Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ten years with coiling

Distinguished Community Member

Great news, after always having an angio every two years I'm now ready to advance to five years!!!!

Everything went as plan with no problems. I did tell the neuroradiloist (?) that he can't retire.lol

He has a ways to retire but I was afraid that he would retire early since he is the CEO of the company. He's done all of my angios. He also was one of the doctor's who saved my life. You can see why I want him as long as I can.

Thank you for caring!!!!
    Last edited by dawnmn; 09-22-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Oh Dawn, that is wonderful news, I am very happy for you! Woo Hoo

That is good news Dawn - so the first one is good and the 2nd one hasn't changed for you?

Do you know that there are so many folk who don't even get the Angio's? They just get MRI's

You got pull girl!

But - how are you feeling? Was it a long day in hospital and did they use anchors or just the sandbags?

Do you get the pain and twilight cocktail or do you do the Angio raw?

Would love to hear the details as things change all the time! Glad you IR can't retire!

My best
    Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Distinguished Community Member

Each annie is holding it's own. I don't know if they are occulded or not. I was just so happy to hear the five years that every question went out of my mind.

My IR wouldn't use the plug because he says he doesn't want to put anything more into the body. I did have the plug once and it hurt like crazy. I just rather laid there for four hours.

No, I get drugs. It just zones me out enough where I can hear his instructions and that's about all I can hear or feel.

They don't use sandbags either. Someone pushes down on the wound for 15 minutes,

I'm sure this sounds nuts but I would rather have the angio than the MRI or MRA. I can't stand the noise from the machine. Also, I also know for sure that no blood is getting into the annies. I think that all of the problems I had that they feel the angio is the best to look at mine.

I am the one that calls them first. They will call and schedule an appointment but I just never can wait so I call first and set up the appointment.
    Take care,
    Dawn

New Community Member

I had clipping, would not do it any other way.
    Everything went as smooth as butter.
    You will be fine.
    Praying for you.

Default Great!

That's great news Dawn! You must be so relieved to not have to go through that more often. And I'm right there with the plug! I had it once, under mild med and it woke me up from a sound sleep because it hurt so much. If I'm having coiling, I now ask for complete sedation and if they want to use the plug during that, that's fine. For the angios I don't mind laying there for hours. I actually enjoy the rest! :-)

Hang in there and keep living. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
    Heidi
    Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

I agree with Heidi :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12