I have another pet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have another pet

finally I have a new pet. I have been without one since Meanness died and that has been about 3 years. I cannot believe that I have missed out on so many happy hours playing with a pet. I got a kitten a couple of weeks ago. I have asked to see exactly when my sons' neighbor (where I got the kitten) when the litter was born withno luck.

and I have waited so long to enter this that I am not sure when we got her ourself. I had said that I would not get a cat unless I could get a manx. They may have a snub tail or a stubby tail and I have had a few in my lifetime. They are not always so easily found though. So when I heard my daughter in law mention that there was a stub tail male cat in her neighborhood, I asked her to keep up with it. And it was just this summer that her neighbor in front of her house had a cat with a litter and one had a stub tale. Next time I visited son I also asked the neighbor if I could see her kittens. I fell in love at first sight, LOL. I asked her if she was giving away the kittens and she said yes. I asked for the stub tail one and she agreed to let me have it.

it is common tabby kitten but she is oh so playful. She can leap farther than any kitten I have seen. She has gone from an outside cat to an inside one so she does take in all the furniture in the den. I feel it is only fair as I robbed her of her playmate siblings.

Hubby is taken with her as well and I am tickled. We call her baby Janis, and the name Janis (I say baby Janis) fits her. I wish I could post a picture of her even if she is a tabby.

joy !

i am so happy for you and your new cat!

it doesn't seem like meanness died 3 years already! it is hard being without a pet when you have had pets all your life. they are funny, with their own personalities and they give and take love unconditionally. of course hubby is tickled, who can resist a little kitty?

i hope you enjoy your kitty's antics for many years to come!

(((hugs))),
    jeannie
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

Comment

Awwww she sounds like the purrfect fit
      Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
      Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
      Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
      Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
      Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
      Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
      Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

((((((joy))))))

Baby Janis is a lucky kitty to have such a loving Mom and Dad to care for her. May you enjoy many wonderful happy years together!

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

That's wonderful news, Joy! I'm very happy for you. Tabbies are lovely cats.

Pets are so important to us. My birds mean the world to me...they help so much with my depression. They know when Mommy is sad and will give me extra attention. Skye comes over and says "I love you!"

Little Janis will be a wonderful friend for you.

Comment

I;m so happy for you!!!! Wow, like Jeannie said I can't believe it's been that long since you had Meanness. I hope you can post some pictures of your addition to your family. I wish that I could get a animal but with traveling it would be unfair for the animal. Keep us updated with stories regarding Janis.
            Take care,
            Dawn

Comment

sorry I had a double post. it took sucha looong time to post and so I hit reply again. old computer is just slow and I get so tired of sitting and waiting for it towork.

I wanted to ask for prayers for Kevin who has been so bad and in hospital. Donna passed earlier this year and Kevin was bad off even while she was still alive. Kevin biggest is his heart and he has been in critical condition for some time. He had injuries to his legs that made things more difficult. I think he is just feeling so low because of so many trial and troubles they have had and now he is left without the love of his life.m m He also now has to be on kidney dialysis.
              Last edited by joy; 09-12-2014, 10:49 PM.

Comment

aw thanks you all, I just knew that everyone here would be happy for us. I now can't see my reasoning for waiting for so long. I think I had it in my head that we would not be able to go anywhere if we had an animal to take care off. The fish were okay to leave for up to s week, I had that on assurance from a fish forum and they did survive, lol. all finally died though and we buried in a flower pot - no flushing for my betas

I knew cats were easier t leave aat ghome from p-ast experience. and we have already had to do this.
                We left one afternoon to go see granddaughters ro0deo and on up to our olake camper. we returned next day and were home by around 9 ish. Boy was baby Janis glad to have us home. we had taken her to the lake once befor withoput any trouble but s we would be getting out for About 2 hours to watch granddaughter ride in rodeo, I was afraid she might slip outside as it was hot even tho it was night. and in strange places with horses noise and all well I knew she'd be better off home with plenty of food and water and her toys..

It seems that I will have surgery and I was wanting something to keep me company for times when hubby had to be out. I tink I will have good company. while I am thinking of it, I still have a difficult time getting all my pages to come up at times. message will say this ...cannot be displayed. so NO worries if I d not get back with you all. If I can I will post when I leave for surgery. I went today to regular doctor to get a checkup and it is a good thing I did as I have an awfulUTI. no wonder I have been feeling so bad and I was blaming it on needing the surgery. I want to scrap it all but no it will bwe better if I go ahead and have it. I have gotten to be sorta a chicken as I get older about surgery. Use to never bother me at all.

and I so want to try and track down some people. Pati for certain. I am so worried about her. I have one more place to check for phone number for her and I want to get in touch with her so bad. I cannot believe I have let my own health stuff starying off this year keep me from finding out about others. I have a one track mind that stays derailed in my old age.

(((HUGS))) to all you wonderful folks. take care

Comment

Working...
                X