Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Good To Be Back

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Lor,

You got me laughing good when your DH asked a guy to go to a ham auction (hamfest) and the guy saide: "I don't like pork. " I laughed so hard that I almost had tears coming down my face. I think it's great that your FIL was a
    ham radio operator. I've been into ham radio for almost 20 yrs. now. I'm sorry to hear that he had to take his antenna down. I sure wish all of us lived closer to each other I think it would be great if all of us could get together like
    they do for a class reunion. I sure know we could share a lot of common things. MY FIL and Father are into NASCAR races also. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi everybody, it's so good to be back up, kinda hard being a newbie again I'm kinda awkward and I miss my signature. Hey I notice the talk about Ham radio. I know very little about it but I remember helping my sister-in-law put up this HUGE tower in her back yard some years back and everywhere she went she had this huge walkie talkie like radio strapped to her belt. She was seriously into Ham Radio.
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
    Helen Keller
    See my story at
    www.strongsvillebiblefellowship.org
    Go to "Personal Stories" then to
    "He Calls Me His Friend"

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Dan,

It's great to see you back it's been awhile. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. I think that it's wonderful that your sister in law had a tower in her back yard and was into ham radio. My husband has a
    dipole antenna, 2 beam antennas and a verticle antenna in our backyard. I'm sure we will be busy on the radio in a day or two if hurricane Irene comes up and hits NY. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

I had a really hard time getting back here. But I think I've done it and hopefully not have any more issues. This is just the best site I have ever found and the people here are so great about answering my (sometimes) stupid questions.

You guys are the best!! :angel:

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Howdy Shalpin!

There is no such thing as a stupid question.
    There are only stupid answers!
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234