Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Longtime Member Publishes a Book, Coping with Chronic Illness Successfully

Distinguished Community Member

Default Very informative book!

Craig, I really enjoyed reading about your journey to diagnosis and how you have coped is remarkable. I could relate to so very much of your journey that seemed to parallel my journey. It is a great resource of information and I plan on "paying it forward" to the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America's lending library at the end of the year along with some other books on MS. This will give MS patients who might not be able to buy the book the opportunity to read it. This is a free service of MSAA whereby they will lend out books and even send you a prepaid bag to return the books to them. I have donated to them in the past as they are a worthy organization who really help people who have MS with practical assistance. I will reread it again and retain all the vital information in my resource folder. The book has a lot of information that other books don't have such as making plans for your future with a disability as well as planning your final arrangements. I'm working on my bucket list as well.

I like your Mickey Mouse cookie jar. I think we have decided to donate ourselves to Emory's Medical University. But....we may change our minds and just be "dust in the wind".

BTW, After taking an early disability retirement from Federal Civil Service having worked for 25 years, I re-invented myself and have a home-based travel agency which I have been operating since 1994. My daughter-in-law is the "Walt Disney World" expert. My last trip to Disney was in 2002 and I had to rent a wheelchair the second day.

Again.... Congratulations on a job well done.

Gabriella:angel:
    Last edited by Gabriella7; 10-26-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

Community Member NeuroNixed Craig's Avatar

Hi Gabriella!

All I can say is a heartfelt "Thank You," for giving me and the book a chance. Your comments and insights mean a great deal to me and I'm sure to many other people, both members and lurkers. You've demonstrated to me I accomplished my objective and that is to provide benefit and value to the reading experience from my book.

Ironically, after all of the planning and anticipation of my immediate family all going to Walt Disney World, staying at the Polynesian Resort for seven days, I was not able to accompany them due to my medical circumstances. It was the first time my personal doctor said "definitely not," because there was no way he could justify it in his professional and personal medical opinion. It just was not in my best interest both short term or long term, doing more potential permanent harm than good. Upon their return, my kid's and wife totally agreed with the decision.

Gabriella, thank you again for the great exchange of ideas and opinions in this thread because you caused me to think from several different perspectives which allowed me to "respond," versus "react" to your first post.

Again, with sincere gratitude and appreciation,
    NeuroNixed Craig
    Living Life On My Terms
    No Excuses No Regrets
    Richmond, VA, USA

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Hope your birthday yesterday was wonderful! For a while, I was concerned you might not see this birthday but, what a gift! YOU are a gift to us and so many and for that I am grateful.

Community Member NeuroNixed Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope your birthday yesterday was wonderful! For a while, I was concerned you might not see this birthday but, what a gift! YOU are a gift to us and so many and for that I am grateful.
    Thank you Cherie!

Although I was not as concerned about making to this birthday as I am dealing with my current circumstances, what's ahead and reaching the next. My main goal for next year is to attend my son's wedding in Columbus, OH in June.

As always, thank you for your support and concern, my friend.

Your friend,
    NeuroNixed Craig
    Living Life On My Terms
    No Excuses No Regrets
    Richmond, VA, USA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123