No announcement yet.

I can't take this, anymore!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jo,............................................... ...................................

Yep, I'm in therapy, so, I'm sure, this thought will take a hike soon!!
    Also, I need to let you know, I *stay* logged-in at *all* of the sites I visit, because, I *just* *can't* remember
    *all* of my different passwords for *all* of my different sites!!...Lol So, if I get a message from you and I *am* at B./T., I *will*
    *always* reply immediately! If I *don't*, respond immediately, you're only seeing my name, but, I will respond as soon, as,
    I get on B./T. and see your message!

Phyllis
    Last edited by Ponygirl; 11-06-2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Well great. It will take a hike soon!! . Phyllis, you are a doll. I knew you would get things worked out.

I know about Bio-Feedback. It's been so long since I did it I can't remember all the ins and outs. Mal Did a good job of describing it.

I could not relax. the more I tried the worse I got. I went to a pain Clinic as an in-patient. I was there about 5 + weeks. There is so much involved in my story I am afraid I can't remember it all.

My life was a mess. I had Chronic Migrain's. Really bad ones. Anyway, I didn't even understand why I was there for several weeks. I just know they had differant things to help us relax. Nothing phased me at all. They made things worse.

So, they said they would try bio-feedback. I went into a very small room, had to sit in a huge lounge chair. they put leads on my head and it was all connected up to a computer type thingy outside the room. the tech that was doing it would speak softly to me, ask my how this felt or questions like that. Her voice kept getting lower and lower. I don't think I managed the first few times. She would explain what was going on with my brain while I was in the little room.

I went in one day, sat down, we started the routine. It was nice and cool in the room. I started breathing in and out, very slowly. The next thing I remembered The Tech ran into the room, started shaking me asking me if I was alright!!

I had relaxed, I thought that was what they wanted me to do. I had put myself to sleep!! lol lol They were very pleased and so was I. I had a few more appointments and I was doing so good I was relaxing in other things everybody did together.

Now Phyllis, You've got to remember I am not young and that was in the late 1980's. That is what I remember of how they treated me. They did have other things they worked on with some of the other Patients. None of it was painful, disturbing in any way.

They did tell me I was the worse patient they had ever treated just learning how to relax!!

So, if your therapist is suggesting this I would advice you to try it. you can always stop it anytime you want. The little room almost made me have a panic attack!! I even got thru that.

It was interesting to me and I learned a lot. things I already knew, but had stuck them back in behind my brains!! lol lol

I hope I've said something helpful, but ignore this if you want to.

You take care sweet giggles!! s

One thing I forgot to tell you. I had a computer screen on the table in front of my chair. I could watch my brain waves and it would beep if my anxiety level got high. then I had to work harder to get it to normal again.
      Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
      'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Whoa, Jo, hold on!!!...Lol

The subject hasn't come up, again, because, I told her, I really wanted to try talking, first.
        So, we're going to try that and see where it leads and, *maybe*, bio-feedback, later!

Phyllis

Comment

well, that is great, sweetie. You always come out on top and I applaud you Take care and wishing you much good luck! I still love you, Jo ((((Phyllis))))
          Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
          'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

Working...
          X