Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Longtime Member Publishes a Book, Coping with Chronic Illness Successfully

Community Member NeuroNixed Craig's Avatar

Thumbs up Longtime Member Publishes a Book, Coping with Chronic Illness Successfully

TOTALLY DISABLED FIRST TIME WRITER SHARES HIS LESSONS TO COPE WITH LIFE’S CHALLENGES THROUGH PERSONAL AND HUMOROUS EXPERIENCES

You know how you see some of the most successful and happy people are dealing with the most unbelievable challenges and adversities working against them? Then you find yourself asking, “If this guy is successful, happy and fulfilled dealing with his challenges, how does he do it?”

Craig Mattice - we know him as NeuroNixed Craig - penned a “slap-you-in-the-face and wake up” inspiring book titled, Evaluate, Adapt, And Overcome: Accept No Limits In Life, making you ask, “What is his secret of coping with so many adversities, yet he is enjoying life to the fullest?” Craig recounts his story of coming to terms with total disability and outlines specific advice that helped him along the way. He is a survivor going from highly physically fit as prior law enforcement, specially trained military and long distance runner, to dealing with doctors for almost 11 years before receiving a definitive, yet terminal diagnosis. He is also a survivor of a near-fatal brain stem stroke, yet he has continued to design his life by dealing with adversity through learning to evaluate, adapt and overcome.

Cover Thmbnail.jpg

Craig has coined a personal motto of Living Life on My Terms, No Excuses No Regrets. He has Para-sailed over 1,000 feet high, bungee jumped from a 140 foot tower by his ankles and even scaled the top final two tenths of a mile of a 10,000 foot mountain volcano in Hawaii using crutches, all since becoming disabled.

He generously shares his knowledge and experiences with others through his blog, on forums, the Internet and now writing this inspirational and motivating book. Craig demonstrates we have the power to control our response to adversity. His time is short, but that has not stopped Craig from Living Life on His Terms. 

How is This Book Making an Impact?

This book is actually making a difference in people’s lives who read it and get the messages contain within the covers. The responses to his book have been unbelievable judging by the comments received such as, “I couldn't wait [to get the book] and then I couldn't put it down!” “I LOVE your book! Don't think I've ever read anything that quoted Yoda!” 'I am reading your book for the second time! The frustration I am feeling with the medical community is growing everyday.....is it seizures? MS? Parkinson's? None of the above? All of the above? Your book HAS really helped me." “I just about spewed my Lucky Charms all over my keyboard as I was reading your ‘Sharing My Final Wishes’ section of your book.” “Excellent words, Craig! …… - And by the way - I am loving your book! [I] Had a hard time putting it down!" "My mother and I have read your book and believe me it had a very deep impact on us. We were unaware of all of the "fun" you were having during your doctor evaluation period." Finally, “I was laughing so hard while reading your book on the beach, the people next to me asked me to quiet down.”

I sincerely thank you and appreciate your time reading this post.

I thank Mike Weins and David for allowing me the opportunity to share my new book with you on the forums. I believe people will discover much of how we must live within the covers of the book, in addition learn new lessons from our perspective on life, possibly creating a paradigm shift in their thinking. I believe it is very important people have a better understanding of what we must endure and tolerate each day of our lives.

Peace be with you all.
    Last edited by NeuroNixed Craig; 09-25-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    NeuroNixed Craig
    Living Life On My Terms
    No Excuses No Regrets
    Richmond, VA, USA

Distinguished Community Member

Way to go, Craig! Congratulations and thank you!
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

WooHoo, Craig. I'm in the middle of reading it now, on my comfy little Kindle with the bigger print.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Default Preview the Book

You can go to Amazon.com and the site will allow you to review a lot of the book. Craig gives his prospective on how to live with his disease successfully and I admire his courage and determination in doing so. He doesn't have MS so the challenges are going to be different for each person. I wish him much success with the book. He writes his biographical journey and it is written in a motivational theme along the lines of other books which he has in his personal library.

I have more books written by women with MS as I feel I can relate to the problems that women have that men do not have. In that vane more men would probably relate to Craig's book.

Gabriella

I just read the book and enjoyed Craig's full of life account of his journey this far. I can't even imagine what it must have taken to write this book given your current level of disability. That in itself is inspiring, but the contents of the book are also. Many things to be learned from your experiences and how you are dealing with them. My thanks to you for caring about life and others enough to share this.

Virginia
    Virginia

Distinguished Community Member Abby2006's Avatar

Congratulations

Abby
    Stand for something or you will fall for anything

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Finished it Saturday and my review is on Amazon. I've "known" Craig almost since his first diagnosis in 2000 and met him for the first time in the Spring of 2003 when he was still able to get around quite well with his forearm crutches. He pulls no punches about the role of depression in one with a chronic illness, sleep deprivation, intractable pain. And he is encouraging about how to face it and manage it. It's a book that I think one will get something new from with each new reading.

You see...it's easy reading and can be read through quickly but in my opinion, it is a book that is well suited to a second, third or fourth read through.

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

Default Hoo rah

Congrats Craig! No 'fear of blank canvas' moments?
    I doubt it.

Great to hear this, Craig!:angel:

Congratulations, Craig.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast