Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stem Genex

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default Stem Genex

ok,, I have a few minutes, before I get swamped again,, we sold dad's land, so paperwork, lawyers, and more paperwork,,

We flew down the 12th, with a pitstop to New Orleans, the plane from Dallas {we were on },to Miami, this man had a heart attack, he was sitting right behind us,,, 2 doctors were on, so they monitored him, then in New Orleans, paramedics, fireman, police, were on the plane, we were 2 hours later flying to Miami,,

Got to the Marriot, and, the 2 advocates called us, and said, they will meet us for braekfast, and talk to us,,Sophia, I totally liked her from the get go,, LiMonee, I did her too, but she had to fly back,, her dad, was critical,, sad ,,

Got into the clinic, and was greeted warmly by all, paperwork, filled out, then a meeting with the doctor, he was so nice and funny,,very comfortable with him,, then they asked if the film crew could film the treatment,, sure why not,, so the doctor, nurses , and the film crew, and me were in the treatment room,,

First they numb my tummy area,, { a shot }, made puncture holes on each side of my tummy area,, then got these big needles to draw the stem cell out,, doctor went in 5 times on each side, drawing out 5 liters each time,, it never hurt, he kept asking me, if he was hurting me,,, so then I was covered with gauze, into the cell room, waiting for the infusion,, which finally came 2 hours later, after they worked with it,, 30 minutes tops, it was over .. so basically I was there, 5 hours M/L,,

basically, I feel I am sleeping better, and balance is not off to much,, not a drunk duck, more like a drunk chicken,, so I was told too,, 4 to 6 months {or less, depends on the condition, of the disease}, I should see major improvement,, they say a positive attitude helps this,, and I do,,

so thats my adventure, in stem cell,,

Peg
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

How exciting, Peg. I hope this treatment works wonders for you and that your MS symptoms dwindle with time. (((Big Hugs)))
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Peg, thank you for the play by play on your trip to StemGenex. I am happy for you and hoping this will do the trick. Let us know of your progress, please.

Love and chocolate,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peg, this is so good to know about. I hope you're treating yourself to something special as a reward for getting through that experience.

Also hope you'll start noticing improvements soon!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

8. The following user says "thanks"

As ANN said, thank you for taking the time to post and let us know how you're doing. I hope the treatment works wonders and then some.

10. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

:) Thanks for the u[pdate. Have a wonderful;
    Birthday tomorrow Peg. Love, Jeanie :)

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

What an experience, Peg!

Please let us know how you get on, fingers crossed!

Where did 5L of stem cells come out of...and where was it injected back?

And it really didn't hurt?

Are there any side effects you need to watch out for?

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuzE-Q View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What an experience, Peg!

Please let us know how you get on, fingers crossed!

Where did 5L of stem cells come out of...and where was it injected back?

And it really didn't hurt?

Are there any side effects you need to watch out for?
    the stem cell came out of my own body, so no side effects noted, so far i haven't seen anything, out of the ordinary, no it didn't hurt a bit, a little discomfort, pressure, but very doable,,
    It was infused back into my body, but he did put some in my bad left leg, , and the thigh, to make it hopefully, move free[er}

I talked to them tonight, and they are happy with my report to them, and like I said, 4 to 5 months, to see any improvement,,, they will constamtly keep in touch with me..

Peg
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Peg, I really hope you see a big improvement in 4-5 months. This may be a vain question but if it came out of the stomach area do you see any decrease in size? I'm thinking 5 L is a lot isn't it? Insurance will not pay for this procedure will it? I have read cost in other countries of around $10,000. Is that correct? I just have many questions and if you don't feel like answering I do understand. Hope for the best outcome for you.

Gabriella

18. The following user says "thanks"

Gosh Peg, this is the most exciting news we have had around here in a long time. I am so happy that you are getting to try this - what hope it must be. It would really be thrilling for all of us, as well as you, if you had excellent results with this. We have watched while you have been through so many of the drugs and all to no avail.

Please post again when you feel like it. Don't want to be a pest, but we do all have an interest in this.

Virginia
    Virginia

20. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast