Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick is out at a hockey game tonight and I am grateful

Hi Everyone!
    Nick is out at a hockey game tonight with my two brothers in law and I am feeing so grateful! When Nick was young, he was in the hospital so much and then we lived in England and then Nick was palliative, it was all so dramatic. But now that we are back home, my brother in law Jerry has truly befriended Nick in a deep way. He goes to hang out with Nick (bringing beer and chips) for TV sports events - often 3 x a week! Jerry told me that Nick is one of his very best friends. Now Rob, my other brother in law is getting to know Nick. Last week, he said "Nick is so funny and he's so interesting!" So, tonight, they are all together at the game and I am feeling grateful. Here's Nick latest hockey blog (you probably won't understand it ... I don't! LOL) Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Love to you all and your precious children. PS: Natalie is coming home for Canadian Thanksgiving next weekend, YAY!!!!
    Donna
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

((((((Donna)))))) ~

I'm so happy for Nick and for you that Nick and his uncles are bonding and having a great time at a hockey game tonight! What a journey from a grim prognosis to tonight! Nick just keeps beating the odds against him, with determination and courage. I know your heart is soaring!

While I know absolutely nothing about hockey, I do know great writing. And Nick is a great writer. Excellent journalistic style. He articulately laid out his case, and he supported it with facts. Like his parents, he has talent!

Most importantly, the blessings of Jerry, Rob, and Nick interacting in this loving, meaningful, and "manly" way are multitudinous for all of them. Eyes and hearts are opened. How fabulous is it to be loved and understood? To be viewed beyond your limitations and recognized as being limitless?

Love is powerful and beautiful.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Working...
    X