Missouri School to Drug Test Entire Student Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri School to Drug Test Entire Student Body

Linn State Technical College, a 1,200-student two-year college just outside of Jefferson City, Missouri, plans to require all incoming freshmen to submit to mandatory urinalysis drug testing

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

How did it go, Christina?
    Lorraine (lor)

Comment

What's that Lor? The story was just for information purposes. Am considering keeping this thread more updated but I don't know how many actually view the archives without responding for privacy reasons or if people come and see nothing so leave.

Comment

Houghchrist - I fit were me, if at all possible, I would find another school as a mandatory U/A to go to school is to outragous to me. Athletes, Maybe, although I doubt they test for steroids. To me this is a invasion of my privacy and it is unprintable what I would tell them. Good luck, hope the Pain Monster is not being too bad - Take care.
        Blessings
        Alex44

Comment

Testing the entire student body!

I wouldn't test the entire body--I'd just test their brains!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not only would i find a differant school, I would tell them where to put the cup.
            Blessings
            alex44
            skypilot

Comment

what utter nonsense! guess they have too much money to spare in that school??don't misunderstand me-I'm certainly not advocating kids to smoke pot.

just realized how old this thread is. think parent's can buy a home testing kit nowadays right?

Comment

I will say it again - they know where to put the cup -
                Blessings
                Alex44
                Skypilot

Comment

You know Alex44, some things are just not worth getting upset over. When I started with my Pain Management Dr. I signed a contract. I read all the rules and regs. so it wasn't news to me.

My problem with the drug test is the cost!! I had one done a couple of months ago. I got a statement from the hospital, where they have thier blood and urine checked.

Well, I almost fainted when I saw the statement was for over 700.00 $. I thought the last time I did the urine test done it was almost 600.00$$. I don't know at the moment who I need to talk to about it, but I will find out .

My family Dr. does my complete blood panel once about every 3 months. they check for everything I can think of and it has NEVER been close to the test my PM does.

So, I didn't read the artical but I suppose I should. If it's a private school I would think they have a right to do what ever they want to do. I may be wrong about that, things change so fast I can not keep up with it.

So Alex, I'm not trying to pick a fight, just wanted to get that little tidbit off my mind! Our health care system is in a horrible mess and I see no end in sight.

I hope you are feeling better, Alex.

Jo
                  Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                  'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Jo6 View Post
                    You know Alex44, some things are just not worth getting upset over. When I started with my Pain Management Dr. I signed a contract. I read all the rules and regs. so it wasn't news to me.

My problem with the drug test is the cost!! I had one done a couple of months ago. I got a statement from the hospital, where they have thier blood and urine checked.

Well, I almost fainted when I saw the statement was for over 700.00 $. I thought the last time I did the urine test done it was almost 600.00$$. I don't know at the moment who I need to talk to about it, but I will find out .

My family Dr. does my complete blood panel once about every 3 months. they check for everything I can think of and it has NEVER been close to the test my PM does.

So, I didn't read the artical but I suppose I should. If it's a private school I would think they have a right to do what ever they want to do. I may be wrong about that, things change so fast I can not keep up with it.

So Alex, I'm not trying to pick a fight, just wanted to get that little tidbit off my mind! Our health care system is in a horrible mess and I see no end in sight.

I hope you are feeling better, Alex.

Jo
                    JO6 thank you for your reply and no, I take no offense to your opinion. I have NO problem with Being tested for pain management. What I don't understand is why they give you an instant read cup ($10-20 Dollars and then feel the need to send it out for a Gas Chromagraphy test at $800.- a pop. I am on medicaid and this much money could help a lot of people. I am fortunate that my plan covers this, they TRIED to bill me and I raised heck and I have gotten no furter bills since. sae with the schools. Yes, it is important for our kids to be drug free, but at what cost? Our schools are failing now - think of the cost involved with testing the whole student body ( no pun intended) and how that money could be used to further their education. all this teaches them is to bow to authority because they say so. I can see it for extracurricular sports, activities,etc, Sort of, but Kids and adults are systemically being stripped of our rights. How many people can tell me what the 1st.,2nd. 4th. 5th. and 14th amendments are in the bill of rights - Any Takers? Hope YOU are doing well Jo6 - Happy Holidays
                    Blessings
                    Alex44
                    Skypilot
                    Last edited by alex44; 12-04-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Looking back at this post, I say test the whole Faculty too. I am quite sure that there would be some positive results and in addition they should test for ETOH (alcohol levels in the blood that carry on for a week or so, I BET it would show up a lot of alcohol use - bunch of hypocrites, I would NEVER submit to an U/A in school, I got my degree and it was a non issue what you did on your PERSONAL time. Problem with MJ is that if you smoke regularly, it can take 3 to 60 day to clear your system and they use that fact to bash you - states where it is legal for medical, recreational use are supposedly out of the loop BS. They do not teach history or government or civics anymore, my belief is that the current generation has the right to question authority or that they have the right to. But they don't know that. because they are Not taught - I am old school and know my rights - do our young people - some do , but most don't. a shame that. Anyway, came across this old post and had to comment.
                      Blessings
                      Skypilot Steve

Comment

Hi Alex, as a patient I wanted to say that you need not worry, it is not just the young people. I see it every week an army of middle aged and elderly passing among the younger patients and they do know their rights and they are willing to fight for them. Here every dispensary, safe transfer points, and I think head shops are supposed to shut down around Dec. 15 until the local governments can get their heads outta their butts.

I hope you are faring well friend.

Comment

Working...
                        X