Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT,, what do you like about fall ?

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT,, what do you like about fall ?

yeah, we have been hammered to death, with this question, so what DO you like about it ?

I love the trees changing colors,, not so much raking them, we have a big yard with lots of trees in it,, tractors getting crops out,,{ I am a farmers daughter}, Garden getting done,, getting things ready for winter,,,riding my horse thru the timber, spotting wildlife, like deer, eagles, raccoons,etc,,other then that, waiting for the weather to change,,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

I like that it's cool enough to get outside and clean out the gardens and plan. I like it that I have more energy when the temperatures drop. I like it that the tourists have gone home and I can get anywhere in town in 5 minutes instead of 20. I like it that you no longer have to pay to get into the beaches and it's still warm enough to swim. I like it that the local eateries start running 2 for 1 dinner entrees once the summer crowd has gone. I love the crisp smell in the air and the changing colors of sky and land and sea. I love that I can start to use the stove and oven to prepare food without fear of overheating the house.

Distinguished Community Member Jeanie Z's Avatar

Smile

:) Fall??? In South Florida we do not have Fall. It is going to 90 today with a humiture near 100. We have had Christmas day in the high 80's before too. We should get some cooler weather after the first of the year. I do miss the leaves changing like in North Florida when I was a child. David has to mow the grass all year. But all the snow birds who come down for the Winter love our warmth. People here go in the ocean year round. Jeanie :)

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What I like about fall especially is that it's not summer or winter. I can count on the weather to be all right. It probably won't be too hot or too cold, and there won't be any ice or snow, at least not until late in the season.

This means I can go places and do things--and have more energy. And I enjoy the glorious colors as the leaves turn!
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Not only is the weather cooler, which is good for my MS symptoms, but it's a beautiful visual and a time for memories. Fall flowers, pretty falling leaves, gorgeous colors, grade school/high school memories, boyfriends/girlfriends, fall clothes colors, friendships, fun dances and parties....etc.....
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

I like the bright and fresh autumn air (stimulating.)

New Community Member

Yay....crispy new TV shows! I'm pretty tired of reruns and my summer shows are over, or wrapping up. (My TV doesn't cool off, it's on almost 24/7). Thank goodness I can tape one/watch one so I don't miss too many of my faves.

Distinguished Community Member

The temperatures not being too hot or too cold to be relatively comfortable all the time. The colors and also getting to change out of summer clothes into fall and winter things. I do a lot of ironing in the summer, but do not have to do too much in the fall and winter.

I am glad I live where the seasons change, except that it would be nice to live in perfect MS weather all the time.

Vriginia
    Virginia

Thumbs up

I don't like the trees to go bare or the grass to turn ugly yellow and almost die. :ambivalence: Yet I love all the windows open and the fresh cool air coming into the house, blowing the sheer curtains. I sleep so well in the fresh smelling, lower temperatures.

We had to put the A/C back on tonight. I am sweating (never did before) and I don't like it. It has been years since I was sweating. I used to just get over-heated. Now my body trie to cool itself off.

It is lovely to go out places and toss a sweater in the car in case the temp drops at night. We have a week of rain coming, so it is humid again too. Gary want some rain?

I have a new computer and don't like all the new stuff on it. More than I'll ever use. All the bells and whistles.

Once I get organized again, with this computer, and the weather clears, it will be yard clean up and trim the shrubs and plants to nice shapes.

That's about it.
    Next person
    Lady

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

Distinguished Community Member Abby2006's Avatar

The vibrant colors and fall is when my Birthday is.

Abby
    Stand for something or you will fall for anything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast