Help for Foot Drop Sufferers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help for Foot Drop Sufferers

Mike Weins kindly gave me permission to share this hyperlink (from Foot Drop to Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...) with folks suffering from Traumatic Brain Injury. TBI can cause two very limiting conditions: Foot Drop and Hand Dysfunction. Bioness, Inc. offers advanced medical devices to help with these effects of partial paralysis. The award-winning NESS L300 Foot Drop System and NESS H200 Hand Rehabilitation System use gentle electrical stimulation to prompt foot lift and hand grasp and lift. Both non-invasive, FDA approved, therapist-endorsed products are demonstrated, and videos of patient success stories are shared on Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register....

I found another version of this that goes lower on the leg. Someone suggested it to me because my CP makes me drag my feet a little. The only reason I didn't get it is because it freaked me out that it wasn't water proof and you have to take it off if it rains.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

My TBI was a childhood brain tumor that was resolved nearly 35 years ago, that has left me with some spasticity and left-sided hemiparesis affecting my arm and leg.
      My foot drop has evolved over the last 35 years. I've learned to accommodate it. However over the last 5 years, I've had a few falls and resolved to find a something therapeutic, not just orthotic.
      I considered the Bioness device, but settled on the Walkaide( Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...).
      My progress after only 5 months has been very good.
      The cost is ~$5K vs. ~$8K for the Bioness.
      There is a recurring cost for electrodes(~$40 for a 4 pack - 2 pair)
      Also it was not covered under my insurance(only in cases of spinal injury).
      Working with Hanger was a positive experience. I was able to trial the device for 4 weeks for a nominal cost, before deciding to purchase. They also brought in a regional technician from Chicago to help tune the walk-stimulation cycle to fit my fast gait.
      I am really looking forward to 1 year progress.

My only issues are with lower leg edema, and skin irritation under the device's buckle.

Comment

I also had good experiences with Hanger. The AFOs are very well made!
        Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
        My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Working...
        X