Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Security benefits to increase by 1.7% in 2015 (COLA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Security benefits to increase by 1.7% in 2015 (COLA)

Those who receive Social Security benefits may be cheered to know that once again there will be a COLA--a 1.7% increase in benefits as of January 2015:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    Last edited by agate; 10-24-2014, 09:29 PM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

So the price of gas won't increase more than 5.8 cents/gallon.
    Hooray.

Comment

I'll be able to afford a whole gallon of milk instead of a quart!
      Livin' large now!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

The Dentist probably won't give me a discount now!!!
        Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

Yup, you'll have too much money.

I'm still trying to think of ways to spend all of this.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

((((((COLA HUGS TO ALL)))))) ~

Well, maybe hubby and I should retire now and get that yacht we've been dreaming of ...

Two things:

There were more than a few years in the past, when my sons were denied COLAs to their SSI. So, any increase is better than nothing. Even a close to nothing increase. Let them eat crumbs!

How many millionaires are in Congress?

Love & Light,

Rose
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

...unless, of course, youre like Gary, and it raises your income a few dollars above the poverty line which results in a denial of benefit coverage!

But for the rest of us, maybe we can add a few more fresh veggies to our diet. Or a couple more Starbucks. Or beer. Oh, the choices...
              Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

Comment

Beer! Did someone say beer?
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by SuzE-Q View Post
                  ...unless, of course, youre like Gary, and it raises your income a few dollars above the poverty line which results in a denial of benefit coverage!

But for the rest of us, maybe we can add a few more fresh veggies to our diet. Or a couple more Starbucks. Or beer. Oh, the choices...
                  Ain't it the truth.

Yes Howie beer. But you hafta share.

Comment

Come one, come all, there's ALWAYS beer on hand. I may not have food, I may not have new glasses, but I ALWAYS have beer.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Aren't you Helpful Howie.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Comment

They don't call me Helpful Beer Drinking Howie for nothing!!!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X