Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't take this, anymore!!!

Distinguished Community Member

Thumbs down I can't take this, anymore!!!

:(

I'm 44 and I can't help, but, spend every waking moment, thinking, "my life is half over!" I can't quit thinking of it,
    unless, I'm asleep, so, it's destroying the time, I do, have, left! What can I do?!? I can't take the anxiety, anymore!!!
    I mean, it's not the, "I haven't done anything with my life", type, anxiety. It's just the "I *don't* want to *not*, be here,
    anymore", type, anxiety. But, I can't control that fact, because, I know, it will happen, sometime. It happens to everyone,
    eventually!:( What do I do???:(

Phyllis

New Community Member

i would suggest talking with your dr. I don't necessarily mean for medication, but your Dr may know of some alternative ways to help with this anxiety.

There are some simple things you could start doing as well.

For one, BREATH!!! just take some deep long breaths and focus only on your body, relaxing all your muscles, focusing on each muscle as you do.... Its amazing the physical effects stress and anxiety can have on a persons body.

Next, once you are relaxed, what is it about 'not being "here"' anymore that is upsetting you? is it something you havent done (you know a 'bucket' list type thing) or something else. Once you discover the reason you are afraid of 'not being here' then some solutions may present themself.

I often get anxiety attacks that are seemingly out of the blue. And i'll be thinking... I have no reasons to be feeling anxious, I'm just sitting here at my desk at work, doing what I do every day, so what just happened to cause this anxiety. I usually find that I had read something that inadvertantly caused me to think of an anxiety trigger in my life.

For me I always worry about money, even when I have money, and my bills are paid and i'm secure, its just an anxiety trigger for me. I've found that often when i'm reading and i come across someone talking about not haivng money, or struggling to pay bills, consciously i don't really process it, but subconsciouly it brings out all my old anxieties from a time in my life where i was in that situation, and will trigger an anxiety attack. Once im able to find out what is causing the anxiety attack, i'm able to take steps to stop it. For example, keeping with the money situation, when I start having an attack because i'm worried about money, I will log onto my online banking so I can visually see my bank account, this "proves" to me there is nothing to worry about.

If you can find out what it is that is making you have anxiety about 'not being here' perhaps there are behaviors you could do to ease those concerns. But again I would definitely recommend speaking with your dr. Because anxiety can also be a symptom of something else.

Blog Entries

44 is not that old anymore. People can live to their 100's these days if they take care of themselves. I know that doesn't really help but I had to tell you that. Live in the moment. You don't need to be thinking about the future so much because the future hasn't happened yet.
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 09-10-2011 at 07:17 PM.

hi
    I agree with funnylegs the future hasn't happened yet you need to think about what you can do now I suffer from agrophobia i spent a lot of my life tied to the house and like you i couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel, but now i do things now that i haven't done in 20 years it is one step at a time,try meditation relaxation breathing,also when i get in a state i breath in to the count of 4 then breath out for the count of 6 that takes concentration,you can only try it,wont hurt but there is no quick fix.

regards dianne
    Dianne

Question My therapist says, she might try bio feed-back.......................................

*confused Can anyone tell me about it??? What is it, how's it done, etc.???

Phyllis

Exclamation Bumping this, so,............................................... .....................

:ambivalence: hopefully, someone will see this??????

Phyllis

My take on bio-feedback is that it "has good vibes."

Default Mal,.............................................. ...................................

are you saying, you've tried it? Can you tell me about it? Do you know the answers to any of my questions?

Phyllis

Default Bio-feedback

I haven't tried it, but have some general knowledge from reading, etc. It can be used to condition you and your thinking in the desired direction. For example, it could use a computer program to ask you questions, and then according to your answers, present you with a reward or a discouragement, such as the sound of pleasant chimes to reward - or the sound of a "razzing" buzzer to discourage. With practice, the method could gradually change your thinking. This is the general principle. There must be many other procedures that also could be used.

Talking Mal, thank you for your response!......................................... ...........

Hopefully, it'll work!!

Phyllis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast