Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT November Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT November Chit Chat

Hi everyone,, its 4 hours early, but I wanted to do this,, sry..

trick and treaters,, we had a few,, a guy, who went to school with my son's brought, his brood out , 8 kids under the age of 14.. wow,,,they were so cute and well mannered,,

I am doing good,, PT and OT are here at the farm, twice a week, they said I am way ahead of their game plan for me,,and add more like pullies,,,,

weather getting colder,, they say in our area ,, we are in for a snowy/cold winter this year..

other then that,, all is good at the tar paper shack, on a dirt road,,

and thinking of Gary at this time,,
    Last edited by Pegakafarmgirl; 10-31-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: forgot
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Peg, don't say the S word. We don't allow it here in the southern part of heaven. It makes me feel good that you are feeling good. Keep it up.
    Roswell was a gift.

4. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

We had 54 trick or treaters tonight, well fewer than our usual 80 or so. But it started raining around 6PM and the temp dropped from mid 50s into upper 30s by 8 so it was not ideal weather. Flurries are potentially in the forecast for this weekend.

David and I are headed to Upstate NY Sunday after breakfast to be with my parents. Hospice brought in an electric lift recliner today which Dad can access easier than his regular chair. Mom is no longer suggesting he push himself to the table to eat meals and she is even emptying his foley bag now much of the time since he's fallen the last two times he stood in the bathroom to do so. The pain patch seems to be making him a bit more comfortable but he is still needing Morphine for breakthrough 3-4x/day now. My sister Jean (who is the only sibling that lives near me) tells me if I go up, I need to do so as a daughter and not a nurse. That really angered me tonight , for some reason. He as very competent nurses caring for him so this is probably the first time in the past 2 and a half years that I am able to go only as daughter and not manager of care plan. I am so tired......

New sleep med is not working and the side effects from the fillers are getting worse by the day with sticky cloudy contacts, eyes stuck shut in the morning, GI symptoms and now a yeast infection (haven't had one in years). But Medicare knows best about what we need for meds...knows far better than our docs know. Appeal is in progress. Although I got my Rebif today at 0 copay, I also got a letter from Medicare saying that they need preauthorization to send any more med my way and proof that I need financial assistance with the $1900/month copay. Here we go again.

Thinking of Gary and Trish as they mourn the loss of Trish's Mom unexpectedly this week.

Hope all of the rest of you are managing. It is great to hear how well you are doing Peg!

6. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Sally, thought I would just drop by for a minute before going to bed and saw your last post. That thing is so creepy I probably will not sleep tonight.
    Virginia

10. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That spider is truly magnificent, Sally! I hope Virginia can recover from the sight of it.

It's that wonderful time of year again. Tomorrow night we get an extra hour--or at least those people lucky enough to be on Daylight Saving Time.

MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

12. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Rainy and cold here in the spud state.

I am working on MIL bills and paperwork my BIL is doing the life insurance stuff. My wife had set up a sewing area for her in the sewing palace so she has been walking in there and walking back out again and again. Last night after she went to bed son went in and backed up Grammy's sewing things and stacked them in the built in cupboards.I had to do the hardest this I think I have ever done. I had to empty her purse. In 30+ years I have NEVER even looked into my wife's purse. I needed some paperwork but after taking all day to move it onto my desk it took another day to "get around" to looking into it. When my dad passed away we knew it was coming and he had been so sick basically bed ridden for several months that I wanted him to go. One of the reasons (not the only one) that my sister and my mom still don't speak to me is I told them that dad would be furious if he knew what we were spending a day to keep his shell alive.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't cause problems with the ole MS, stress and having to wean off all my meds.

14. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Good luck, Gary. Insurance companies really suck sometimes.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Gary, take care of yourself.
    Roswell was a gift.

18. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gary, it must be sad to be going through your MIL's belongings.

And coping with that Medicare/Social Security problem on top of everything else...

Is there an energy assistance program there? You might be able to get some help from it.
    Last edited by agate; 11-02-2014 at 05:27 PM. Reason: fixing typo
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

20. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast