Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Have Y'all Read Craig's Book?

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Default OT - Have Y'all Read Craig's Book?

Craig Mattice - we know him as NeuroNixed Craig - penned a “slap-you-in-the-face and wake up” inspiring book

EXERPT.....
    You know how you see some of the most successful and happy people are dealing with the most unbelievable challenges and adversities working against them? Then you find yourself asking, “If this guy is successful, happy and fulfilled dealing with his challenges, how does he do it?”
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

Default Waiting?

Sal.......I'm waiting to hear how he does it! I have Craig's book in my cart on Amazon.com. I just ordered another book from Amazon which is written by Toni Bernhard and is supposed to tell me how to live in harmony with this damn disease I've had for 30+ years. The name of the book is "How To Be Sick-A Buddhist-Inspired Guide For The Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers".

I think I have every book anyone has written about MS.... but good for him. Maybe one day someone will find the holy grail.

UPS just delivered the book this morning (Thursday) so I'll be reading it over the next 2-3 days. I finished "Awkward ***** My Life With MS" last week. It is more of a tell it like it is autobiography written by Marlo Donato Parmelee. She doesn't mince words or try to sugar coat having MS. She has some informative videos on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/teslagirlm

Her baby is due this month (September) so she will be busy for a while. I'm looking forward to her second book.

Gabriella
    Last edited by Gabriella7; 09-22-2011 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Corrected information

Default What the duck?

In my previous post you will notice that the word that rymnes with Ditch is in ***** but my damn disease is still there.

Gabriella

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriella7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    in my previous post you will notice that the word that rymnes with ditch is in ***** but my damn disease is still there.:d

gabriella
    RoTfLmAo!!!!!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Thanks Sally. I promised Craig if it got published, I would read it. I'll be getting it soon. He is such a great guy. I'm sure people with any disease would enjoy his book. He has super writing abilities, wit, good humor and intelligence. Congratulations Craig.

Gabriella, you are too funny.
    Lady

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

I got the book yesterday in the mail. I was already reading one, but have now finished it, so Craig's will be next. I am looking forward to it.

Virginia
    Virginia

Default Laughter is the Best Medicine

We have all heard that one. My husband took one look at the latest book "How To Be Sick" and started laughing. I read his mind. I know he was thinking after 30+ years and I'm still trying to learn..... how to be sick?

Some of the material I posted (not really mine but stolen from Lewis Carroll) has been used in the writing of one of the books. Maybe it is a coincidence but I have often compared myself as feeling as if I am Alice in Wonderland living in the land of Oz with all the crazy symptoms that come and go. Of course I don't own the exclusive rights to Alice. That would be the estate of Lewis Carroll.

You know we certainly do have a lot of viewers or lurkers and I wish they would post so we would have more to read when we have insomnia and have to come here to pass the time. This board was one of the original boards that I came to in 2001 after my diagnosis so I am celebrating 10 years here. It was once a very active board and I hope to see it more active in the future.

Please don't post any political materials as that will really stir up the "rabble rousers" including me

Back to the Alford Hitchcock movie of the day "Vertigo" as I am bouncing off the walls.

Gabriella

Default Books, Books, and more Books

I have so many books that I am going to donate a lot to the Multiple Sclerosis Society of America. They have a lending library where you can order books to read and they even send you a return postage paid bag to send the book back.

I can save some money and pay it forward.......

Gabriella

Default Craig's Book

Hi Sal I forgot to add I don't need any book that is going to "slap me in the face and wake me up"

Gabriella

I just finished Craig's book and found it to be very "up" and a little like Sally said "a slap me in the face" kind of thing. He writes very well and certainly has some really good points in this book.

Virginia
    Virginia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast