OT November Chit Chat II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT November Chit Chat II

Ok,, I debated how to handle this, so is it okay if I start a new thread ?,, so many pages on the udder 1..

Gary, 8 inches plus it sounds like ?,, wow,, we have up to 4 inches tomorrow,, yikes,, to early for this, and some farmers still have crops in the field yet..

I am doing good,, am determined to get back what I lost since last November when I got real sick,,..

so take care,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

It was getting pretty long, and the month will be half over tomorrow. Good timing Peg!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't care one way or another whether the thread gets long or gets divided.

There are some who do care. I just don't know what a person can do then except use your best judgment, Peg.

I think of the thread-starter as "in charge of" that thread in a way but that's just my view of it.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Good idea Peg.

My wife drove down to talk to her brother and sister. Decide who gets what meeting. So far so good
        no arguments.

We are not supposed to get above 23 deg all week so the 12"+ will be around for awhile low temp foe tomorrow is 6 deg. Oh myyyyyyyyy.

Comment

It really doesn't matter to me how many pages there are, because,
          I'm set up for forty replies per page. I was only on the 3rd page!
          Sometimes it messes things up, to start a new page, right in the
          middle of a subject/convo. Maybe a warning, so peeps may reply
          to the old thread and/or a link on the new thread, back to the
          old thread?
          Last edited by SalpalSally; 11-15-2014, 08:43 AM.
          Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

If you are on the page......Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... and look on the column that says last posted by follow it down to the line of the post you want to read.......you will see a members name and a time that they posted next to the date (today if they posted today)......next to the time of day they posted you will see a tiny square with 2 really tiny arrows in it. If you click on the arrows it will take you to the last post in that thread. You might need to scroll up and down to see everyone that has posted, but at least you wont need to start at the beginning every time you want to read that thread.

There are lots of times I want to lurk and not necessarily sign in to read posts or scroll through the entire thread especially Chit-Chat Thread since it can get to be several pages.

Peg, there is a lot of low moisture corn in the fields. It is unusual for us to get this much snow so early. Normally they will be finishing up combining by Thanksgiving. Some of it may have to wait until spring. It always looks funny to me to see onion and sugar beet plants sticking up from the snow. These are for seed production and they take 2 years to go to seed. First year everything goes into the bulb and 2nd year it goes into producing seed.

Sun is shining and you could get snow blindness today. Looks beautiful from the window because it has warmed up to 15 deg. So I think I may just stay inside. I did put heaters in the motorhome as I forgot to winterize it. I am hoping that it wasn't too late. After it was warmed up I drained everything and did not see any leaks. I have it rigged up so that you can use gravity to drain everything and you just have to put antifreeze in the drains. The bottle says that it does not have any odor or flavor but we can taste it even when it has supposedly been flushed out.

I even winterized the underground sprinklers before it got cold! Now if it will melt off and dry a little I could get the leaves off the yard.

Comment

Hey there! Dad is still with us. Still not eating much at all and with very little activity and more pain but won't take the extra morphine that is offered.

Busy week here getting ready for tomorrow's concert. Extra rehearsals. Dress last night was 4 hours long with orchestra. Today we rehearsed for an hour and a half then put on a 2 hour concert and tomorrow will be the same. My legs are really talking to me with all of the standing.

We had a dusting of snow yesterday but it is hovering near the freezing mark and sunny today. All of the trees are bare except the red maples which still have most of their leaves and are glorious to look at .

Comment

Guess I must have missed something about the concert, Cherie. Are you singing? I believe you're a soloist, or do I have that wrong?

Anyway I hope the concert goes well!
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Sunday Giggle!!

Love, Sally

Comment

WHAT WAS THAT? Oh...it was just a pin dropping.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

If it seems to quiet for you, Howie, why not think of this place as the quiet center of all good things? A refuge from the stormy world of the Internet? If there aren't many people flocking in here just now, then you have a blank check--all of the space here for you to say whatever you want....

You can write about your trip to the beach:

Or your ride in a car:

Or that document that never fails to interest and even entertain people, your MRI report....

The possibilities are infinite.

Comment

Wake up, Howie!!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

zzzzz zzzzz zz huh...what's all that noise....VICKY!!!!

Well, I'll use Joan's technique to get relaxed...oh, I have a good one to tell....once, when I was...zzzzz zzzzz.....

Albert Einstein

Comment

Woke up this morning to about 4 inches of snow..
                            I wasn't expecting it, but it sure is pretty. Glad I don't
                            have to go anywhere.. A lot of school closings, but my
                            Grands only had a 2 hr delay. I think their buses were
                            at the ready for it. The sun is out some, but so cold, I
                            doubt much will melt? No ice, just a nice deep snow.
                            Last edited by SalpalSally; 11-17-2014, 10:13 AM.
                            Love, Sally

Comment

Woke up this morning to fog and a balmy 2 degrees BELOW ZERO this is January weather not November. It is supposed to warm up to above freezing this week end. Until then it is a deep freeze out there.

I still am not impressed with the heat pump system in our new house. I wish I would have put in a wood pellet stove as well. Maybe it is me but the heat from wood just feels different. The heat pump has trouble getting above 67-68 deg. But that is 67 deg. about the outside temp so I shouldn't complain.

We are still dealing with MIL brokerage company. They are sure salesman. I have a discount firm that we use. We just don't have enough to justify a full service company. I have trouble with pushy sales people. I wish I could just email them and not have to talk to them.

Cherie thinking of you and your family. Remember over doing it is going to cause problems that over shadow what ever you were trying to accomplish.

Keep warm everybody.

Comment

Working...
                              X