Thread: My friend with a rare spine related disability needs some prayers!

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Default My friend with a rare spine related disability needs some prayers!

This friend of mine hadn't been answering my phone calls or emails in over 3 months so I knew something was up, and last night I found out that unfortunately I was right. Turns out he's been really sick the whole time. He has a rare disability that has to do with his spine. From what he explained to me what he has is a lot like Spina bifida in that is spine did not form the right way when he was in the womb but it was malformed for a different reason and in a slightly different way. He's been sick like this many times before so I think his illnesses have something to do with his disability. It scares the crap out of me each time he gets sick because it really screws him up each time it happens and I'm never sure if this time he gets sick is the time when his body will give out. And this time it's even worse, he needed so much time off that he quit his job at IKEA! That's never happened before. I'm really worried about him. I don't want to lose him!
    Please pray for him!
    Last edited by funnylegs4; 09-08-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Sorry to hear about his spinal problem and it is easy to see why you are concerned. I will add him to my prayers and I hope he gets feeling better soon.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

How awful for him! I will keep him in my prayers. Let us know how he's doing if you get a chance.
    -Fused L3-S1 (3 surgeries, last one 1-12-11)
    -4 Surgeries for infections, last one 2-15-11
    -T-spine 11-12 cyst, 7-8 deformity, DDD throughout, and stenosis at several levels

Thats terrible I will keep him in my thoughts and my prayers.
    Dianne

Distinguished Community Member puddykat's Avatar

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your friends.........hope you'll keep us updated. hugs, kat
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

Distinguished Community Member puddykat's Avatar

Funnylegs, haven't read all post, maybe missed updates........but wanted you to give us an update about your friend.

Hope you'll do so please. Hope he's doing much better since your first post in September hon.....hugs, kat :)
    TMJ/shoulder/parotid tumor surgery, Scoliosis, Lumbar fusion for Spondylolithesis; now in entire spine. Herniated cervical disc, no surgery, high risk/Vascular Dementia (VaD), Breast Cancer survivor 12 yrs, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis. Rapid transit small bowel/no weight gain, IBS, 'cusp'/Crohns; Diviculosis; myoclonic dystonia. VaD, my 8th yr, causes tia's, seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, Lewy Body Dementia

We are praying in Tennessee for him.

Blog Entries

Smile My friend is back to his old self but still can't find a job.

Thank you so much for the prayers guys!!! So sorry for this late update. The only reason it took me so long is because this friend of mine lives far away so I don't talk to him that much so I knew nothing about his condition until yesterday. He is doing way better now and is back to his old self. He has even gotten the oppurtunity to be able to wheelchair dance in a film!!!! That is a first for him. I am so proud of him! However he still can't find a steady job. Some prayers for him to find a good job would be nice.

funnylegs, glad to hear your friend is doing so much better. How did he end up in a film? Did he answer a call for people to show up in a movie for disabled people or did they contact him? I hope he finds a job soon and that everyone in this country finds work as many have been out of work for too long.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life