Thread: MS Mice are still being cured

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Default MS Mice are still being cured

This looks promising for us, sometime in the faraway future, I imagine. A chemical compound Indazole chloride that can be taken orally and both reduces inflammation AND remyelinates:

http://ucrtoday.ucr.edu/25997

2. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

More astounding mice!

I'm not knocking the research. The journal this study appeared in, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, is highly respected.

It's just that I'm reminded of a comment a member of this board made years ago, when there was another post about remarkable results involving mice. She said something like, "Those mice have been leaping out of their wheelchairs for years" and she went on to say that she no longer found this news so very encouraging.

Her user name was mmcc and I'm sure many here remember her even though she hasn't been around in a while.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SuzE-Q's Avatar

Agreed, Agate, I don't get excited over mouse studies either, too far away from being anything to us. I wish the news wouldn't pick up on this stuff either, I get tired of calls from well meaning friends about the latest "cure" that they heard about on tv. I like this research because it builds on the pregnancy remission phenomenon that we've known about, but hasn't been parlayed into a good treatment yet.

Yes, I remember mmcc well, she always had great research and was good at discussions -I learned about Stu's News and Views from her. Always very level headed and thoughtful and helpful. Mary Casey Darden also brought tons of research back a long time ago. And Joker and HardyHarHar brought the laughs.
    Last edited by SuzE-Q; 12-02-2014 at 12:46 AM.

6. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Remyelinates is a biggie!!! That has been the shortcoming of all other treatments. Thanks for posting it.

I got to meet Mary years ago.
    Last edited by Howie; 12-02-2014 at 09:51 AM.
    Roswell was a gift.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Ahhhh the good ole days.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"