Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New forum mini faq ... will be added to over time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New forum mini faq ... will be added to over time.

#1 Why can't I have an avatar, profile picture, signature, post images, post links, send pms, send emails?

Answer: New users are locked out of these features as part of spam reduction. Once you've been registered with BrainTalk Communities for 30 days and have made your 10th (or higher) post, then these features will be unlocked.

#2 Where are all of my old posts?

Answer: The old posts have been archived. It was not possible to carry them over to the new forums. You can read all of the archives at Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

#3 My favorites/bookmarks are all broken can they be fixed?

Answer: Yes. Open your favorites/bookmarks tab, right click on the one you want to "fix". In the properties look for /forums/ and replace it with /archives/06_11/

#4 Where are the old smilies?

Answer: The old smilies and all available smiles can be found in the following link. Please be patient as it might take a little longer to load than a regular page. Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

#5 What is the Moderator Connection Forum?

Answer: It is a forum where members can ask questions about moderation of their account where all of the admins and mods can discuss the action(s). It is not a place to discuss mod/admin action on other peoples accounts. You can also request moderator action to your own threads/posts that are past the self editing time frames. Finally it is to be used by suspended users to get a more thorough explanation on why they were suspended and/or to appeal their case.

#6 How does the center button work in the advanced editor?

Answer: Please see the following thread for examples on using the center button and the center ubb tags. Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

#7 How do I change how the forum looks (aka how can I change the forum style/skin) ?

Answer: To change your style follow these steps...

In upper right corner click the "settings" link
    Find the "general settings" link on the left side and click on it
    Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for a section titled "miscellaneous options"
    Find the section titled "forum skin" and click on the arrow to the right of your current style name
    Pick a style
    Click the "save changes" button

You could also use the "quick style chooser" at the bottom of any page.
    Last edited by Mike Weins; 05-09-2013, 10:51 PM. Reason: Added mini faq #7
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Added mini FAQ #4
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 12-07-2014, 07:39 AM.

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Added mini FAQ #5

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Added mini FAQ #6

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Increased the number of posts needed to reach "Distinguished Community Member" to 100 like it was in the old forums.

EDIT: Added new user group called "Community Member" which members will be auto promoted into after being registered for 30 days and making 10 or more posts. Changed required number of posts to reach "Distinguished Community Member" to 100 to match what it was in the archives. Community Members will be auto promoted into Distinguished Community Members on their 101st post or within 24 hours of making the post depending on when the system runs the script to update post counts.
          Last edited by Mike Weins; 04-25-2012, 01:22 PM.

Step 1 - log in

Comment

The following tabs open in a new window;

Calender
            vB FAQ
            BTC Inc TOS
            Private Messages
            Archives

The following tabs open in the same window

Home
            Forum
            Arcade

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Added #7 to the mini faq

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Working...
              X