Thread: 5th ANNIE- versary!

Default 5th ANNIE- versary!

Hello, All. Today is my 5th ANNIE-versary. Five years ago on this date God in His Infinite Mercy, gave me back my life. The brain aneurysm I didn't even know I had, ruptured on the 4th of October, late in the afternoon. I was shuttled via ambulance to the nearest hospital. They apparently (I don't recall any of this) ran tests and determined that they didn't have the facilities, nor the physicians to give me the proper care. I was then shuttled to Loma Linda Hospital. Fortunately for me, the top Neurologist at Loma Linda had been called in for another patient and was still on the premises when I was brought in. Due to the size and location of my aneurysm, coiling wasn't an option. The top man oversaw my craniotomy. Suffice it to say, by the time I went into surgery, it was October 5th, well passed the desired window for a good outcome. I was placed into a medically induced coma, with the hope that how soon I came out of it would determine how well I'd do, recovery-wise. I did suffer some vassal spasms and some swelling. I was ultimately given a 10% chance of survival. My priest was very close to giving me Holy Unction (similar to the Last Rites of the Roman Catholic Church). I came to and am very happy to report my recovery has been dubbed by my former priest (in California) and my new priest, (here in Utah where we now reside) as a Miracle in Progress. It's been a long road for me, but I am happy to report I'm doing well. I finished the redraft of the novel I was currently writing, and it has been picked up by TrekUnited and is published as a trilogy. I now have seven grandchildren with another on the way. I am a very blessed woman. For those of you who just began this journey, know that you, too, will make it. The troublesome symptoms will decrease in time. Have confidence in yourself and allow your brain to heal. God bless each and every one of you!

Community Member

Congratulations GalacticGal! So happy you are well and are so blessed.
    Shelly

Sorry i am late posting...But Happy 5th Annie-versary..Awesome that your have recovered and doing so well.

I am a new member to this site. I just returned from my neurosurgeon who gave me the news of a 4mm aneurysm behind my right eye. Right now I'm just numb. I've been reading online blogs and decided to join. I've just turned 64 and found the love of my life and with this news feel like all breath in me has been sucked out. How did you copy? I have to decide between coiling and clipping...I see another Dr who does the coiling. Research I'm reading from what little bit I know seems to favor the clipping. Being retired law enforcement, seen a few craniotomys. Any info would be appreciated.

New Community Member

Wow, gives me hope! Thank you so much for sharing... God Bless!