Thread: Hello again?

New Community Member

Default Hello again?

Wow, I've been absent for a while... I think it's a record, since 2006! But, look, I'm gone for a while and you all up and move! I feel like a kid in college who comes home to find out the parents moved!

How's everybody?!

New Community Member

So, what happens to all the historical posts? Just gone? :(

Distinguished Community Member

Default historical posts

Colloid cyst removed from 3rd ventricle endoscopically oct 07 shunt inserted late oct 07.

New Community Member

Default It's been forever....

Since I've checked in here. I sort of forgot, or didn't realize, that the whole website got a makeover. I sort of miss the old one.

I'm still plugging along---the short-term memory is still highly suspect, but I manage. I remember back to the immediate post-craniotomy days and recall how vulnerable I felt. That feeling of vulnerability has passed somewhat, but I'm still very aware of my memory deficits. I just look forward to the day when I can afford to "live in the moment", since that's what I'm best at these days.

Glenn

Good to see familiar names! All of you folks were such great people to share my recovery experience with. I've said it before, but thank you everyone for giving me a place to spill my thoughts during the ordeal. I am three years post-craniotomy. Have dropped nearly fifty lbs (diet / exersize) and feel great. As much as anything --- i think it has been eating right, getting in exersize to jump-start my days, and trying to get a good night's sleep, which have helped me feel, well .. sort of, like my old self again :o. It easily took 24 months to get through the toughest times. I kept kidding myself, by saying "I am 100% recovered now" -- when in fact, I struggled quite a bit early on. Anyway, things for me have been going very well. My short-term memory also continues to suffer at times, but like Glenn - I manage.

Cheers!

I'm still here and my head is doing great. If you've been gone since 2006 then you probably wont remember me.

I had a craniotomy for a colloid cyst in July 2007 and have now been cyst free for the last 4 years. Well tentatively cyst free since I have had no CT scans or MRIs for 4 years - not since OCtober 2007 when I had my followup after my craniotomy.

I will say this - my hair was black (mostly black) before the op, and it turned white (mostly white) within the first 6 months after the op.

Despite the fact that my head is doing great, I am unfortunately now battling other health issues. First my thyroid (I was diagnosed with Graves disease in 2010) and now more recently, excruciating arthritis pain in my knee - related to an old injury that occurrred in that knee over 30 years ago.