Thread: New Board is "AWESOME" and Great to See People I Recognize

Community Member NeuroNixed Craig's Avatar

Default New Board is "AWESOME" and Great to See People I Recognize

I've been stopping by off and on when I've had the chance to monitor the renovation of the website. What a fantastic job Mike, David and the others on the team have accomplished. I can't wait for things to slow down a bit so I can come here and get back into the discussion and play with all the new toys.

I've been so overwhelmed with the impact of my new book release it has been unbelievable. Writing about chronic illness, dealing with doctors and a whole gamut of other subjects was challenge enough, but nobody tells you about all the stuff that happens after the book is published that you have to do especially if people like it.

I had to smile this morning looking through the threads because there is so much I no longer understand dealing with MS, neurological diseases and the massive variety of meds now available. It was very heart warming to see names of people I recognize from even way back when I joined who were responsible for assisting me and guiding me in the right direction. People like agate, dagaz, Gabriella, SalpalSally, Lady, Cherie, lady_express_44 and so many more.

Interesting, the number of threads and posts dealing with the same subjects, yet that's the beauty of this forum there is always someone willing to answer and help with respect and honesty. I think there were only a few times I felt really stupid and even then, I successfully accomplished that on my own and people still understood. I've progressed with my disease to the point I no longer recognize what used to be familiar information, I have to keep copious notes when doing anything on the computer when learning something because if I screw up - which is often and big time - I don't remember how I did it and have to relearn it all over again. I'm still learning to become proficient using speech recognition software. My brother bought me Dragon Naturally Speaking. I don't think the software believes I speak "naturally" from day to day depending on how I feel.

As before, coping with all aspects of these pervasive challenges every few hours as they come and go. My only routine, especially sleeping, is no routine.

Catching up will be an educational experience along with learning all of the new attributes of the website. You all are in my thoughts and prayers as we all continue on our individual journeys.
    NeuroNixed Craig
    Living Life On My Terms
    No Excuses No Regrets
    Richmond, VA, USA

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Welcom back wonderful person! I'm about half way through your book. I don't think it was wise to take it to the mechanic to read while my car was being worked on . Too many interruptions. Will have to review what I have already read.

Distinguished Community Member

Craig, welcome home. I remember that you were writing a book, but did not know it had been published yet. How do we go about getting copies?

So sorry things have become so cumbersome for you. However, I have to say I have never seen anyone with more perseverance, or a better attitude than you have. I wish that we all could be like that. But as individuals we are all different.

I am so glad that such things as speech recognition software have come along so that you can come play with us more often.

Keep us informed about what's going on with you.

Virginia
    Virginia

Default Congratulations on the book!

Hi Craig, Is your book available on Amazon.com? What is the title? I can relate to all the problems you are having. I'm having problems with my computer at the moment and can't fix it but with my son's help maybe I can tomorrow.

Good to see you back on BT. This is a great bunch of people who are easy to communicate with and understand without being judgmental. After all we're all on the same journey just taking different paths to live the best life we can.

You are an inspiration.....I buy all the books on MS and have to read them more than once but I always come away with new information each time.

Gabriella

Community Member NeuroNixed Craig's Avatar

Thank you all for remembering me and your warm comments of support. Regarding my book, it is now published and released, available through all of the major online sources. Should you like specific information and direct links, I will be happy to share them through PM so as not to violate any of the Forum Guidelines or Terms of Service. Virginia and Gabriella, I've responded to you both personally already.

I don't remember if I shared the fact I took my wife on her lifelong dream vacation to Hawaii. Rather than fly from the east coast round trip to Hawaii and deal with the jet lag and time changes, I booked a 14 day Princess cruise from LA round trip and it was actually less costly. Again, I can't remember if i did share that experience with you and I paid a very high price physically and psychologically as a result. I have several sources with photos and would happy to share the specifics on how I literally "managed to cope" daily to get through while providing the best possible experience for my wife. We are all aware there are always serious consequences for our actions so just think about traveling, excursions, and all that is involved.

I look forward to things slowing down a bit for me so I may become more active on the medical and neurological boards and forums.
    Last edited by NeuroNixed Craig; 09-16-2011 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Fixing stupid stuff.
    NeuroNixed Craig
    Living Life On My Terms
    No Excuses No Regrets
    Richmond, VA, USA

Craig, I did see the link to the sharing of your adventure and pictures of the Hawaii vacation. It was one of the few times I have checked in in the last few years. It did sound like a dream. And I did remember you mentioning that it was difficult for you.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Hi Ya Craig!! So nice to see you here.:)

P.S. I just put your book, Evaluate, Adapt, And Overcome, on my Kindle!!!
    Last edited by SalpalSally; 09-17-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome back, Craig!

And congratulations on your book! Anybody who writes a book has achieved something important, and it was probably helpful for you to put your feelings about MS into words. I hope you'll have brisk sales!
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.