Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: DLA

  1. #1
    Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006

    Default DLA

    Do you know if/think I could get DLA (disabilty living assistance) You have to in some way not be able to get arround or hold a full time job (I read). Epilepsy keeps me from driving (getting arround). I don't know if I could hold a full time job because of seizures once & awhile. Luckily my husband was around when I was getting out of the shower because I started to fall, broke the curtain ring & he caught me. What if meds control some seizures? (the amount you recieve is based on the amount of help you need. If I didn't take lamictal I would have grand mal seizures. I still have complex partials. If I can't get DLA can I get money for my expensive meds?
    Lorraine (lor)

  2. #2
    Distinguished Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006


    Hi Lor,

    Depending on the amount of sz. you have each month you may be able to get DLA. You would have to go to court to prove that you are disabled and have to see state Drs. as well as get written statements from your Drs.
    that are treating you for epilepsy. Often a person may have to go to court 2-3 times before the judge makes a final decision and they will have to do an update on the case every so often. I'm not sure if this would cover for the
    costs of you AED's I know that if a person is injured on the job then they will have to cover for any medicine or medical exams under workmans componsations insurance. The best thing for you to do is call a lawyer who deals
    with disability cases and take it from there. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

BTC Inc's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy

The material on this site is for information & support purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice provided by a licensed health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything that you find online.