday,, the wind blew hard, thus, we had field fires,, some lost their whole crop,, thats just sad,,:-(,, its so dry here, any spark from a combine, will set it off,,, we are few days out, getting the corn in,, working on beans right now,,

I am doing good, better then I was a month ago,,energy,, unbelieveble, balance is better,,, every little victory, as I call it,, thrills me,,, the girls told me,, in 4 months, I will see a major difference,, lets hope..:-)

Our Springer Annie, my babysitter,, she is real bad, she is old, deaf, can hardly walkl,, we don't have the heart to put her down,, she's family,,

later then.. keep on keeping on..

Peg
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member

Sal saw that I posted in the Fall thread and asked how I was doing. I decided to answer her here.

Celery, I'm doing fine. My sister-in-law from Texas is here for a three-week visit which is ending soon. Nearly two of those weeks she was staying with another brother. That allowed me to go to the wedding of a friend's son. Weddings here are rather elaborate and often trying, but this one was something of a dream. Unfortunately her return this week meant I had to cancel out going to another friend's get-together socializing.

We (SIL, other brother's family, DH, and I) had all been up in Kelardasht this past weekend. Rather rainy and chilly the first day, but much nicer the 2nd. I hate the trip there and back but enjoy the time up there. Now we are back to the heat of Tehran, but at least we no longer need the A/C.

Healthwise not bad. Nothing specifically MS related. There are things in the past I simply can't recall. Sometimes after a walk my feet are painful, though during the walk itself they are fine. I probably have arthristis: My finger joints can be painful and are starting to distort. I just can not commit myself to losing weight, but it's necessary.

All in all I'm okay. Everything else are just inconveniences.
    Last edited by Parsi; 10-01-2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Grammar mistake, but probably missed others

Community Member

Hi everyone, I usually post in the chronic pain board, but it's been slow there. I figure I'll just jump on here for a bit. The weather here (pa.) is just the opposite. It won't stop raining. It's only in the 50's here. The first time I couldn't wear shorts all summer. I do like fall, but hate our winters. I'm not looking forward to that.

I know what you mean about having to put your dog down. I had one that was 17hrs. old we had to put down. That was bad enough. Then the other dog, about 2yrs old got cancer and had to be put down. I think we are done with dogs now. We will just injure our grand kids (9) and their pets. That's all for now,hope everyone has a pain free day.

Distinguished Community Member

Hi burr, welcome to the forum and chat. Most of us in here have lived w some chronic pain so you are in some familiar territory.

My mom is in PA near Pittsburgh and has been telling me of their cold rainy weather. Usually it makes its way here but I asked her to send it out to NJ.

We have cats here, 3 by accident- we meant to have 2. Always 2 so that there is an "insurance" cat to cry with if something happens to the 1st.

Be well,
    ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 10-01-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Hi Peg, so happy for your stem cell therapy results and here's to more improvements for the future..

Parsnip, so nice to hear from you. It's kinda neat that you have an Iranian SIL visiting you, in Iran, from Texas!! Glad to hear that you are doing okie dokie MS wise. Lsing weight is such a pain when you can't exercise heavily I'm lucky just to maintain a little:o

Hi Burr, welcome, enjoy..I'm sorry for your pain.

Happy October Ann. I am considering cats, as DDoggy ages. I assume they would be easier for me to handle. But an adult little doggy is not out of the question. I lurve cats, but I'm really a dog person.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Talking

Hello October. Yikes!

Burr welcome. It's true shorts to long pants is a must. Pain sucks eggs.

Peg, dear one. I'm thrilled you are doing so well on your own treated stem cells. Keep it up and you will be brand new. I'm sorry to hear about Annie. Didn't you find another Springer to train?..since you are the dog/horse whisperer-woman.

Ann don't send me your Mom's rainy weather, we have enough already. (splash)

Parsi, so glad to hear from you. It's been a while. It was your birthday time I believe. You had a big cake and a party with pictures. I'm glad you have a nice time at the wedding. Also, I'm happy to hear how well your MS is doing. Are you on any treatment/meds? Take care and stop in more to talk to us.

Sally, how old is your D Doggie now? That white ball of fluff.

Okay where is everyone ? Check in time..

Lady

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hello October. Yikes!

Burr welcome. It's true shorts to long pants is a must. Pain sucks eggs.

Peg, dear one. I'm thrilled you are doing so well on your own treated stem cells. Keep it up and you will be brand new. I'm sorry to hear about Annie. Didn't you find another Springer to train?..since you are the dog/horse whisperer-woman.

Ann don't send me your Mom's rainy weather, we have enough already. (splash)

Parsi, so glad to hear from you. It's been a while. It was your birthday time I believe. You had a big cake and a party with pictures. I'm glad you have a nice time at the wedding. Also, I'm happy to hear how well your MS is doing. Are you on any treatment/meds? Take care and stop in more to talk to us.

Sally, how old is your D Doggie now? That white ball of fluff.

Okay where is everyone ? Check in time..

Lady in waiting,, good call, ya think ?,,hahaha.. we are planning on a springer pup, this spring,, I will train this one totally myself,, all we have is the black dog,, Shasta is her name,, she is a nice dog, but has selective hearing, and basically does what she wants,, Joe gets after her, I like her a lot, but she has a lot of pup in her,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Community Member

Hi All, thanks for the welcome home in the Sept. thread. All is ok with me. I am tired, have to have tests (EKG, Holter monitor) and my sinuses are driving me nuts, and my energy is gone since I've been babysitting my 15month old granddaughter twice a week or so. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE every minute...she's my reason to get up in the morning (and partly the reason I collapse into bed at night! LOL) She truly is a delight...I baby sat for 9 hours one day, slept for 14...

Weather here (in Canada at the moment) has turned quite cool the past couple of days. Hubby is in NJ but I'll be going with him around mid-Oct. I've been here without him for over a month now. It's hard being without him, even though the kids are here and they do make things not quite as lonely. Well, I hope everyone has a great October!

Lorraine:)

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WELCOME to Burr!

Lorraine, it's nice to see your posts. It sounds as if you're keeping busy enough to be at risk of overdoing. Hope you won't have to be on duty for such long stretches of time any more.

Parsi, it's always nice to hear from you too. Ever notice how some people's family commitments sound like a full-time job? You might be one of those people--in need of a social secretary!

Your families are lucky to have your continuing effort and good will, I think.

We have some brave people here--Peg with the stem cells, Lady with the CCSVI, just to name a couple that come to mind. I'm hoping and hoping that these treatments will bring about some improvements for those who've had them.

Peg, I understand about your dog. My cat is showing signs of age too (she's 14). She still has quite a few good times when she's happy.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

Hi Burr-
    Welcome.
    You sound a bit twisted.
    That's a really good thing.
    -r

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast