Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: went to the dog shelter........oh my!

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pati I am glad you came to a decision and are good with it. It is work. I will tell ya all about my newest disaster later in the ES forum.

Linda I think I have gotten the fostering bug because I am bored out of my mind and when I see all the terrible things done to the helpless animals it makes me want to help. Yes the human race is becoming a despicable species. I am sick of people's "sickness" and they are the ones that think they're normal ha!

Oh you have so got that right I had to go pick my granddaughter up yesterday and coming back there was this little bitty dog running down the midle of the road, I turned on my flashers and followed it so it wouldn't get run over.

A lady going the other way did the same thing and we stopped and tried to catch it well it was scared to death of people but not cars, so this guy in a big rigged pick-em--up truck pulled up behind me called me every name in the book and on and on well when he found out he wasn't going to intimidate me he backed the heck off.

The dog finally got off the main rd. and when I turned in behind it the guy flew by flipping me off and cussing me out. Just have to share the love, I guess I made him late from getting home and popping a beer and his wife.

He is the type that would of went out of his way to have ran it over, human kind can be so cruel..

Linda

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Way to go Linda!

Did you ever watch a TV show with a big smile & couldn't stop? I'm watching "Too Cute" & it starts with newborn baby puppies (the shi tzu had to have a C-section but the lab had hers naturally). I think I saw part of it before & it will go on to show the lives of these puppies.

Did I tell you this one? The other day my DD & I were shopping at an outside mall & found 'this thing' on the ground (was it a real bird or a toy?). He moved so then we knew. He had a longthin pointy beak so I think it was a baby humingbird. I took out a hanky & Lisa picked him up & we put him in a flower bed (where should we put him we thought). We named him "Hummy". ---- I wonder how he is doing.
    Last edited by lor; 09-24-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

The 2 golden retreiver puppies in that show are "Lucy" & "Ricky". lol
    Lorraine (lor)

I haven't ssen the show but I know what you mean about watching with a smile on your face..

There wasn't much else you could have done for "Hummy" and that was good of you. Hopefully he got a good rest and went out to conquer many more beautiful flowers, no doubt in my mind he did one way or the other..

Distinguished Community Member

buttons did i get this right? you decided to NOT get a second dog?

yes you got it right Joy. I had an accident in the kitchen that was a reality check for me to not take on anything more.

what happpened buttons? did you burn yourself or what? It took me forever to learn I just could not pick up as much as I use to and I did that a few times before I knew I must quit or keep spilling hot stuff on myself.

I cccdo not feel up to taking care of Meanness moist of the time. I think that dog will outlive me some days. He is like some old grouch man expecting me to wait on him some days. He got really in a huff the other day. It was nice outside and I made him stay there so I could clean the den where he sleeps all day. He was so mad he would not eat that night, LOL. Right now he is shaking his head so his tags will rattle, that is so I will know he wants something.

Well food is still out from this morning. I guess he did not like my choice I fed him so he wants something else. Guess I had best see if it is that or if he needs to go outside. When he is gone, that's it for me. I want to just put out bird seed & nectar for the poor birds. Right now I am trying to fatten up the hummingbirds for their flight to warmer places.
    Last edited by joy; 09-29-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Distinguished Community Member houghchrst's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pati I hope you are okay?

Default I'm OK,my computer sure is not!

Jo, my email is not working. took me forever to get into BT.

I fell in the kitchen & landed on my face. no idea what happened. have a very black/purple eye & bruised hand. I feel lucky I didn't break my nose! so won't be taking on any more pets.

Lor,I caught part of an episode of "Too Cute",those puppies do bring a smile!

Joy,Meaness has been a good doggie,he does seem to do better than some of us eh?

Chris,would love to see more pic's of your critters!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast