Thread: Mark N. or anyone - Why can't I find the place where I can compose my signature?????

Default Mark N. or anyone - Why can't I find the place where I can compose my signature?????

OK, I've got things to do...I've spent the last 10 to 15 minutes or so looking to see where I can add a signature to my posts? I see the box where you check if you want to include your signature, but , for the life of me, I can't find where I go to actually compose the signature??

Anyone, please help!! Thanks
    My avatar is of my daughter, Andrea, who we lost in a fire on 1/18/11

** Hx of an L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in April 2002 and taking daily pain meds;
    ** proud Grandma of three grandchildren, Angelo, 11/11/05, and Julianna, 1/3/08, and Penny, 6/20/13

Hello!

At the upper right hand corner of this page way up at the top where your name is you will see "SETTINGS".

Click on that and it will take you to the settings page. On the left hand side of that page, under "Settings" and "My Profile" you will see "Edit Signature". Click on that.

You will come to a page that has a white box with "Save Signature" and "Preview Signature" underneath it on the bottom right. Write your signature in the white box and click on "Preview Siganture" to see what it will look like. You can keep tweaking your signature until you like it. Then make SURE you click on "Save Signature" when you are happy with your signature. It should appear right away if you have made your 11th post.

If you have any problems writing your signature, please pm a moderator or admin.

Added: I see you have only 7 posts right now. You must have 11 posts before your avatar and signature lines can be posted. Keep posting!
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 09-16-2011 at 07:15 AM.
    Moderator #7

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Actually, Mod, I still couldn't find the signature, avatar, etc, editing, and then I happened on an info thread by Mike Weins that explained it all --

YOU HAVE TO BE A MEMBER FOR AT LEAST 30 DAYS OR HAVE 11 POSTS TO UNLOCK THIS FEATURE ~~

Meanwhile, I fooled around and fooled around with the 'Edit Profile' area that now, next to my name in the top righthand corner, it no longer says 'Settings', but 'Profile'. I assume that won't matter once I have enough posts :ambivalence:

** proud Grandma of three grandchildren, Angelo, 11/11/05, and Julianna, 1/3/08, and Penny, 6/20/13

Distinguished Community Member

Default welcome

it's good to have you back. yes, i think some of the changes are a pain, but from what i hear, it is being done to cut the spam load so..., anyway I hope things are going well for you and I hope Tom is home and doing well.
    Blessings
    Alex44

Distinguished Community Member

SmilingAngel, I think you have the idea right. Once you have the post in you will be able to change your signature. I am glad the moderator answered and you also found Mike's post on the question.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

As you can now see, I have over 10 posts, and, suddenly, my avatar and my signature appeared like magic! I wasn't even sure that that type of stuff from the old forum would have been saved, but all of it was! I didn't have to reconstruct the signature or get the avatar, they were the ones I had on the old forum! Mystery solved!